Forums

Topic: GamesRadar 2010 Console Predictions..... What Do You Guys/Gals Think?

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

Slapshot

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/which-console-will-win-2010/a-201...

I think they are pretty accurate. I think it will again be Nintendo that will dominate sells as always. The Wii Lineup is REALLY strong this year as well. I still think 360 will take it as always, their fanbase is a unstoppable beast I think Sony will again bring the console sells closer than ever to the 360, though 3rd Party support is really good for Nintendo this year as before mentioned, it just might be Nintendo that takes it. We shall see.... let the war begin
(no I dont mean war on this thread, keep it clean guys)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Ravage

*Possibly total bull****
Hilarious. I think it just convinced me to just build a desktop computer (stupid laptop).

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

RandomWiiPlayer

They couldn't come up with 5 reasons why the Wii would win, because last time I checked, the DSi is not the Wii.

But in my opinion, 360/Wii win.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Ravage

It said Nintendo, not Wii.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

RandomWiiPlayer

Copied and pasted from the bottom of page 2:
Next page: five reasons Wii will win

I think they spelled Nintendo wrong. And the article is about consoles, the DS is not a console, it is a handheld.

That said, I wonder why they included the PC in this. It isn't a console either.

The Game.

Stuffgamer1

@RandomWiiPlayer: He DID say he was forced to come up with FIVE reasons the Wii would win. Honestly, it doesn't have that many. I think he was arguing that the ones it DOES have a strong enough (and I don't outright disagree with that theory, true or not), but he had to do five to fill the arbitrary conditions of the article.

Overall, I'm looking to see Sony overtake MS in sales (their exclusive games list looks WAY better, IMO, and the sales have been really great lately) while Nintendo either manages to regain non-Holiday momentum or continues to decline (still selling better than the other guys either way). I don't give a crap about PC one way or the other.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

kevohki

Swiket wrote:

PC wins.

The PC always wins.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Slapshot

I think if Demon Souls could somehow get more hype from its fanbase it would definately be a system seller for Sony. Its hands down one of the best RPGs ever created. Its an experience unlike any other game.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

RandomWiiPlayer

kevohki wrote:

Swiket wrote:

PC wins.

The PC always wins.

Star Wars: The Old Republic was confirmed for 2011, therefor the PC can not win this year.

The Game.

Trin

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Copied and pasted from the bottom of page 2:
Next page: five reasons Wii will win

I think they spelled Nintendo wrong. And the article is about consoles, the DS is not a console, it is a handheld.

That said, I wonder why they included the PC in this. It isn't a console either.

You know what else isn't a console, RandomWiiPlayer? Trees. Let's make sure no-one ever forgets it, bro!

As for this article, I've never quite understood why I should care who 'wins'. I'll buy the console I want to own, and the one that has the games I want to play. That's the one that wins.

Personally I like my Mario, Zelda, Metroid stuff, my 360 was starting to bore me, so I sold by 360 Elite a while back.

Should this change, I'll read a few reviews, maybe pick up one of the other consoles - but I still don't get why anyone outside of Kyoto, Redmond, or Tokyo, should care who is winning.

It's not a football team, it's an item of electronic equipment - I do not support the Wii, or Nintendo - I currently own a Wii because at the moment, the Wii has the games I want to play.

If you have the console that has the games you want to play, and it's not the same one I own... well I think we could just about learn to put that behind us, and still seek out some sort of relationship, as human beings.

If you have the console that has the games you want to play, you have the one that wins - don't, and you don't. The games are the only thing that matters, which particular company manufactured the hardware is largely irrelevant.

Edited on by Trin

Trin

NINTENBOY

I think this is really going to be the wii's year. I think it's now or never for nintendo. We got a new zelda on the wii coming out hopfully this year, new mario galaxy and new metrod. I think that's a very good line up. Plus we have NETFLEX coming to the wii in spring and hopfully more thrid party support.

Sony's PS3 will still be riding strong with god of war 3 and they may unvail the PS4 this year and their motion controls rip off of the wii. Now for the 360 I don't think people are going to really for that unless they already have it. Because the 360 doesn't really have any exclusives on it's side that they can really BRAG about.Also I honestly don't think that project netal is going to be a big susess, because everyone and their mother has a wii and I don't think they went to spend up to $500 for a 360 and netal.

So even though I have gotten a little bored with the wii and most likly getting a PS3. I'm willing to put my faith in nintendo all the way this year, because it's just perfect right now for this year. I mean 500 games on the wii shop channel, the nintendo icons coming back better then ever and frankin NETFLAX is coming in spring so I'm positive this is going to be a good year if not a great year for the caual and the gamers that have a wii.Make me proud nintendo

NINTENBOY

Nintendo Network ID: Tmagic | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

I'd just like to point out that the Wii is the LAST console to receive Netflix support, and it's also the only one that doesn't support HD resolutions or surround sound. I guess it's better than nothing, though.

@Trin: I've never understood the idea of rooting for sports teams based on location (or at all, really). It does, to a point, stand to reason that if you have invested in a game console, you'll want it to do well. If it flops, the games might stop coming, and THEN where would you be? SEGA. Couldn't resist that one.

And of course, which company makes your system affects overall strategy, both with what kinds of games are available and what features are implimented. There are logical reasons for every bit of support I make for a game company, which is more than I can say for your average sports fan.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Rhansley64

For God sake PC ain't a Console it's a multimedia device.

The whole definition of a Console: Is when a product specialized in a Market in this case Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 falls in this category, everything else like viewing photo or checking video's is a bonus.

As for PC because most use it for work well you get the idea.

As for who will win Nintendo will win, the reason why i know is off all the three companies Nintendo is the only one who has a Team of Game Developers inside there building, Sony has deferent companies making their games same goes with Microsoft.

Rhansley64

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4690-1695 | Nintendo Network ID: Rhansley64 | Twitter:

Trin

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

It does, to a point, stand to reason that if you have invested in a game console, you'll want it to do well. If it flops, the games might stop coming, and THEN where would you be?

Once you own the console, what will be, will be. The games will not get any better or worse if you 'support' the company that manufactured the hardware, nor will your support make any real difference on the overall success of the console. Buying it will, but you already have.

As I said, the only thing that matters is the games - and you buy games to enjoy them, not to support a system.

And of course, which company makes your system affects overall strategy, both with what kinds of games are available and what features are implimented.

Yes, but again, these are things that are already done once the system is purchased. You decide what system has the games you want, and the features you require to be implemented, before you buy it. Once you have it, supporting it will not change the features, nor the type of games coming out.

There are logical reasons for every bit of support I make for a game company

Not if they are the reasons given above - the case you make above is for making the right decision prior to purchase, you make no logical case for having to continue to support it once you own the console.

I'm not saying 'just buy any console, it doesn't matter', I'm saying buy the console that allows you to play the games you want to play, nothing else really matters.

Edited on by Trin

Trin

Stuffgamer1

If there were no supportive fans, it would be a LOT harder for newcomers to figure out which console to buy to suit their needs. I could also get into some of the seedier politics of the gaming world, like how Microsoft has some EXTREMELY dirty business practices that I prefer not to support with my money if at all possible (which is part of the reason I buy multisystem games on the PS3, the other part being that I simply believe it to be the superior machine).

Maybe it's the fact that I own all three consoles that makes the ways I choose to support them make some semblance of sense. I know the ins and outs of using all three, the pros and cons. Such a wealth of knowledge (if I can say that without sounding stuck up, which I probably can't) is EXTREMELY valuable to me, as a GameStop employee who actually has a vested interest in helping the customers get what they need. Perhaps these considerations simply don't matter as much to you because you work in some other field.

Trin

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

If there were no supportive fans, it would be a LOT harder for newcomers to figure out which console to buy to suit their needs.

Confusing knowledge, with support. Knowing all you can about a console you own is no bad thing - supporting it, beyond the establish facts, wont make any difference. When I am considering which console to buy, I read reviews of it, see what games it has - I don't go find a really supportive 'fan' of the console, to see how enthusiastic he is.

In fact, surely the last person you would want to talk to, if you are thinking about buying a console, would be someone who supports it, as this view will be biased, and not objective? Someone who supports none of the consoles would be a more reliable source of information.

Maybe it's the fact that I own all three consoles that makes the ways I choose to support them make some semblance of sense.

Perhaps - there's no real reason to 'support' any of them. They are games consoles.

I know the ins and outs of using all three, the pros and cons. Such a wealth of knowledge (if I can say that without sounding stuck up, which I probably can't) is EXTREMELY valuable to me, as a GameStop employee who actually has a vested interest in helping the customers get what they need.

Again, confusing knowledge, with support. I know the ins and outs of all 3, but all 3 are what they are, nothing will change if I support them.

How do you even 'support' a games console, by the way?

Perhaps these considerations simply don't matter as much to you because you work in some other field.

They don't matter to me, because they are completely meaningless considerations. I've been playing games since the ZX Spectrum 48k, in the mid 80s, and have since then owned many systems, from many different companies. Some were good, some were bad, some were average.

I know a lot about some of them, and not so much about some of them... can't see what use supporting any of them could have made, though.

Edited on by Trin

Trin

Mabbit

im putting my bets on
drumrollllllll
Playstation 3
did you see that 3rd party games list!? Final Fantasy 13, God of War III, 3 dot heroes, and that MAG game ive been hearing about sound like they could pull the system into 1st.
if you just forget about the online stuff and gimmicks that theyre throwing at us from the xbox and remember what a sucktastic year wii had in 2009, then i think PS3 will win

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Stuffgamer1

@Trin: You tell me. You used the word "support" first.

Okay, so there's something to be said for reviews, but there is ALSO something to be said for enthusiastic opinion. This is no truer than when you're talking to customers who know next to nothing about video games in general. I suppose you could argue that any GameStop employee therefore has the opportunity to manipulate a new buyer into spending money on the companies he/she wants to see succeed, but when GameStop likes enthusiastic salespeople, that may not be entirely a bad thing. And I WILL sell people on the dubious "benefits" of the 360 if that's what they're already interested in. But if they ask me what's better between the 360 or the PS3, I'll certainly be honest. There's no way to avoid putting some personal opinion in that answer SOMEWHERE.

TBC (daggon PS3 browser BS!)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.