Forums

Topic: General E3 2015 Thread - 2 Days Away! (Smash, NWC, Bethesda Today!)

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,894

DefHalan

Octane wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Microsoft has said that their conference will be about an hour and a half, which comes as a surprise to absolutely no one.

90 minutes of awkward jokes, movie trailers and PR talk. I can't wait!

Don't forget the same Call of Duty Demo we have seen multiple times now.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

Octane wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Microsoft has said that their conference will be about an hour and a half, which comes as a surprise to absolutely no one.

To be fair, last year Microsoft cut most of the fluff out (though the CGI trailers were still prevalent).

@DefHalan Actually, rumor has it that Microsoft's deal has ended and that Sony now has the Call of Duty deal.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DefHalan

IceClimbers wrote:

Actually, rumor has it that Microsoft's deal has ended and that Sony now has the Call of Duty deal.

Oh so I should skip the first 20 minutes of the Sony Conference then lol

iKhan

IceClimbers wrote:

Octane wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

To be fair, last year Microsoft cut most of the fluff out (though the CGI trailers were still prevalent).

@DefHalan Actually, rumor has it that Microsoft's deal has ended and that Sony now has the Call of Duty deal.

Plot twist. Sony didn't get the deal, NINTENDO did

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Octane

IceClimbers wrote:

Octane wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Don't worry I was just joking. I still think that a lot of companies need to cut out the CGI-movies and show actual gameplay on the console, not a high end PC. It's fine to some degree, but if they entire conference barely shows any gameplay, it's difficult for me to get interested. Last year was actually pretty decent, in terms of PR talk and such. It's still the conference I'm least interested in though.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

UGXwolf

Octane wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Octane wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Don't worry I was just joking. I still think that a lot of companies need to cut out the CGI-movies and show actual gameplay on the console, not a high end PC. It's fine to some degree, but if they entire conference barely shows any gameplay, it's difficult for me to get interested. Last year was actually pretty decent, in terms of PR talk and such. It's still the conference I'm least interested in though.

My hype-meter and honestly my overall predictions on how I'm going to feel about this E3 are as follows:

Nintendo>Microsoft>Bethesda>Square>Ubisoft>Sony>EA

I suspect Sony will move up the list and Ubisoft will move down. Square might move down, too. Just depends on how much Sony brings it, this year. Going off their last two years, I'm not holding my breath. EA is pretty much guaranteed to be my least favorite, though. Sorry, I don't care about sports, licensed games, the Sims, or your generic shooter. I might take interest in some PopCap stuff, but only if it actually looks interesting. Probably gonna tune out of their conference about an hour in, like I did, last year. Meanwhile, Microsoft claims to be bringing the 1st party support. Excuse me while I get hype. Xbox One is sounding better and better every year!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Octane

@UGXwolf Right, I forgot about EA. I don't think I'm even going to bother to watch that one.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

I think this year it'll be this for me:
Microsoft=Nintendo>Ubisoft>Square>Sony>Bethesda=EA

Although I'm pretty much solely getting an Xbox One for Rock Band 4, I'm sure plenty of great reveals will happen this time around. For Nintendo, I have very low expectations but I've been proven wrong in the past. Ubisoft is only high up because of Rocksmith, Square is only high up for Tomb Raider sequel and the other 3 I pretty much don't care about.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

I think Sony's conference will be awesome but it will have **** to do with convincing me to actually buy a PS4. But it's better than nearly anything ever at promoting smaller games and that makes me eternally happy (especially since "smaller games" seems to consist of 95% of gaming nowadays anyway). Similar reasons why I was glad Nintendo's treehouse event had some indie games too.

Honestly Ubisoft and EA are the ones I have the least interest in. EA always sucks at this, and Ubisoft MASSIVELY disappointed me at their conference, even ignoring the lack of Nintendo. Both of them were just awful versions of the Microsoft and Sony conferences. I think it was underappreciated how awful Ubisoft's conference was last year, summed up their year in general. The fitness Kinect game they showed off was a highlight, that's how bad it was. Just everything wrong about AAA gaming in an hour. And it's a shame, because for a while they were at least focusing on a variety of games and still remembered what primary colors were. But now that's saved exclusively for download games it seems. What a waste.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DefHalan

I am only excited for Bethesda because of Doom, I tend not to care to much for 3rd Party conferences because if it isn't important enough for 1st party to pay to show off in their conference then I probably won't care, plus I have to give myself time to drive down to LA everyday, so I don't have time to watch all of them.

cookiex

DefHalan wrote:

I am only excited for Bethesda because of Doom, I tend not to care to much for 3rd Party conferences because if it isn't important enough for 1st party to pay to show off in their conference then I probably won't care, plus I have to give myself time to drive down to LA everyday, so I don't have time to watch all of them.

Will you be attending the show this year?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

DefHalan

cookiex wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I will be at E3, I don't get to go to any Press Conferences but I do get to play a bunch of demos. I really want to get my hands on Star Fox, if it is playable.

cookiex

DefHalan wrote:

cookiex wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I will be at E3, I don't get to go to any Press Conferences but I do get to play a bunch of demos. I really want to get my hands on Star Fox, if it is playable.

Miyamoto confirmed back in January it will be playable, unless plans have changed since.

cookiex

DefHalan

cookiex wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

cookiex wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Miyamoto confirmed back in January it will be playable, unless plans have changed since.

It could also only be playable behind closed doors, we will see

IceClimbers

Could be Tekken Tag Tournament 3. Then again, that might be unlikely at the moment since that team is busy with Tekken 7 and Pokken Tournament. So probably a Tales game.

cookiex

Tales of Zestiria was released in Japan just a few months ago (and is going to be at E3) so I kinda doubt it's a Tales game.

cookiex

IceClimbers

cookiex wrote:

Tales of Zestiria was released in Japan just a few months ago (and is going to be at E3) so I kinda doubt it's a Tales game.

Soul Calibur VI then. Unless they consider Klonoa a AAA title.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.