Forums

Topic: GameStop Question

Posts 21 to 26 of 26

JebbyDeringer

Within 100 meters of your house? That's a bit much to ask. Are you in a wheel chair?

Seriously though Gamestop employees are hardcore gamers so you can't expect them to know about Wii games =p

Edited on by JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer

BleachFan

JebbyDeringer wrote:

Within 100 meters of your house? That's a bit much to ask. Are you in a wheel chair?

What I've done, my good friend, is what's called a typo... I meant to put "within 100 miles of my house"...Wow...I don't know how I screwed that up, but thanks for pointing it out!

Edited on by BleachFan

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

Stuffgamer1

Sigh. Employee stereotypes...

I work at GameStop, and I prioritize GAMES, not consoles. I REALLY wish more employees did that so as to prove the stereotype false in a majority case, but they don't, so I'd just like to remind you that not ALL employees are like that.

Sigh. Street date/ship date confusion...

The majority of video games are not street dated. EXTRA huge-name titles (and random licenced crap like pretty much every Spongebob game ever) get street dates, which means the shipments go out DAYS before street date, but cannot be sold early under legal penalty. For example, my GameStop had FFXIII sitting in the back room when I worked on Saturday, but it couldn't be sold until the midnight launch at the earliest.

In contrast, SHIP dates hold the majority of titles, which usually results in games arriving in east coast stores a day AFTER the date listed. There are random exceptions (turned out AAI was available on Tuesday at my store as well, TBD), but it's usually safer to add the day.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1

To continue my stream-of-conciousness explanation (stupid browser text limit, AS USUAL...):

Back to the "prioritize games, not consoles" thing: Fact is, Calling isn't a big-name title. I can almost guarantee most employees wouldn't have heard of it even if it WAS coming to PS360. Even if they had, it probably would've been all negative; GameInformer gave it a 4.5 out of 10. Only reason I know as much as I do about it is all the coverage on NLife. Hardly heard a thing ANYWHERE else. So in this case, employee ignorance is understandable.

Regarding the "no stores stocked within 100 miles" issue: Sometimes, that happens with extra-obscure titles, where nobody in the entire CHAIN of GameStop's gets the game until several days AFTER the listed release date. I don't know why this happens, but I've seen it before. That Data East arcade collection for Wii didn't come in at release date. Then stores 500 miles away got them in, followed by us the next day. It's weird, but it happens...rarely.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Magi

cool info Stuffgamer. Thanks for the inside scoop.

Magi

Stuffgamer1

Any time, Magi. As many problems as I honestly DO have with GameStop as a company (particularly how they treat employees), I still hate to see people blame them for things that actually aren't their fault. And I just like informing people in general.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.