Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 961 to 980 of 3,146

gcunit

Bit.trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - think I started this about 4 years ago. I set out to 'Perfect' each of the 100 levels, and 18 hours 40 minutes, and 2846 bonks later, I've done it. Great game, although less levels (with greater effort put into the remaining ones) could have improved it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - This was my second full 100% run of TP (the first being on my Wii copy back in 2009ish). I think I enjoyed it more this time around since it had been so long; I rediscovered some characters, secrets, etc. that I had forgotten. Now that I consider myself a series veteran, it was a lot easier to pick up on references to other games in the series. (For reference, Twilight Princess was my first Zelda game, and I've played all the others in the series except MM, BotW, and FSA at this point.) It still houses some of my favorite characters in the series, including Midna (my favorite companion to date). The music was as phenomenal as I remembered it. The story isn't perfect, but IMO it's one of the better ones in the series.

As for what was new versus the old...overall, not too horribly much. The Cave of Shadows was challenging and a nice change of pace (kinda cheated using Amiibo here lol). The graphics were updated and resulted in some things popping out more than in my initial playthrough eons ago. Collecting stamps was...fun, I guess? I almost wish that Miiverse integration hadn't happened; while the stamps are nice, they're little more than a collectible that I could have done without at this point. This isn't the fault of the game, however. While I was never too horribly bothered by the Tears of Light sequences, these were noticeably trimmed down a bit.

Overall, Tantalus did a really great job, and they helped add a bit more to a world that I never felt was as barren as some claim. I enjoyed revisiting one of my favorite games of all time. Some complain about the art style, but I consider it essential for the mood that this game tries to convey and quite enjoy it.

Until next time, Hyrule.

Edit: Just realized this was the 1000th post in this thread. O_o

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

FlashBoomerang

Bleed 2 which is in a really good promotion in e-shop. Just S 5,09.

If you want know my Splatoon webcomic, check it:
www.splatzones.com

NinTenHoe

I've been ripping my hair trying to beat Silver Surfer for the NES!! Also coming soooo close to beating Super Ghouls and Ghosts!

The day you put the controller down is the day you've given up on life

Tyranexx

After some delays due to other games I've been playing, I finally reached the end credits of Ever Oasis a few days ago. This game is definitely a unique action RPG/management hybrid that I enjoyed overall. The plot was a little cookie cutter, but it kept me engaged enough to see it through to the end. I never thought I would enjoy exploring a desert land as much as I did, but there are definitely enough monsters to slay, puzzles to solve, chests to open, materials to find, and items to craft to keep one busy! I'm also surprised at how much I enjoyed managing my oasis (overall) as I thought this would be a major sticking point of the game for me. A few of the side quests are really entertaining.

I'll just shortlist my negatives (some of these are down to personal preference, TBH):

1. While I enjoyed managing my oasis overall, some of the materials that the bloom booths need later on are few and difficult to find. You can remedy this by sending out teams of residents to different regions, but you can't directly control what sort of materials they bring back (only if they gather materials vs. monster parts).
2. Some side quests are basically fetch quests. Thankfully these were a minority in my play-through (but still a pain). Some are just related to material gathering versus fetching a certain item specific to that quest, and more often than not I had enough materials to complete it right away.
3. Your party doesn't gain EXP from any encounters until you warp back to the oasis. This caused me to have to warp back unnecessarily at times (and lose some of my HP bonus as it had been a few in-game days since I returned to my oasis. Woohoo, more management that I don't wanna do right now!).
4. While this was definitely by design, some later dungeons more or less force you to warp back multiple times to grab residents with different mechanics needed to progress. This isn't TOO bad, but it's irksome when you had just been back five minutes before to grab one resident, then you find out you need to grab another for a puzzle of sorts.
5. I by no means disliked Esna, but she seemed a little too cookie-cutter at times.

I know this game flew under the radar of many, but despite some rough patches and things that need refined, I feel like further games in this series would definitely have some potential. It's by no means a perfect game, but there was definitely enough here to keep me engaged.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

canucksfan989

DK Tropical Freeze a couple weeks ago. Now working on YS VIII and Dragon Age Inquisition while Monster Hunter World distracts me.

canucksfan989

TheCurator

Last 3 games I beat and 100d are: Xenoblades Chronicles X, Soul Axiom and DKTF. Regarding Soul Axiom one of the unlockable monkey item cannot be found in the Wii U version due to the space level been cut out of the port. This was verified by me who contacted the developers and gave me for free a Steam code of the game.

Wii U Owner!
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 14-Inch HD Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB DDR3 248GB SSD OS Windows 10 Pro

Vinny

Touch my Katamari (Vita)

This was a release title for the Vita. It's a nice portable Katamari.
In this series, you roll stuff around on a sphere until said sphere is absolutely huge. With the Vita's touchscreen and touchpad, you can stretch you Katamari so it can get past narrow spots. It's a nice function, but you barely use it at all.

The biggest issue with this one is how extremely short and lacking in content it is (specially in comparison with Katamari Forever which came out before this one). You can beat it in 2 hours.

There's DLC stages which can be unlocked by getting a lot of something called "fan katamaris", which are extremely rare to find... Or buy them, probably what they expect you to do since fan katamaris are so hard to find.

But yeah that's it. It's a very fun title but even so it doesn't make me want to replay the stages. I could say it was really short but it was fun while it lasted.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Cynas

Just beat the secret boss in the Octo expansion in Splatoon 2. I don't know if I'm just really bad at the game or if a lot of people had troubles with it, but it took me close to 3 hours to beat. The golden toothpick is finally mine though!

Besides that boss I had a great time with the expansion. The levels had way more variety than in the single player campaign in the main game. The main story started to feel like a chore after a while, but I had fun the whole way through with the expansion.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Tyranexx

Twilight Princess Picross - This was my first try at a picross game, and needless to say I enjoyed this freebie! I finished all the regular Picross puzzles, the Micross puzzle, and about a third of the Mega Picross puzzles; the solutions of the latter were more or less the same as their normal counterparts, so I didn't really see the point in continuing.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - I was afraid this game was over hyped to me, but thankfully the hype was accurate. This is a very fun, unique RPG that hasn't aged the best graphically (though it definitely wasn't bad for its time), but more than makes up for it with its mechanics and humor. It was a fun ride that rarely ever felt like a grind.

...Also, I want to see Booster in a future game.

Edited on by Tyranexx

RR529

YS VIII - A little rough around the edges, but a great time. Probably my favorite release of 2018 so far. Just working on the post game dungeon now.

Assault Gunners HD Edition - Pretty average, but it gets the job done if you're into mech games, and certainly doesn't deserve all the 3's & 4's it's been getting (I think NL got it right with their 6). Working on the DLC missions now (I got the bundle).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Vinny

The Gonroku Legends from Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)

Muramasa (released in 2009) was one of my favorite Wii games. Beautiful 2D graphics with some metroidvania elements and beat 'em up/action RPG combat. Set in Edo period Japan, with a lot of mythological creatures and folklore. I played it a lot with both characters and loved it.

In 2013, Vanillaware made a Vita remake called Muramasa Rebirth. According to the company, one of the main reasons they picked the Vita for a remake is because is how vibrant the 2D graphics looked on the OLED screen... Which is kind of funny, considering the Slim IPS screen model released the same year in Japan. One of the main changes from the Vita version is the localization, which is more accurate than the Wii ver, and way more verbose. In the Wii version, the subs were way simplyfied. You could tell because the subs ended much before the characters stopped talking.

But my interest in the version was for the Genroku Legends, an DLC/Expansion for the Vita version. It adds 4 short stories with new characters and stories which expand on the game's universe/lore.

Fishy Tales of the Nekomata: About a cat who can transform into a fighting cat girl. Yep.

A Cause to Daikon For: A group of farmers who revolt against the government, fightning with a hoe and a bamboo stick.

A Spirited Seven Nights Haunting: A ninja who revolts against his clan, and accidentaly desecrates a shrine dedicated to the water goddess, who curses him to die after 7 days. He fights with a Kunai and a sickle.

Hell's Where The Heart Is: A very flirty guy ends up accidentaly flirting with a demon girl (yup) and ends up getting into a lot of shenanigans. You play as a the demon girl, who has both an adult and child form. Probably my favorite out of the 4.

Each chapter has about 3 and a half hours in length. In total it was 11:39 hours to beat them all. They reause the areas from the main game, but there's new bosses (some of which are kinda hard). After beating the stories, you can use the characters in the main game. Really enjoyed seeing the mythological creatures and the humor was pretty nice.

Though, I played a lot of the main game in the Wii version, as I said before and even with the updated localization, I really don't feel playing it again. I can say I'm done with the game. Not in a negative way, of course. But now I gotta finish Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown!

While I can say I liked both versions, and the Wii one will always have a special place in my heart, I recommend the Vita one more as it is more complete.
There's not an "ultimate complete version" of the game with all the DLC on cart, unfortunately. Not even the japanese "Playstation Vita The Best" re-release (which would be equivalent to a greatest hits version) has it. Though the complete digital version goes on sale often on PSN and has about 700MB.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

Anti-Matter

Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles (Switch).
I finished the storyline just now.
Whew ! The FASTEST Nintendo Switch game i finished the storyline.
I bought on 15 July 2018, finished on 23 July 2018.
Well, still so many unfinished requests to be finished for Post game.

Anti-Matter

Cobalt

Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Extremely surprised by this game. I'm not fan of idols and stuff like that but oh god, the gameplay is so awesome !
Another underestimated game on the Wii U. If you've never played it, you can go with your eyes closed.
8/10

Cobalt

redd214

Just 100 percented/platinumed God of War over the weekend. Such a special game, one of the best I've ever played. We also got through all the levels in Captain Toad. Still have to go back and get everything in all the levels though.

redd214

Vinny

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

Beat the story mode. The LBP games are all about creating, sharing and downloading levels from the community, but there's a story mode.

Overall I enjoyed it (specially the second world, Land of Odd), but it suffers from a issue many early Vita games suffered from: excessive touchscreen and touchpad controls. Other than that, the graphics look really good with some great lightning effects. Bet people were impressed for a 2012 portable title back then.

Cia

Breath of the Wild. If I take my nostalgia goggles off, it's probably the best Zelda game to date.

Cia

gcunit

@Cia Probably? If Carling made Zelda games, they'd probably make Breath of the Wild.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

EvilLucario

Went back and beat Doom 2016 again, this time on PC. And ooh boy, playing it on a good PC is just amazing.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic