Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 841 to 860 of 3,126

RancidVomit86

Did recent playthrough of Oblivion and I never did give it enough credit in the past. It's a great game and it made me realize how easy Skyrim is. The enemy's in Oblivion pose a challenge unlike most of Skyrim. Skyrim is more polished and I think Morrowind is still the best in the series but Oblivion gained some respect in my book.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Late

I beat two very short games.

Kirby's Pinball Land - It's pinball and it's fun. There's not much content. Three tables, each has a boss and once you defeat them, you'll face off against Dedede. Feels very similar to Pokémon Pinball in terms of the pinball mechanics. Seems like they used the same engine. Funny how the flippers work better in this one even though Pinball came after it. Might be because the ball never goes as fast.

Kid Tripp - Great auto runner platforming game. I did four playthroughs to unlock every achievement. One of them requires you to beat the game without using continues. You're given 10 lives and you can earn extra lives by collecting 100 coins like in Mario. There are 20 levels. It's quite hard at first (died over 200 times on my first playthrough) but I was already really close to getting every achievement on my second playthrough. Then I lost all my lives in last world. My record is 2419 coins collected and 12 deaths in 8 minutes and 20 seconds.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

RR529

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch).

Just competed the main story, with just a tad over 300 moons collected. As for how many more I'll collect? Probably as many as I can until my next paycheck, at which it'll be time to move on to the next game.

All in all it was a delightful experience. I loved it's take on Bowser's Castle, and the moment Bowser rode in on a friggin' dragon has to be one of the most epic moments in a Mario game ever.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

The Mummy Demastered: Picked this up in a sale recently, but there's not much to say here. It's a perfectly competent and utterly cookie-cutter Metroid clone. Bosses, environmental design, gameplay, etc. are all unremarkable. The music is suitably moody and there's a semi-interesting ZombiU-esque mechanic where, after you die, you have to kill the resurrected corpse of your previous character to get your stuff back, but otherwise this game is pretty forgettable.

Oh, and it only took me 5 hours to get 90-ish percent map completion. It's REALLY short. And the collectibles (aside from hidden health and ammo upgrades, because this doesn't even pretend not to be Metroid) don't seem to do anything.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Tyranexx

Well, I finally eliminated my oldest Wii U retail game from my backlog. XD And what a game it was! I was worried that The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD wouldn't completely be to my tastes, but I'm oh so glad that worry was unfounded. I had a blast exploring every inch of the Great Sea, many of the characters were memorable, the story was decent (though IMO there are better plot lines in the series), and many of the mechanics felt very intuitive. This game may also house some of my favorite incarnations of enemies in the series, specifically Redeads and Moblins.

The art style is discounted by some, but for the most part I like the bright, vibrant colors of this game and the wide range of expression that many characters were capable of. This hit home near the beginning of the game when Link was launched in the catapult barrel and many times since! I think I still prefer some later art styles in the series, but don't take this to mean that I dislike the Toon style found here.

My complaints about the game are few and far between. Sailing was really a non-issue since I lucked out and found the Swift Sail early. From what I understand, that was one of the complaints about the original.

I had quite a bit of trouble with Puppet Ganon, though that was more a combination of tiredness at the time and of me trying about everything else that DIDN'T work. The final battle is definitely one of my top encounters in the whole series.

It's easy to see how this game makes it near the top of many favorite Zelda lists, and needless to say it can now be found near the top of mine. While I'm still one of the few who has yet to play Breath of the Wild, I daresay that between this and A Link Between Worlds, I've also played some impressive Zelda games this year.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

6ch6ris6

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate on 3DS

my first castlevania game ever. i really liked it, especially the incredible atmosphere, visuals and great use of 3D. didn't like the combat system that much. the low fps didn't help either, but i enjoyed it very much and thin k it's one of the best games on 3DS. can't wait to play Metroid - Samus Returns, which was made by the same studio

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Tyranexx

Wario Land: Shake It! - This was a generally fun Wii platformer that I picked up physically some time ago. I really loved the art style and humor of the game, particularly the intro/ending videos. The bosses were more of a challenge than I thought they would be. Especially the Shake King...I genuinely thought I had beaten him, then spent the next hour trying to beat his third stage.... The only thing I didn't particularly like about the game was how gimmicky the Wii remote controls felt sometimes; I didn't think shaking the controller would get old that fast.

Overall, I felt that it was a solid entry in the Wario Land franchise, though Wario Land II is still my favorite installment.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ralizah

@matiasu I think SMT IV: Apocalypse would be a near-perfect MegaTen game if it mixed all of the wonderful improvements here with the creepier mood of the original SMT IV.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Eagle9

Picross 3D Round 2
Culdcept Revolt
Both have replay value, nice cause liked both.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

6ch6ris6

@Eagle9 never understood people who say puzzle games have replay value except for some random puzzlers like tetris. but picross??

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Eagle9

@6ch6ris6
I not do spoilers.

Edited on by Eagle9

SilverEdge92

Just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 earlier today. The ending was a little cheesy and I think I still like the first Xenoblade the best of them of all, but XC 2 is definitely superior to XC X.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

SilverEdge92

@matiasu

@Ralizah

Apocalypse would have been a near-perfect MegaTen game if the story weren't written to be as "cliche shounen anime" as possible, and didn't contradict large amounts of what was established in IV.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

jman0987654321

BULLY SCHOLARSHIP EDITION
I recently started replaying this game on my 360, and I remembered how much fun it is. There are some frame drops every now and then, but besides that, it is as enjoyable as ever, and would very highly reccomend it.

jman0987654321

6ch6ris6

@Eagle9 i played through picross 2 too so you can't spoil me maybe i just can't remember what happens when you have solved all puzzles

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Eagle9

@6ch6ris6
this thread is beaten games, not completed

beaten when credits
completed when nothing more to do

Edited on by Eagle9

6ch6ris6

@Eagle9 meaning what? beaten is 100% or what? i never 100% games. only done it once with ridge racer for 3DS

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Luna_110

I beat Zelda BotW yesterday. I completed all 4 Divine Beast, 120 shrines and had something like 95 Korok seeds. I must have clocked in something like 130 or 150 hours.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Agriculture

The Far Harbor expansion for Fallout 4 on Survival Mode. It was incredibly fun because you need to plan everything you do. You are also forced to solve problems that arise while playing, such as finding materials to repair your power armor after having been through a fight.

Agriculture

Agriculture

Luna_110 wrote:

I beat Zelda BotW yesterday. I completed all 4 Divine Beast, 120 shrines and had something like 95 Korok seeds. I must have clocked in something like 130 or 150 hours.

I always accidentally drop the rock back on the Korok dudes so they go "uughh".

Agriculture

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic