Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 301 to 320 of 3,146

MoogleMuffins

Finally beat Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze in the same day after not playing them both for just under a year.

The final boss was giving me a hard time in DK which Is why I stopped but I don't know why I stopped playing Bayonetta 2. It was great.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

GrizzlyArctos

I just beat Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. I can't honestly say if I prefer it to the first game or not. I think I like them just as much as eachother. They've both got their own good points and bad points. I will say that after reading up on some of the lore of 2, I prefer the lore of 2 to the original.

Now I've got to do the DLC and mop up any bosses I've missed. Then back to Bloodborne to get ready for the DLC!

Yes, I like bears.

Storytime7

I beat Pikmin 3 earlier today. Already got all the collectibles, so now I'm playing through mission mode stages. It's an amazing game, but I didn't like having to keep the gamepad nearby even when using the wii remote controls.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Rumorlife

DKC2, LoZ Minish Cap, Kirby & The Rainbow Curse and Trauma Center: Second Opinion I've taken down this week. Go me!! They were all close to being done except Donkey Kong which I played in 11 hours cause I got so caught up in it wth

Rumorlife

BearHunger

I finally unlocked the nighttime title screen in Mario Kart: Super Circuit last night. I thought I'd have to get three stars in all cups, not just the new (non-Extra/SNES) ones. Turns out getting three stars in 150cc Extra Lightning Cup is not a requirement.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Krisi

I beat Shinobi for the 3DS, and the DSiWare game Paper Plane (got it from the Stars Catalogue) today. Also 100%'d 42 All-Time Classics for the Nintendo DS yesterday. It was a surprisingly fun and well put together game.

https://backloggery.com/krisi

HankLangley

Undertale ;(

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Peek-a-boo

@GrizzlyArctos: Crikey! It took me almost three months to complete Dark Souls II, although I lost a little bit of motivation with one particular boss whom I wasn't quite 'ready' for (Fume Knight) as well as the overly long and arduous trek to Alonne, which became increasingly weary to the point of making me feel dispirited.

The DLC for Dark Souls II actually offers some of the best areas and bosses in the whole series! I wish they used the cohesive worldview and enemies in the excellent Crown of the Ivory King expansion as the inspiration for the main game, but never mind.

I am thoroughly looking forward to returning to Yharnam in The Old Hunter's, come November.

Peek-a-boo

GrizzlyArctos

@Peek-a-boo: Yeah, I may have too much time on my hands at the moment, but it helps with my backlog! I haven't beaten the DLC areas yet. Fume Knight really took me by surprise, but I eventually beat him. I've only fought Alonne once so far, which failed miserably. I think I've actually overdone it a bit now, and I'm a bit 'Soulsed out', so I'm going to take my time with the DLC areas.

Yes, I like bears.

Ralizah

Just got the platinum trophy for Corpse Party: Blood Drive, so it's time to move on to something else.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Late

I beat Ninja Gaiden (NES) for the first time 10 minutes ago. It was so rewarding to kill the final boss after running from stage 6-1 to 6-4 so many times and then I finished him off with one HP left on my health bar. Running through the stages became so easy after first few times. I could literally die to the boss and run back to him without getting a game over. It's not as hard as some make it sound.

I also finally got the last puzzle piece for Puzzle Swap in StreetPass Mii Plaza so I guess that can also be taken as some kind of accomplishment.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

SuperWiiU

I'm done with DBZ: Extreme Butoden (3DS)

Z Story: Decent, but way too easy
Adventure mode: Pretty generic story that borrows much from the two new movies. And though you face new enemies, you fight the same few a lot with the new enemies just being assist characters. This mode demonstrates the lack of playable characters the most. The map is just filler, it would've been better to just have the fights go from one to another and replay the previous ones for a better ranking with a stage select. I didn't discover the shop till the very end and conclude it is useless for all but the most casual players as I didn't need any of the items.
Extreme World Tournament: A little challenging, but spamming blast attacks will make it a lot easier. It doesn't have arcade endings like I hoped, so there's very little reason to play it again.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Rumorlife

LoZ Spirit Tracks & Harvest Moon GB. Spirit Tracks was waaaaay more fun than everyone made it seem. I thought I wasn't going to like it at all, but I can kinda see why people aren't always positive about it. I never liked the DS Zelda controls much, but also there was nothing to explore except the stations. But I liked that, I didn't want to have a gigantic map to traverse. The train taking me places was so lazy and nice.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

TheGamePantry

I haven't beat any Nintendo games in a while, but the last two I beat were Mario's Picross on the Game Boy (VC) and Sonic Classic Collection on the DS. The last 2 games I beat were Super Meat Boy on PS4 and LittleBigPlanet2 on PS3 though. I'm going to start Majora's Mask and Link to the Past soon since it's Zelda month!

TheGamePantry

VelvetElvis

Turns out that the last two games I beat were something of a matching pair, in odd ways. I recently finished The Fall and Year Walk on the Wii U eShop (bless its heart). Both games excelled in terms of atmosphere and narrative, both played very much like old-school PC adventures (opaque-assed puzzles and all), and both were just a wee rough around the edges.

I thoroughly enjoyed them, though (particularly Year Walk). Both games were also short, and able to be beaten during a good night in. And you know what? I liked that. Nothing against content-packed games, but with the sometimes overwhelming scale of games we see today, it's immensely refreshing to sit down and just plain beat a game. To be finished with it. No "New Game Plus," no "but now you have this costume to use, so you should replay the whole thing again," no "Ultra Mega Hard difficulty unlocked." It's nice to play a game, take in the experience, and close the book.

VelvetElvis

HoldMahBeer

Not sure if this should be considered recent or not, but over the Summer I completed Watch Dogs (this year has been a hectic year in terms of being busy for me so I haven't really had time to complete games as often as I'd like to). I personally loved the game but most of my friends didn't really get into it, unfortunately. It has a great soundtrack too, so that's always a plus.

Earlier this year I also completed The Last Of Us which was fantastic. It is truly as great as everyone says it is, despite dying hundreds of times.

Edited on by HoldMahBeer

HoldMahBeer

renaryuugufan92

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water with everything S+ rated
a 3 star run of Wind Waker HD on hero mode
and finally completed Metroid Prime 2 after putting it off for months

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

TheCournel

I just beat Halo 5 last saturday but im currently working on tales of vespiria before the christmas season kicks in

TheCournel

RR529

Arkanoid Breaker Brick (Android)

A pretty generic name for a pretty generic game, but that's fine, since I've always been a fan of Breakout/Arkanoid clones.

As noted above, it's an Arkanoid clone, has 31 levels (the last is actually a boss), comes with the usual trappings (blocks with special properties, power ups, power downs, etc), and has a pleasing sci-fi/techno theme.

It's free (ad supported, no IAP's), and like many, many clones of this kind, you'll even run into the occasional level where the blocks are arranged in the form of an 8-bit Mario, Pac-Man, Super Mushroom, etc. (although unlicensed appearances, I actually liked these levels most, because the blocks used more colors than the black & a couple shades of blue that all the other levels used). Oh, it has one music track, and I think it's ripped straight out of VVVVVV, though I could be wrong (It sounds familiar, though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic