Forums

Topic: General E3 2015 Thread - 2 Days Away! (Smash, NWC, Bethesda Today!)

Posts 1,881 to 1,894 of 1,894

Grumblevolcano

Inkling wrote:

This is how Nintendo should have done their E3 presentation.

That's mostly better, Amiibo Festival still being present is a huge problem though!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

6ch6ris6

Inkling wrote:

not bad but devil's third is still missing and most of the games shown still dont interest me that much. star fox still looks like a wii game. metroid still is disappointing and both animal crossing games are a freaking joke.

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RR529

The digital event should have went like this:

• Start out with a "Mainstream" Wii U segment, starting with the Super Mario Maker trailer, no developer's story, and just a reminder of "Let's Super Mario", since it's for a good cause (it should have been announced alongside Mario Tennis as the finale of the pre-E3 direct).
  • Skylanders Superchargers segment (not terribly exciting, but it's important to highlight 3rd party collabs whenever they happen).
  • End this segment of the event with the Yoshi's Wooly World trailer (no developer's story).
  • Launch into an all 3DS segment starting with the Fire Emblem: Fates trailer (it's a title that'd regrab the attention of the more hardcore Nintendo fan, but still best to get it out of the way, since it didn't show anything particularly new).
  • Then Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, and Chibi Ribo: Zip Lash in any order (Chibi Robo replaces AC:HHD, which should have been in the pre-E3 direct. The two Zelda titles should probably still have been announced side by side).
  • 3DS segment ends with Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (by far the best surprise of the event, regardless of platform).
  • Launch into a "core" Wii U segment with FE X SMT, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fatal Frame, and Devil's Third in any order (the two developer's stories I removed should be added here for D3rd & FF, to build awareness).
  • End out with everything Star Fox Zero (including the developer's story).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

UGXwolf

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Inkling wrote:

not bad but devil's third is still missing and most of the games shown still dont interest me that much. star fox still looks like a wii game. metroid still is disappointing and both animal crossing games are a freaking joke.

Devil's Third sounds like it's coming next year, and seriously? Don't you think you're drastically overreacting? A wii game? I thought Zero looked pretty good, and last I heard, the graphics have been stepped up since then. It certainly doesn't look like a Wii game. No moreso than anything on the PS4 looks like a PS3 game, anyways.

Anyways, I'm personally ok with the new Metroid. A little bit of background could do the buddig universe some good and a co-op experience really speaks to me, since I generally hate FPSs, unless I'm playing with friends.

Also, no. The AC games DEFINITELY don't look like a joke. ESPECIALLY the 3DS one. A lot of people have made it pretty clear thag desogning is their favorite aspect of the Animal Crossing series, and this game gives you the power to control not just your home, or even the public space, but every simgle detail in every home in town. Amiibo Party is questionable, sure, but what we know about it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. There could be a lot more to it, and even if there isn't, who says its not the old MP team or Nd Cube working on it instead of the main AC team?

Just calm down. Instead of getting up and arms every time a game isn't exactly what you wanted, try looking for the good in it or the direction. Everything they showed at E3 looked good, even the stuff I'm not personally interested in. Maybe that's because I just happen to actually like video games.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Olliemar28

Stryker89 wrote:

I'd be surprised if we get many big Wii U announcements to be honest - I think we'll get release dates for all of their upcoming titles, excluding Zelda, and there'll be a heavy focus on DLC for Mario Kart and Smash. We may see a couple of HD remasters, but with Nintendo already acknowledging NX, they've already killed any chance of increasing their Wii U install base (it's not enough to pander to current Wii U owners). That sounds so cynical, but realistic, I think. It would be more sensible to cut their losses and focus their resources on NX.

Having said that, a new Animal Crossing is pretty likely.

Aw man, I was SO right... And no one listened.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

NintendoFan64

Inkling wrote:

Wow. That is actually a lot better. Aside from those changes, I also think they could keep the dev story for Starfox, while add some for Yokai Watch and Fatal Frame (that could easily help them with sales in America) and Federation Force (Maybe explaining it a bit and why they decided to make it would tone down the backlash a bit.) I also think they could still at least mention the DK and Boser toys for Skylanders, but just mention them instead of going into detail. Seriously, if it went like that video, along with the additional changes I just mentioned, this could've potentailly been one of my favorite E3s.
Edit: Also probably throw in Project Treasure and Devil's Third, both with developers stories, as well as Sakurai talking about Roy being back, the upcoming Smash amiibos, and the N64 stages.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

kkslider5552000

NintyMan wrote:

A Visit to Jim Henson Studios with Mr. Miyamoto

This is cool!

So I was thinking today, You know how a while ago people were worried about the lack of future 3DS titles being announced? Be careful what you wish for!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

UGXwolf

kkslider5552000 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

This is cool!

So I was thinking today, You know how a while ago people were worried about the lack of future 3DS titles being announced? Be careful what you wish for!

If anything, that makes me just assume the next big direct with actual announcements will far more heavily involve the Wii U. Until then, yeah, expect announcements to further what we know about already-announced titles. After next month, it'll be too late to realistically reveal anything else for this year.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

This is cool!

I was. The problem is that I was wholly disappointed with the 3DS offerings. Aside from Yokai Watch and Paper Mario: SS, I thought all the games were downloadable when I first saw them.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

IceClimbers

iKhan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

This is cool!

I was. The problem is that I was wholly disappointed with the 3DS offerings. Aside from Yokai Watch and Paper Mario: SS, I thought all the games were downloadable when I first saw them.

I think you mean Mario & Luigi Paper Jam. It's the next Mario & Luigi game, not the next Paper Mario game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

IceClimbers wrote:

iKhan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

This is cool!

I think you mean Mario & Luigi Paper Jam. It's the next Mario & Luigi game, not the next Paper Mario game.

No, clearly it's called Super Mario RPG: Bowser's Inside Story

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Henmii

So I finally had the time to look into the stuff from Sony and Microsoft:

Cuphead looks great, but we have seen it last year too

Recore looks intriguing

The last guardian is still living (apparently) but doesn't seem to have progressed much graphics-wise. Besides, the footage wasn't that new if I am correct.

Ashen looks intriguing

Beyond eyes looks intriguing. Like a cross between The unfinished swan and that french Wii game that never came to be (forgot its name)

Dreams looks interesting too, but could just be something similar to project Spark

Horizon: Now this looked great. And from Guerilla, a Dutch company. I am happy that the company from my country finally isn't working on a new Killzone (as far as I know. The Killzone games are just very dark shooters) but on a colourful and great looking sci-fi game. Avatar meets a much cooler version of Monster hunter, with big robot-creatures. I wished it was on Wii u...

Henmii

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.