Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 881 to 900 of 3,148

gcunit

@Tyranexx How long did it take you? I just received my physical copy of it yesterday to play on my DSLite.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

8BitPixel

Super Mario Odyssey

Got all the 999 Moons, all purple coins, all cosmetics (Mario's wardrobe), all caps, songs... Just everything 100%. Took me over 65hours to complete everything.

Amazing game, there's some very challenging platforming which for some can be quite frustrating but very enjoyable.

The only things that was annoying was the Jump Rope Moon Skip the rope 100 times...and the Volleyball challenge in Seaside Kingdom, to also return the ball 100 times.. Don't understand why they put that in the game.. Anyway it wasn't impossible, but then again just wasn't good enough to beat it from the first 10 tries..

9/10 would never jump rope again...

Edited on by 8BitPixel

8BitPixel

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitPixel

RenderSpotlight

@gcunit Golden Sun is one of my favorite GBA games. I played it like crazy when it first came out. But I remember I got to the end and I never finished it. I remember getting lost in one of, if not the last, tower or lighthouse or whatever it was called, and then I put it down and never picked it back up. With 10+ years behind me, I might have to start over or at least pick up a guide to figure out where I am and why I got stuck.
I picked up the second game too, but I never touched it because I wanted to finish the original, and since I never did that, I never started the next one. Because, if I remember correctly, you could somehow carry over your characters stats. But it has been a while, so I might be forgetting that detail.
I do remember there was lots of dialog, especially at the start.
I assume you found it for a good deal? But you are putting your deal hunting on hold for a while, right?

I did finish the single player for Splatoon 2. It was fun, but I had hoped they would give me just a little more to use in the Multiplayer. Overall, it was fun.

Edited on by RenderSpotlight

RenderSpotlight

Pezza

I finished Steamworld Dig on Wii U in two days every evening yesterday. Downloaded it a few years ago but never got round to it. I didn't mine every single gem but I got enough to get all the upgrades and thus made the final (and only, I think) boss a pretty straightforward clash. It's a really good mix of pick up and play for short bursts and wanting to spend an hour or so rinsing out every last corner of the mines. The fact that the rooms are randomly generated each seperate file, or so I'm led to believe, makes it ripe for definite replayability. And even though there isn't really any penalty for dying, aside from going back to the hub, whether you have loot on you or not, I was still spitting feathers when a block fell on me haha. I'm finally getting through a rather extensive backlog spread across about 7 systems from various gens.

Other recents include BOTW, South Park Stick of Truth, Bayonetta 2 before Xmas.

Pezza

gcunit

@Hikingguy My last eBay hurrah was to buy Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age (got the two for £25 total, very good condition, manuals, though no box for Lost Age, which is reasonable for the condition in the UK), and Fire Emblem Echoes last week. So I hadn't started my ban then, but they only got delivered yesterday and today. I'm 24 hours clean, I promise

Tyranexx

@gcunit: My in-game file shows that I've logged approximately 27 hours, but the time logged on my Wii U is at 34 hours (over the last three weeks). Discounting some of that time where I played through the ending again as well as messed around with the game a few months ago, and the more accurate time would probably be 30-32 hours or so. I did a lot of the optional stuff, so if you're just powering through the game, then your playtime might be shorter.

I'm also notorious for talking to just about everyone in an RPG, so there's that too.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

CanisWolfred

darkfenrir wrote:

OneShot. This game hits me hard, poor, poor Niko... I tried this game because my friend said it's really meta kind of game, akin the DokiDoki Literature Club meta, but... not Horror. And so I tried it, to go on the journey to save the land with the Sun in my grasp...

No one knew that it started the journey. It's a very great journey. I feel so much for the characters. I love them, I care for them, I cherish them... I even be honest with Niko. Everything. Always.

In the end... it hurts ;_; I'll just... stay away from the game for now. I'll leave it in my laptop though, just... for the future.

(If any of you want a meta, tearjerker goodness, this game is really something to try, it's a really unique game!)

Did you play through it a second time?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

darkfenrir

@CanisWolfred Of course, finished through the solstice ending. Still sad though, but... yeah, that's what's supposed to happen nonetheless.

darkfenrir

CanisWolfred

darkfenrir wrote:

@CanisWolfred Of course, finished through the solstice ending. Still sad though, but... yeah, that's what's supposed to happen nonetheless.

I was actually asking because I never did. I opted to just...stick with the happy ending. Was it worth it, though?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

darkfenrir

@CanisWolfred Very, it explained a lot of the things that happened compared to the first run (and it really differs! Like almost immediately differs). The happy ending is very worth it in my view to get :")

Will miss Niko.

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

I had finished Portal Knights Nintendo Switch.
Had defeated Hollow King, unlocked almost all island (47 from 48, but still hasn't unlocked the last one. Maybe that's Rainbow Island by DLC item)
Great !
I finished the game even faster than PS4 version (yeah... i could only play ps4 games by borrowing every weekend)

Anti-Matter

gcunit

I reached the credits in Super Mario Odyssey last night.

I get that the 'post-game' adds a lot of content, but the campaign was particularly short. I was done in around 20 hours, and that was with a fair amount of arsing around in the mini-games and looking for more moons than I needed etc. And I'm nothing more than an intermediate Mario player.

The game is great, obvs, but in spite of the 'Odyssey' theme, it lacks the epicness I guess I was expecting, and some of the levels were fairly 'ok'. The levels I had the most fun with were Metro and whatever the beach one is called.

I did really enjoy the hour or two I've already put into the post game though, so I will get more out of it, but currently it only occupies about an 87/100 in my head. Not on the same level as BotW, maybe not even the one below either, but let's see how much more I get out of post.

Ralizah

@gcunit That sounds about right.

It's a fun, solid Nintendo game, but it can't compare to a masterpiece level game like BotW, and I'd argue it might not even be the best exclusive on the system. But keep playing. Despite the feelings of disappointment I was left with by the end, my opinion of the game improved significantly as I explored a lot of the post-game content.

Actually, my favorite part of the game was unlocked right after the credits rolled.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

games-of-death

I finished Sonic Mania recently using Knuckels, and I have to say the game does get a bit harder when you use him. Honestly, Oil Ocean is a PAIN to pass with Knuckels, but when you pass that level the game becomes a breeze to beat.

games-of-death

Pluto14

Finished Super Metroid last weekend on my SNES mini. It's truly an outstanding game and it still looks and feels well. It ended a bit abruptly, but it is imo opinions one of the best SNES game I've played.

Pluto14

darkfenrir

Just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Damn... this game is really... really good. I enjoyed it from the start until the end :')

The music, the atmosphere, the gameplay... I really love it all... This is one of the top JRPG I ever played, and loved hard. I hope that the next works by Monolith Soft will be following in the steps of this! It's just so goooooooood.

darkfenrir

Gamecubed

Finally finished Pokemon Ultra Sun after my friend kept bothering me about it.
Also finished Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS4 today.

Now on to Assassin's Creed Origins.

Gamecubed

Tyranexx

I finally got to the end credits of The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes last night. I'll be honest...Overall, I didn't enjoy the game very much. I played in the single player mode since I didn't know anyone who would be interested in local multiplayer and didn't really have the time to lobby for randoms who may or may not stab me in the back and waste my limited gaming time. I knew the single player wasn't as highly recommended, but since I went in pseudo-blind, I didn't think it would be such a pain.

To keep this post from turning into a long praise/rant-fest, I'll just shortlist the pros and cons.

Positives

• I initially wasn't too fond of the game's plot and found the folks of Hytopia to be a bit vain, but then I realized it wasn't bad for the sort of game it was (as TFH isn't a normal Zelda game by definition). In fact, I found the ending quite enjoyable.
  • Not all the characters were bland. In fact, I would almost like to see Sir Combsly return at some point.
  • The game uses ALBW's engine, so some of the environments look really nice in 3D.
  • There were some fun items.
  • While some of the bosses were recycled in some manner from ALBW, I liked the mechanics and challenge of them (overall).

Cons

• I felt that the single player was poorly conceived (In fact, I've read that it wasn't added until later). While it's passable and even fun in some parts to use the Doppels, any fun that I was having with the game (minus the bosses) fell by the wayside a little over halfway through.
    (Note: Many of my other cons are related to single player woes)
  • Some puzzles and fights are difficult to borderline impossible in single player. It's hectic and frustrating to constantly shift between all three Links to beat a timer or pull off some crazy moves in a timely manner. As much as I hated it, there was more than one stage where I had to skip it in order to progress.
  • Drablands challenges (barring the normal stage completion ones), even with practice, are almost impossible in single player.
  • The need to have THREE local players instead of (at least) two; I did have someone interested in playing with me at one point, but we couldn't find a third person. Seriously, was it so hard to set up some of the mechanics for this game to be more like how Four Swords Anniversary Edition was handled?
  • This is more of an observation than a true con, to be honest. While I wouldn't exactly call this game lazy since some (key word) work was clearly put into it, even with the DLC I felt that it didn't justify its launch price. I'm really glad that I received this as a gift instead of shelling out for it myself.

Taking the compliments that I've seen about the multiplayer and online co-op into account, Tri Force Heroes isn't what I would call a bad game. I just don't believe it's a good Zelda game and feel like a lot of the concepts should have been better fleshed out or redrawn entirely. Honestly, I feel like it would have been better suited as a multiplayer-only spinoff eshop title. I may pick it up again eventually if I ever find enough people for local multiplayer or desire to try playing the game with online randoms, but I really have no desire to play it any longer at the present time. Quite frankly, this game is currently sitting near the bottom of my "favorite Zelda games" list.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

mowerdude

Just finished Resident Evil Revelations for the first time on the PS3 last night since owning it since dec 2015 at least that is when I got my first trophy for the game. Trying to get rid of some backlog games right now since there isn't really anything I want to buy on the Switch right now. Next up will be either Red Dead Redemption or Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, alone with finishing up Super Mario Odyssey.

mowerdude

Cia

Snaplocket wrote:

Secret of Mana. Good game, as good as everyone says? I don't know. Liked the story, gameplay, and the music although there was some blatant padding, the translation was sketchy and the magic grinding was really tedious.

I'm agreeing with this. I thought even the gameplay was really clumsy, and I played the game at the time it was new.

Cia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic