Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 961 to 980 of 995

StephenYap3

Kirby Star Allies. I already 100%ed it, but I've just got finished with my ninth playthrough in Guest Star Mode, and I ain't stopping yet! Hopefully more and more Dream Friends come in the horizon!

Aside from that, I guess I recently 100%ed NieR: Automata.

StephenYap3

Andrew5678

Kirby Mass Attack. I've been hoping to play it for a while, and I finally finished it about a week or two ago. Like most Kirby games, it's not too hard in itself, but fully completing in the game makes it WAY harder, and he mini games were great fun. I felt so satisfied herding all of my Kirby's to a full 100% game!

Not too recent, but I also finished Kirby's Blowout Blast in the middle of my Mass Attack playthrough, which was also made harder because of the need for precision and avoiding damage, especially in the EX stages. It actually felt like I was being cheap here and there when I was aiming for the high score, though it felt cool that I could go a bit outside of the main barriers of the game.

Andrew5678

Pahvi

Gotcha Racing 2nd. Now I can delete it to have more space on my Switch.
New Style Boutique: Styling Star. Still playing for "post-credits" content.
Super Stardust HD. I'm happy enough to have finished it on normal (starting from the first planet), not interested in playing more of it for now.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

NintendoPete

played through Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack on Switch - both games are great and it took mit over 30hrs to beat the true final bosses and see the secret ending of part 2. Inti creates did a great job to offer different experiences with the two playable characters in Gunvolt 2. Hope to see a third instalment.

NintendoPete

OfNullAndVoid

I had previously finished the main world on Pokémon Picross, but decided to try and finish alt-world as well, which I finally did this weekend. I managed to get crowns on all levels (both main & alt world). I already love picross, but the optional missions definitely add a little extra to the game. I do wish Pictlogica Final Fantasy would get a translation, it looks interesting. For the 3DS I'm still working on Ocarina of Time.

On the PC side, I finally finished all the different stories for Elder Scrolls Online. It's an enjoyable game, and the stories of the different factions are very enjoyable. Next up for the PC is Rayman Legends.

I'm actually going to take a small break from RPGs for a while, as I miss playing more action oriented games after finishing Kid Icarus Uprising. I'll be getting Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 for the Switch in a week, and after that I'm considering Steamworld Dig 2.

As for the Wii U, I'm still working on Xenoblade Chronicles X, for which I'm at chapter 9, so I'm getting closer to the end now. Just got my 4th lvl 50 skell. Having upgraded from lvl30 to lvl50 skells sure has helped a lot.

OfNullAndVoid

Fake-E-Lee

Just beat Rive and The Final Station this weekend and I'll have Nine Parchments finished in a day or two!

Fake-E-Lee

Vinny

Super Monkey Ball 3D (2011)

Last year I've played Pilotwing Resort and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, so recently I've been looking into some early 3DS games I might have missed.
SMB 3D was a launch title, and it wasn't so well received. Mainly because of how short it is: you can beat it in less than 2 hours!

The levels have different themes, which I enjoyed and some great music. But it's overall pretty easy for a game in the series.
The camera can't be adjusted manually and that can be pretty annoying. There are times when you can't clearly see what's in front of you. I tried the 3D effect and to me it seemed like the scenery was bumping into me, haha.

What do you guys think about the Super Monkey Ball versions for the Wii and Vita? Are they worth playing? I heard the Wii version has a jump button, which seems unusual for a Monkey Ball game.

Edited on by Vinny

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

PSN: mrgomes2004

GeeEmm

Finished FEW the other day. It unlocked Lunatic difficulty but im gonna wait before attempting that.

GeeEmm

Tiefseemiez

Owlboy

This is one of the greatest games I played and especially of the indies.
The game has an amazing drive to it. Gameplay mechanics change up all the time and in many surprising ways. That and the continuous development of the story keep you on your toes all the time. The difficulty was perfect in my eyes. I hardly play shooters and I suck at platformers, but somehow even those passages that frustrated me never last too long and there are not many of them at all anyways (though in the end you cannot fly for some time and you really have to hop from platform to platform, which infuriated me quite a bit ).
Also I found myself having constant heart-beating in the "levels" (it is open world, but the areas where the action takes place is usually in some sort of enclosed location).
This also goes for boss fights, which usually happen suddenly and are pretty varied.
The story is interesting and the ending is satisfying. It manages to surprise you a couple of times (generally this game surprised me all the time regarding gameplay or story).
It is not overly deep, but it strikes the right chords and has some relatable philosophy underlying. Same goes for the characters.
Graphics were pretty to me. I generally do not love retro graphics particularly, but this is more a SNES- or GBA-style of graphics and I think it has some beautiful sceneries and great atmosphere.
The music is also amazing and apparently fully orchestrated and contributes in a big way to the atmosphere and the heart-beating. Often times it is completely quiet, but then it blows you away, always adapting the momentum of gameplay.

I must say: After I finished "A Night in the Woods" I thought "Wow, this is one of the greatest games I played for some time!". Now I have to say the same thing about this one, though for completely different reasons. Play those games!

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Burning_Spear

The original Yoshi's Island at 100 percent with all the bonus levels. For a mediocre gamer like me, that wasn't an easy task.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

Burning_Spear

Vinny wrote:

Last year I've played Pilotwing Resort and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it ...

Yeah that game got a little bit of an unfair shake because of its price and because it was part of a launch lineup that lacked a triple-A franchise. I thought it was a lot of fun and spent a lot of time trying to get the perfect scores for each level.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

Vinny

Burning_Spear wrote:

Vinny wrote:

Last year I've played Pilotwing Resort and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it ...

Yeah that game got a little bit of an unfair shake because of its price and because it was part of a launch lineup that lacked a triple-A franchise. I thought it was a lot of fun and spent a lot of time trying to get the perfect scores for each level.

I think there was just a mission I didn't complete. I love the game's music and feel, it's so relaxing and unique. I never used the 3D feature much on my 3DS but in Resort it fits the game very well, the scenery just pops out.
I think it's one of those overlooked games people should definitely check out

Edited on by Vinny

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

PSN: mrgomes2004

gcunit

Vinny wrote:

Burning_Spear wrote:

Vinny wrote:

I think there was just a mission I didn't complete. I love the game's music and feel, it's so relaxing and unique. I never used the 3D feature much on my 3DS but in Resort it fits the game very well, the scenery just pops out.

I too was playing PWR this week. It's been ages since I first tried it so I'd forgotten the finer details of how to land the hanglider. 3 starring levels is enough for me, chasing a perfect score would drive me nuts for now.

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Rocket League; Splatoon 2; Super Mario Odyssey; Fire Emblem; Suikoden; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; Gravity Rush; Ratchet & Clank; Red Faction: Guerilla; Fez; FIFA 18

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Maxz

I finally got around to 100%ing Odyssey. It's a nice game, with a lot of great ideas. Compared to some of the other 'Ultimate' levels in last 3D Marios, I can't say I was a huge fan on the final challenge. After completing Celeste, it felt like it could have taken a few lessons in how to ramp up difficulty without ramping up irritation levels. A couple of things Celeste does really well is putting you immediately back into the action and making the challenges sharp and lean enough that you can quickly put what you learned from your last death into practice; there's very little fat to trim.

Long Journey's End on the other hand features several sections where the maximum speed is dictated by the level, meaning you have to wait a decent chunk of time to get back to your last point and try again. It also features a number of quite irritating enemy types such as the colourful spikey things which behave in an awkward manner. The later levels of Celeste are a lot more brutal in terms sheer challenge, yet feel less 'punishing' because they phrase death as a stepping stone to success, rather than pushing you straight into the river and asking you to spend 15 minutes swimming back to the same point.

Anyway, it's still a great game and I generally enjoyed polishing off the final moons, even if it was only made possible by a bunch of amiibo festival cards I bought to use Uncle amiibo. And Jump Up Superstar is still a great track.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+ | CB: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Tibob

gcunit wrote:

Vinny wrote:

Burning_Spear wrote:

Vinny wrote:

I too was playing PWR this week. It's been ages since I first tried it so I'd forgotten the finer details of how to land the hanglider. 3 starring levels is enough for me, chasing a perfect score would drive me nuts for now.

Same here ! Resort was one of my favourite games on 3DS, along with Mario Golf.

Pilotwings is a sadly forgotten franchise.

Tibob

Scrummer

I got Golf Story around the launch date, but I just beat it fairly recently. It was a great time, I had a lot of fun. One of my top games of 2017 for sure.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Eagle9

M&L Superstar Saga + Bowser Minions
Monster Hunter Story
Both very great RPG's.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Anvold

Tokyo Xanadu on true ending in this Monday. Good game from Falcom, but Ys VIII is much better as action RPG.

Friend code 3DS 1092-0244-9690

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic