Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,033

Storytime7

^ Absolutely. ALBW was great, and the major new mechanic really added to the game.

Anyway, the most recent game I beat was Xenoblade Chronicles. By no means perfect, but it really deserves most of the praise it's gotten.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Knux

I completed Mega Man X with all of the Heart Tanks and upgrades. It should be a crime for a game to be this incredible!

Knux

RR529

Just completed the easiest run on Salvo Saga HD (Android).

It's a "Bullet H*ll/Curtain" Shump, with a control scheme & difficulty curve that works perfectly for the platform, and my goodness this game is surprisingly gorgeous. It uses some sort of neon type lighting, with abstract backgrounds that run with cultural themes (Japanese, Chinese, Egyptian, etc.), with the music & bosses fitting that level's theme as well (I particularly liked the Chinese dragon boss).

There are 10 levels in all, with an additional 23 difficulty levels to unlock as you replay through them (I've only beaten the initial difficulty, and am working on the second). enemies drop in-game currency that you can spend on upgrades to your ship (new parts & weapons), and you can also obtain these by hitting particularly good scores.

There are IAP's, but they are very unnecessary, and are tucked away in a shop (never once does a window pop up to prompt you to buy stuff). From what I've seen the IAP's consist of packs with various amounts of the in-game currency (but enemies drop loads of the stuff, so I have no idea who'd feel the need to pay for it), and extra bombs (a screen clearing special attack, and you get three free ones every day. I haven't had to use even one yet). I assume you could buy more lives as well, but again, the game is very generous with lives, so I don't get the need (you start out with five lives, and they only take a couple minutes to "recharge", rather than hours, and you can even spend in-game medals, of which I've already amassed 6, for extra lives).

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

GrumpyGoomba

Metal gear solid snake eater 3d - first time ever playing and I loved every minute this is just a great game even if you haven't played others and lots of little easter eggs
Luigi's mansion dark moon - never played the original but if this is a sign I really need to
Mario kart 8 - really fun just like always

GrumpyGoomba

RR529

Just finished up my annual replay of NightSky (3DS eShop). I always get the urge to play the game whenever October rolls around (the game has some sort of ambient "chill" to it, that reminds me of the coming of fall, I suppose).

Whatever the case, it's probably one of the more unique releases on the service, and I'd recommend it if you haven't downloaded it yet.

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

SkywardLink98

Thomas Was Alone.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Tasuki

Well part of my Retro Halloween gamefest I beat Castlevania Bloodlines on the the umm Genesis yeah well will go with that. In all seriously though I actually liked this game alot more then SCIV. One of the best Castlevania's in the series I just wish they would bring this one to the VC already.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

GTA V. Had nothing gaming-wise to do this year it seems, so I played this game from last year!

I've never beaten or even played that much of another GTA game tbh. But even with that, this feels like what GTA should be. Fun, shamelessly mainstream, and shamelessly hating everything else mainstream that isn't itself (and even that's arguable). Smart in its stupidity, controversial, and a satire of everything awful. Not my favorite game of all time or anything close, but it was exactly what it needed to be as far as I can tell, barring a few gameplay tweaks it needed...

Also, a reminder in an era where mainstream gaming is becoming annoyingly samey that shooty realistic games don't have to be boring.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

michaelencke

I was pretty excited to go through the whole Metroid series over the last few months. It was quite a lot of fun considering the only ones I played before were Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion. I also had a great time playing Nostalgia, a really fun and underrated game on the DS.

michaelencke

MrGameluvr

For me it would have to be Kirby Triple Deluxe. I did a 100% run through of it and it took FOREVER (fun though).

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Vee_Flames

Hmm.. been busy lately, to play much. I still have to play and complete about 4 Wii U games and several 3DS games. I really need to schedule game time. :/

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Faruko

Ace Attorney Dual Destinies

Working on Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Infamous Second Son & Styx Master of Shadows

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

GTA V. Had nothing gaming-wise to do this year it seems, so I played this game from last year!

I've never beaten or even played that much of another GTA game tbh. But even with that, this feels like what GTA should be. Fun, shamelessly mainstream, and shamelessly hating everything else mainstream that isn't itself (and even that's arguable). Smart in its stupidity, controversial, and a satire of everything awful. Not my favorite game of all time or anything close, but it was exactly what it needed to be as far as I can tell, barring a few gameplay tweaks it needed...

Also, a reminder in an era where mainstream gaming is becoming annoyingly samey that shooty realistic games don't have to be boring.

Good way to sum it up, especially that last part. It was definitely a fun romp without requiring a silly aesthetic. I'd kinda like more games like that someday.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

This is the best Zelda ever! I'll write more later.

Totally agree. The wall-melding mechanic adds a lot of depth to puzzles and exploration. The puzzles are much less tedious this time around. Being able to tackle the dungeons in any order makes the game feel more like an adventure and less like a scavenger hunt.

Zelda U is promising to be even more unconventional, which I am incredibly excited about.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

RR529

Well, I replayed Gunman Clive the other day twice (once with Clive & once with the woman), then I noticed I never completed my "Duck Mode" run, so I completed that today, so now I've beaten the game with all three characters.

Drawdler

Last game I finished was Skylanders: Trap Team. It was good, but definitely my least favourite Skylanders game. I've hardly replayed it.

I'm planning to replay Fire Emblem: Awakening next, maybe with Classic instead of Casual. I don't think it's the masterpiece some people make it out to be, but then again I'm not much of a tactics or RPG fan and still like it a lot...

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

MeWario

Super Guacamelee! Brilliant game one of my favourite games in years.

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

WaveBoy

Mega Man V for the GameBoy.
Pretty Solid, but I don't agree with the majority of praise this game gets. Best of the 5 GB games? I'd say so.....Better than 2,3 & 1 for the NES? not a chance in hell. The Black & White visuals suck the life out of the experience and the soundtrack is mostly forgettable outside a few tracks. I was also surprised that there was also only 1 Wily stage...

Call me crazy, but I feel that Wily's Revenge(MM1) has the most charm of the bunch.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

RR529

Woohoo, I just won the Super Bowl in my Madden NFL Mobile season!

The game is surprisingly robust for a "Free to Play" title, and I got to (and won) the Super Bowl without having to spend a cent, so it doesn't force you into paying for better players (though you can do so if you wish). The second season seems to be set at a higher difficulty, but I'm not quite sure just how much harder it'll be.

Anyhow, it's free, so if you're a football fan there's no reason not to try it out.

SkywardLink98

Just beat The Last of Us yesterday. Dang, that ending O_O

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic