Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 3,146

NintendoByNature

South Park Fractured But Whole for Switch- A direct sequel to stick of truth.

Let me start by saying I was never a turn based rpg guy, but I'm getting into it slowly and surely. I went into stick of truth with zero expectations since i haven't watched South Park religiously in nearly 20 years. Not to mention, the game is in a genre that im not fond of....yet. Stick of Truth was something I grabbed on a flyer during one of the winter sales for $15. So it was easy enough for me to take a chance on it. It blew my expectations completely away. It was an easy 8.5 or 9 for me, and a top game i played in 2019, no questions asked. Which is saying something considering it was a game out of my wheel house. Why do i bring up all of this? I thought we were talking about Fractured But Whole? Well....i didn't think I could love fractured but whole more than stick of truth, thats how much I loved the 1st entry. Low and behold. It was better than SoT on every level.

To go into detail about what the game is like.. you're still the new kid in South Park, but instead of dungeons and dragons themed characters, it's now gone for the super hero theme. And it works perfectly. You get to pick from different classes( or special powers), change your costume, build up your character sheet to make it more personal etc.

In typical South Park fashion, there is alot all of raunchy humor, and some questionable decisions you have to make that I won't get into (for spoiler sake), but in the end, it fixes all of that. The most i can say about the story line with out spoiling it, is that you're trying to find out why all the cats are going missing in South Park, and trying to get your hero team off the ground for movie adaptions and Netflix specials ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I know..its whacky but it's truly hilarious. Or I'm just a kid a heart lol.

As i said earlier, it topped SoT tenfold, and i highly recommend it to anyone interested in the series or the genre. You might be surprised. 9/10 for me.

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

@NintendoByNature I stopped playing Fractured But Whole when i was fighting the women at the strip club. I want to get back into it.

I'm not a turn based game player either. Did you get Mario+Rabbids? That was the first turn based game I played, and I really liked it.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NintendoByNature

@Woomy_NNYes it really picks up during that scene and afterwards. Shes also one of the best characters in the game ๐Ÿ˜‚.

I never played Mario + rabbids. But im considering it when it hits another sale.

NintendoByNature

urrutiap

I beat Marvel Ultimate Allliance 3 last week and Im replaying it now in Superior difficulty which is still pretty easy

urrutiap

Diddy64

After a few weeks, I beat Zelda BotW for the third or fourth time (one of those two ๐Ÿ˜‚). While at this point there's not much that I can say that haven't been said, I can definitely agree with others that each new playthrough is never the same. One thing that haven't changed for me, is that divine beast naboris is still the last that I clear ๐Ÿ˜‚

After defeating Calamity Ganon, I decided to obtain the rest of the DLC items (which I purchased 6 or so months ago), since I only got the Ancient Horse Gear and a little later the Travel Medallion. Got to say, most of them were enjoyable to find and obtain.

The only that I criticize to the DLC (items), is that one of the clues for the pieces of the Royal Guard costume give a very vague hint that said "in the second floor" (Hyrule Castle). I did obtain the piece, but by looking in the internet. Aside from that, I like most of the things in the DLC.

I like the fact that if one incinerate many chunks of wood in front of an npc, they run and in some cases, they froze and start to tremble in such a hilarious way XD. Don't worry, I only do this once per each new playthrough, to get a good laugh. Another thing that is funny, is that if one saves the same npc multiple times, they just give you a blue rupee, as if saying "you won't more rewards from me, you greedy bast#$%!" ๐Ÿ˜‚ (I don't know if that word is prohibited here, so I omitted the last three letters of that word just in case).

I guess that's all I can say after 2 years of having Zelda BotW. Perhaps the next new playthrough I will bring a monster to Zora's Domain to do a new funny thing

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

WoomyNNYes

@Diddy64 Just curious. Have you ever beaten all of Trial of the Sword? If I remember right, there are three sections, and I've only beat the first two.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NotTelevision

I didnโ€™t like Master Mode very much in BOTW because it makes certain enemies later in the game almost impossible to kill without breaking every weapon in your inventory.

But doing Eventide Island and the Master Sword trials on Master Mode is a straight up rush. I came out with a sliver of health in both cases, but there is a tremendous sense of accomplishment for taking the challenge.

NotTelevision

Wargoose

I recently finished Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami. Great games. Currently playing through life is strange 2, not enjoying it as much as the first game or before the storm.

Wargoose

Cissero

I recently finished Mutant year Zero - Road to Eden, despite the many negative reviews and I loved every minute of it to the point that I can't wait to right away blast through the DLC.

It's honestly an interesting story and has fun gameplay with interesting enemies introducing interesting tactics. The handheld graphics are horrific, but on the TV it looks pretty decent. I'd honestly give it: Visuals 6/10, Gameplay 8/10, Story 7/10. Overall score: 7/10

If you have any questions regarding this game on the Switch, feel free to ask anytime!

Edited on by Cissero

A proud Switch owner that's always working on the impossible mission of clearing his backlog.

Anti-Matter

I have finished the storyline of Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (PS3) just now. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I still have to collect more Zonis until 40 to beat Lord Vorselon.

Anti-Matter

Magician

Caladrius Blaze

A PS3/X360 port of an above-average vertical shump published by H2 Interactive. Good music, good gameplay, nice graphically. It isn't doing anything more than you'd expect in the genre. It's a step up from the mobile shmups that are flooding the eShop these days. I think a score of 7/10 feels right.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Diddy64

@Woomy_NNYes I have only beaten the first two sections in another memory (in the current one, just the first section because I wanted to continue the main game).

In that previous memory, I tried to beat the third section but died on the the last floor. If I'm not mistaken, I died because I use two ancient arrows instead of one, on one Guardian in the previous floor. Basically, I hit the Guardian in the eye while he was dormant and he resisted the hit, forcing me to use another arrow. I didn't know that they could resist if they were "sleeping". I was worry that he would kill me, so I used another one without hesitation.

I think in these days, I will try to clear it completely on my current playthrough. Hopefully I don't do any mistakes this time ๐Ÿ˜…

Undergoing games:

Diddy64

NotTelevision wrote:

I didnโ€™t like Master Mode very much in BOTW because it makes certain enemies later in the game almost impossible to kill without breaking every weapon in your inventory.

Tell me about it ๐Ÿ˜… Not to mention that some non-combat shrines had Guardian Scouts IV. I had to retreat from some shrines because of that. I still haven't clear Master Mode. I don't know if I should, considering that I am not someone that likes hard challenges.

Undergoing games:

NotTelevision

@Diddy64 Those Guardian Scouts are pretty tough. I always have some spare Thunderswords or lightning arrows available for those enemies, that way you can stunlock them till victory. Another option is just making a run to the next room and hope they donโ€™t tail you, but that doesnโ€™t always work.

NotTelevision

Diddy64

@NotTelevision I will try that when I play next time in Master Mode. By the way, in the game I have noted that the normal arrows stopped appearing once I purchase, and this happens with every shop. Is that because I have a lot of arrows? I always have 100 or more.

Undergoing games:

NotTelevision

@Diddy64 That happens at every shop. There are limited quantities of arrows you can buy, but they replenish later.

Iโ€™ve never tried warping out of a villiage and warping back in immediately though. Maybe they replenish as soon as you load out of the area. Worth a shot at least.

NotTelevision

Diddy64

Progress on Trial of the Sword:

So during the late hours of the night, I cleared the Middle Trials. I put on two extra stamina meters and three extra hearts (Because I passed all the shrines). Another thing that I did, is increase my attack power before trying the Middle Trials (Seems a bit exaggerated, right? ๐Ÿ˜…).

Thankfully I cleared without too much much trouble. Though I did nearly died because while carrying a bomb barrel to throw it to a Decayed Guardian, I accidentally touch one of those a skull torches and the barrel exploded ๐Ÿ˜… It was interesting that in this trial, they put the hardest things (imo) in the first two portions of Middle Trials, and then the last portion had challenge but not on the same level. Perhaps because I am used to fight those enemies a lot.

So anyway, soon I'm going to try the final trials of the Trial of the Sword. Hopefully I don't lose a ancient arrows like last time, which cost me dying on the last floor XD

Undergoing games:

Diddy64

@NotTelevision Actually, in my case they never appear again, even after 3 Blood Moons ๐Ÿ˜จ I will try to rewarp to see if that helps.

Undergoing games:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic