Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 721 to 740 of 3,137

Voldemort807

I just finished A Link Between Worlds and Super Metroid on 3DS both for the first time on a plane today.

Voldemort807

Eric258

I recently just finished playing Shovel Knight and Shantae, Half-Genie Hero. Both are great games but I have to say that I was kinda disappointed by Shovel Knight. It's an awesome game, don't get me wrong, but I didn't really get a 'wow' factor from it and it didn't really live up to all the hype and praise I had been hearing.Still though, I bought the treasure trove thing so I'm now gonna be going through the other knight campaigns so I'm hoping I might enjoy them even more Shantae on the other had was SO GOOD. I'm honestly disappointed in myself for not playing her games sooner and for not supporting this game through kick-starter. Everything looked great with vibrant and varied areas as well as awesome character design. The writing was also really good with some really funny humour. Also the music is just Amazing. I'm now officially a fanboy of Shantae and now I understand why heaps of people want her in smash! XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Jhena

Lego city undercover for switch. I didnt want to buy the game a second time but theres really not much else to buy for the switch. Im sure after or even during splatoon 2 ill be playing more pc again. Undercover is still not a bad game with some funny scenes. I think the loading times are pretty normal for modern games but the framerate issues are a bit annoying as is waiting for the broken objects to dissapear to collect stuff. The rest is still decent entertainment and im sure if this would be my first visit i would have enjoyed it much more.

Chase mc cain is a loveable character and i hope to play a sequel with him.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Tyranexx

Rare as it is, I actually finished TWO games yesterday.

A Link Between Worlds - Wow. Where to begin? I'll start this off by saying that this is probably in my Zelda top 5 currently. I wasn't completely sold on the rental system at first, but it grew on me. It opened up a lot of Hyrule instantly, a Hyrule that was very familiar, yet different. I probably spent most of my first session just exploring, enjoying the art style of this game, and causing some Cucco mayhem.

I quite liked the story; it introduced you to many of the Seven Sages early on versus forcing some no-names on you like in ALttP. Yuga in particular was well-written, and though the story was somewhat predictable, there were still a couple of plot twists that I didn't quite see coming. I enjoyed the ending so much that I repeated it a couple of times.

Bonus points to Nintendo for remixing a lot of the tunes from ALttP. Those "Aha!" moments when I recognized a tune were quite enjoyable. I still plan on tackling Hero Mode at some point.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - I'll go into more detail on this in the MP4 thread over on the Switch forum, but I will say that the ending battles kept me on my toes. Overall I enjoyed this as much as the first Metroid Prime, though I can see how some would consider it their least favorite in the series. Overall I liked the Dark/Light World Aether elements, though I didn't like the fact that most beam ammo was limited, and I think some of the boss fights are more meant to troll the player than anything.

The Luminoth in general are an interesting race, and one that, unlike the Chozo, you can still interact with. Their technology and architecture are quite interesting, a nice change from Chozo designs, IMO. I found Aether more aesthetically pleasing than Tallon IV in Prime 1, particularly the last third of the game.

I'm also afraid that, compared to Prime 1, this game currently takes the award for best music, in my humble opinion. I haven't played Prime 3 yet, so we'll see.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BigBadJohn

I've recently started Bulb Boy. I have also recently finished it. Good game but very short. It took an hour and half including 20 minutes stuck in one section before realising I could control the dog moth!

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Ralizah

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment: Not entirely done playing (there's still a challenge mode, new game +, more skulls to collect, etc.), but in my mind, I've completed it by finishing the story with a 90+ item collection rate.

It took me a while to get used to the change in the way Specter Knight controls, but honestly... this is probably one of the best 2D platformers I've ever played. The gameplay is really solid with a perfect difficulty curve. The writing is strong, with a surprisingly emotional climax and epilogue. The way you unlock things in the hub by completing environmental puzzles, the way that the game teaches you how to use new items (battling your way out of a special environment where you're not punished for messing up), the awesome way Specter Knight controls... everything floored me.

I think I like this more than the main game. I can't wait to see what else Yacht Club Games releases in the future!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Xyphon22

@Ralizah I just beat that a couple of days ago, too. It's been awhile since I played the original Shovel Knight, but yeah, this one was definitely a lot of fun. I thought it was a little easy, especially with the side-"weapon" that let's you heal yourself, but definitely a great game.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Nin10dad

ARMS... on level 3.....

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Ralizah

@Xyphon22 That was fine. I mean, Shovel Knight games never actually boot you out of a level, so making it easier to die is kind of pointless. What they did to make it challenging instead was creatively build the levels around Specter Knight's fluidity. There are a lot of wall-running and auto lock-on sections where you need pretty split second timing to progress. I thought it was really well done.

Jhena

Beat prey and i liked it. The only bad thing, splatoon 2 came out and i rushed prey a little bit.

Tonight its time to beat the miiind game^^

Jhena

Nagi

I recently beat Yokai Watch on 3DS.
Maybe i didn't Level Up enough, but the final Boss was a total pain in the Neck.

The Game overall was fun.

Nagi

OfNullAndVoid

Beat Kid Icarus: Uprising this weekend!

Wait, what? Why did Hades rip away the credits! You mean this isn't the end after all?
So yeah, didn't beat it. I'll follow up when I do beat it though.

I just love how this game doesn't take itself seriously, what with all the puns and breaking the fourth wall (if there ever was one to begin with). I would certainly love to see a sequel on the Switch.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Jhena

Finished mafia 3 after a little break. Its okay and i think it could have been good without the bugs and better missions. Game crashed more than 10 times. And the missions should have been more diversified. It felt worse than red dead redemption with the mostly go there and kill them all stuff. Taking over the city was just too repetetive.

The presentation and music were nice. Liked both endings.

Jhena

Ralizah

So, I'm not sure to what degree you can really beat the game, since the star of the show is the online multiplayer, but I did complete Splatoon 2's single player campaign. Overall, I think the campaign is an improvement over the original, with better level variety and, of course, a ton of replayability with different weapons. The final boss fight isn't nearly as challenging or memorable as it was in the first game, though.

Overall, I enjoyed the single player campaign, and I can definitely see myself replaying it in the future with different weapons.

Gandalfthe_Black

I 'beat' Oblivion. I'm not sure you can 'beat' Elder Scrolls games. I'm only 100 hours in.

Gandalfthe_Black

Aneira

Just finished Super Metroid.
Currently attempting FF6.

Aneira

Switch Friend Code: SW-6288-1124-2133 | My Nintendo: Supermag81

Ralizah

So I beat Blaster Master Zero a while back, but I got the bad ending. Didn't really feel like going back to it at the time, but I kind of got the urge to really, truly beat this game today, so I collected all the upgrades and achieved the true ending. Just completed it a few minutes ago, which means I stayed up until almost 4 in the morning doing this.

It was fun. I'll probably run through it with the DLC characters one day.

Jhena

I was actually right about mass effect andromeda. Its nice enough like the third part. Just another mass effect with a new crew. The crew is okay. I like jaal. Still i miss garrus. Seem to be tired of the mass effect formula with its tiring kodexes and dialog. I think the gameplay improved a little bit but i dont think its really different from dragon age inquisition. The dialogwheel is still terrible.

Maybe its because i didnt bother playing the game after voeld or i wasnt listening but theres so much stuff storywise which i dont get.

I dont want a sequel to this. 2017 is just like 2016 for now.

Jhena

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic