Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 501 to 520 of 3,148

RevolverLink

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - This one has been sitting in my backlog for 9 years, so it felt especially good to go back and rectify that. I dunno why I didn't finish it the first time around, I remember enjoying it a whole lot back then - and maybe even more this time around. Actually, playing through Corruption just after having replayed Prime 1, I think 3 is now my favorite game in the trilogy.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Vinny

3D Streets of Rage 2. Hope to see a port of the 3rd game someday too.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Late

I can finally say that I've beaten Super Mario Bros. on both difficulties without using warps. Just saved the princess on hard mode. I died 3 times.

The previous run a couple of days ended when I somehow survived the jump over the Hammer Bro just before Bowser in 8-4. I was between the Hammer Bro and chasm and I my jump got me really close to the ledge so I had to back up a bit but not too much so I won't touch the Hammer Bro and I had to be fast enough before I get hit by a hammer. I ended up not jumping and just ran to the chasm... The best part was that I had 99 coins.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Vinny

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle for the Wii. I liked how they streamlined the game, the new 8-bit minigames and the gameplay adjustments but the plot wasn't as interesting as the original and some bosses were kinda bland. But overall I really enjoyed it.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

Maxz

I recently got 380 stars on SM3DW after finally beating the Mystery House Marathon. I was expecting a bit of a furore for the achievement, but... nothing. I think the game wants me to beat every level with all five characters before it breaks open the champagne, but it seems a bit excessive. I thought Galaxy asking you to beat the game twice was tough love, but hey. I'm away for the next five weeks, so I'm going to leave my Mario adventures there and maybe think about the bigger challenge when I get back. But really, to complete just the Mystery House Marathon with all the characters... that's 150 stars on one level alone. Perhaps the task would be easier if I weren't playing the game alone.

Anyway, 3D completed! Or... 1/5 completed... depending on how you look at it. It feels like enough of an achievement to sing and shout about, at least.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

gcunit

@Maxz That's what I don't really get about Mario games. There must be so many people who've bought the games who have no clue about the requirements to 'complete' the game, let alone been bothered to go to those lengths you're suggesting are necessary in SM3DW.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

@Maxz: Wow, and here I was thinking that Galaxy 2 daring me to collect all 242 stars was nuts. O.o

I'm almost finished with the sixth world, by the way. I'm going to try for all 120 initial stars, then I'm putting the game down.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Maxz

@gcunit @Tyranexx Yeah, it is a bit nuts. At least the game is really good. I didn't realise how much I liked it until I picked it up again recently - the opening levels are a bit meandering (which is fine, and probably a sensible way to introduce people to the game, especially with four players), but the later levels really tighten up, and I've really enjoyed playing it.

I'm going to cheat and see what happens if you complete it 100%, and then decide if it's worth bothering with. I wouldn't mind playing through some of the levels I've forgotten, but the prospect of beating Champion's road five times seems a bit grim, especially without Rosalina's ridiculously OP spin-jump.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Ralizah

Completed a full War mode run of SMT IV: Apocalypse ten minutes ago. My game file wound up around the 90 hour mark, which is a pretty typical length for an Atlus game.

While I won't lie about having certain... issues with the lack of atmosphere and the cheery themes in this game, I have to admit that this is one of the funnest JRPGs I've ever played. It has been a long time since a game snared me so completely. Gameplay-wise, this is MegaTen at its peak.

If I had to break down how I felt about the various aspects of the game:

SUPERB:
Battle system
Pacing
Overworld map
Demon fusion system
Demon selection
Boss fights

GOOD:
Music
Dungeons (would have gone in the "SUPERB" category if the final dungeon wasn't so tedious)
NPC writing

MIXED/UNSURE:
Characters (they're genuinely likeable and fun, but they're also very tropey and make the game feel more like a traditional JRPG than a MegaTen game)
Plot (while the plot is well-paced, it simply doesn't have the grandeur or pathos I found in SMT IV)

DIDN'T LIKE:
Atmosphere (This barely feels like a MegaTen game, and has almost none of the dread or mystery I associate with this series)

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Joeynator3000

I can actually post something here now...
Wario Land III....either I just flat-out suck at old games now, or...I have the worst luck ever. But some of the main playthrough of that game was infuriating. lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

ianl579

I recently beat Boxboy; a fun little game but not amazing. Worth the price, but not one I'll come back to for the foreseeable future. (Although Boxboxboy is on my wish list!)

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Vinny

Rayman Origins. One of the best platformers I've ever played. Beautiful, incredibly smooth animations, creative levels and great music.

I really enjoyed playing with a Wiimote. You hold it sideways, pressing 2 to jump, 1 to punch and holding B to run (with your middle finger). It feels very comfortable and natural.

Edited on by Vinny

gcunit

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Ever since the internet entered my life and I started browsing gaming related sites, Ocarina of Time has been the game that I knew I had to play and finish some day, as this game, above any other, has been the most consistently cited as one of the greatest games of all time, and now having completed it I can totally see why. The 3DS version at least holds up very well today as a timeless family-friendly adventure.

The infrequent story injects, and the lack of explanation, were minor disappointments, but that goes with the territory with Zelda games it seems.

Overall I really enjoyed it, am delighted to have finally joined the 'I've finished Ocarina of Time' club, and the final shot the game ends on was just perfection.

So that's one game finally ticked off my bucket list. Next up: Chrono Trigger.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

I recently reached the credits of Super Mario Galaxy 2. It's definitely the masterpiece that everyone says that it is, and I'm glad I decided to pick it up! The levels were for the most part superb, and I had a lot of fun with some of the new power-ups. The only disappointment for me was the fact that Rosalina barely appears in this game, except at the end. And as much as I grew to love Starship Mario, I preferred the Comet Observatory more.

As much as I enjoyed the game, I think I'm Mario'd out for a little while now. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tasuki

Finished Lego Jurassic World tonight. For now it's my favorite Lego game. Now I just need to do the free play mode and wrap up trophies.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shaneoh

Over the past week:
Shank 2
Analogue: A Hate Story
Battletoads in Ragnarok's World
Bugs Bunny: Crazy Castle
The Wolf Among Us

Three games off my Steam backlog and two off my GB/GBC backlog (which is now down to 6 games, and I'm most of the way through Donkey Kong Land 2).

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Vinny

Chase: Cold Case Investigations, but that actually was a while ago. It felt a bit too bland and generic to me. Not to mention, really short.

Edited on by Vinny

Tyranexx

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) - I would have been done with this way sooner than this weekend if I hadn't had such a busy October (and thus, huge gaps in playtime), and if I hadn't been OCD about hitting the 100% mark. XD This was a very charming Zelda game and is definitely up there as one of my favorites in the whole series! The world was beautiful and unique and had one of the best color palettes that I've seen in a Zelda game. The story was wonderful, Ezlo was fun and entertaining (though at points almost reached Navi levels of annoying), many of the characters were charming, and Vaati was a nice change of pace for a villain.
The only negatives that I can think of were the campaign's somewhat short length and grinding for mysterious shells for Carlov's gambling scheme figurines.

RR529

Yeah, completing the figurine collection in Minish Cap was a pain.

Luckily, there's a ton of grass in the southern part of the screen just west of Hyrule Town, so I'd stock up on the Picolite that makes it easy to find Mysterious Shells and Spin Attack the heck out of it (and the Picolite that makes it easy to find Rupees, that way I always have enough to keep buying picolite...).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

because I'm a crazy person, I've actually gotten all the figurines twice!

Worst part, I think both times I ran into the glitch that prevents me from getting 100% for certain other items. So if I ever want to do that, I'll have to get all of them a THIRD time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic