Forums

Topic: Gaming Has Changed

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

TwilightV

That part about getting videogames is a huge pile. People are constantly whining that there aren't enough games for download. >:V

TwilightV

Kagamine

TwilightV wrote:

That part about getting videogames is a huge pile. People are constantly whining that there aren't enough games for download. >:V

Not on PC, pretty much everything on PC is downloadable. It's really only Nintendo only gamers that think there aren't enough game to download out there.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

Knux

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Knux

SCAR

That Pokemon one about shiny Pokemon is so true. My brother is constantly complaing about how all the kids on there all have legendary shiny pokemon. He actually has 4 legit shiny ones, and is onlt missing 3 Pokemon out of the whole series. Freaking action replay...
This is pretty true, and that's why I think arcade games still have a place, and storylines that you still need to play the game to see, especially since Youtube is in SD, and not surround sound.
There's still fun games, but I agree that the combination of immature cheating kids playing M games and immature grown-ups saying it's ok is nonsense.

$¢@®

RR529

I miss when games seemed to have an air of mystery surrounding them, and as a kid they seemed more magical (as everything did).

On the other side of the coin, though, I starting to love this new digital era, where even on a budget you can get good games for a price you can afford (new stuff like Liberation Maiden, Cave Story, & NightSky, and classics like Link's Awakening, Metroid II, & the Sword of Hope II), while still being able to support the devs. Also, even though the mystery of games is gone, I think trading it for communication with you fine folks here at NL is a worthwhile tradeoff

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

NotAUsernameHere

mudjo wrote:

If you want to enjoy the game, feel free to play it in the way it was intended!

My little brother plays B/W with cheats,While I play it the way it was created.
Literally,Gaming was better back in the 80's,90's,and early 2000's.

Backlog (Games and stuff here)
My mediocre at best Youtube channel (MK8/Smash Replay dump)
Avatar: Severa/Selena (Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates)
"You are going to need much bigger guns!" - Heavy, TF2
Friendly neighborhood Meme Researcher and Fire Emblem fan.

Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

SCAR

CanisWolfred wrote:

I played with cheates back in the day. It was called Gameshark. Lots if people I knew had them, actually.

I'm pretty sure everyone did, but the difference was that online interaction wasn't available. Exposing glitches is still considered ok, but doing it online is just being a coward. Action replay has ruined Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart, Pokemon, and other games, too. I'd rather lose a rank than play with a cheater.

$¢@®

NotAUsernameHere

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I played with cheates back in the day. It was called Gameshark. Lots if people I knew had them, actually.

I'm pretty sure everyone did, but the difference was that online interaction wasn't available. Exposing glitches is still considered ok, but doing it online is just being a coward. Action replay has ruined Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart, Pokemon, and other games, too. I'd rather lose a rank than play with a cheater.

I use AR,But only for In-Game Reasons~

Backlog (Games and stuff here)
My mediocre at best Youtube channel (MK8/Smash Replay dump)
Avatar: Severa/Selena (Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates)
"You are going to need much bigger guns!" - Heavy, TF2
Friendly neighborhood Meme Researcher and Fire Emblem fan.

Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Drawdler

RR529 wrote:

I miss when games seemed to have an air of mystery surrounding them, and as a kid they seemed more magical (as everything did).

On the other side of the coin, though, I starting to love this new digital era, where even on a budget you can get good games for a price you can afford (new stuff like Liberation Maiden, Cave Story, & NightSky, and classics like Link's Awakening, Metroid II, & the Sword of Hope II), while still being able to support the devs. Also, even though the mystery of games is gone, I think trading it for communication with you fine folks here at NL is a worthwhile tradeoff

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic