Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 161 to 180 of 3,137

RR529

Just finished up my annual replay of NightSky (3DS eShop). I always get the urge to play the game whenever October rolls around (the game has some sort of ambient "chill" to it, that reminds me of the coming of fall, I suppose).

Whatever the case, it's probably one of the more unique releases on the service, and I'd recommend it if you haven't downloaded it yet.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SkywardLink98

Thomas Was Alone.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Tasuki

Well part of my Retro Halloween gamefest I beat Castlevania Bloodlines on the the umm Genesis yeah well will go with that. In all seriously though I actually liked this game alot more then SCIV. One of the best Castlevania's in the series I just wish they would bring this one to the VC already.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

GTA V. Had nothing gaming-wise to do this year it seems, so I played this game from last year!

I've never beaten or even played that much of another GTA game tbh. But even with that, this feels like what GTA should be. Fun, shamelessly mainstream, and shamelessly hating everything else mainstream that isn't itself (and even that's arguable). Smart in its stupidity, controversial, and a satire of everything awful. Not my favorite game of all time or anything close, but it was exactly what it needed to be as far as I can tell, barring a few gameplay tweaks it needed...

Also, a reminder in an era where mainstream gaming is becoming annoyingly samey that shooty realistic games don't have to be boring.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

michaelencke

I was pretty excited to go through the whole Metroid series over the last few months. It was quite a lot of fun considering the only ones I played before were Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion. I also had a great time playing Nostalgia, a really fun and underrated game on the DS.

michaelencke

MrGameluvr

For me it would have to be Kirby Triple Deluxe. I did a 100% run through of it and it took FOREVER (fun though).

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

veeflames

Hmm.. been busy lately, to play much. I still have to play and complete about 4 Wii U games and several 3DS games. I really need to schedule game time. :/

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Faruko

Ace Attorney Dual Destinies

Working on Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Infamous Second Son & Styx Master of Shadows

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

GTA V. Had nothing gaming-wise to do this year it seems, so I played this game from last year!

I've never beaten or even played that much of another GTA game tbh. But even with that, this feels like what GTA should be. Fun, shamelessly mainstream, and shamelessly hating everything else mainstream that isn't itself (and even that's arguable). Smart in its stupidity, controversial, and a satire of everything awful. Not my favorite game of all time or anything close, but it was exactly what it needed to be as far as I can tell, barring a few gameplay tweaks it needed...

Also, a reminder in an era where mainstream gaming is becoming annoyingly samey that shooty realistic games don't have to be boring.

Good way to sum it up, especially that last part. It was definitely a fun romp without requiring a silly aesthetic. I'd kinda like more games like that someday.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

This is the best Zelda ever! I'll write more later.

Totally agree. The wall-melding mechanic adds a lot of depth to puzzles and exploration. The puzzles are much less tedious this time around. Being able to tackle the dungeons in any order makes the game feel more like an adventure and less like a scavenger hunt.

Zelda U is promising to be even more unconventional, which I am incredibly excited about.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

RR529

Well, I replayed Gunman Clive the other day twice (once with Clive & once with the woman), then I noticed I never completed my "Duck Mode" run, so I completed that today, so now I've beaten the game with all three characters.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Drawdler

Last game I finished was Skylanders: Trap Team. It was good, but definitely my least favourite Skylanders game. I've hardly replayed it.

I'm planning to replay Fire Emblem: Awakening next, maybe with Classic instead of Casual. I don't think it's the masterpiece some people make it out to be, but then again I'm not much of a tactics or RPG fan and still like it a lot...

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

MeWario

Super Guacamelee! Brilliant game one of my favourite games in years.

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

RR529

Woohoo, I just won the Super Bowl in my Madden NFL Mobile season!

The game is surprisingly robust for a "Free to Play" title, and I got to (and won) the Super Bowl without having to spend a cent, so it doesn't force you into paying for better players (though you can do so if you wish). The second season seems to be set at a higher difficulty, but I'm not quite sure just how much harder it'll be.

Anyhow, it's free, so if you're a football fan there's no reason not to try it out.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SkywardLink98

Just beat The Last of Us yesterday. Dang, that ending O_O

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

veeflames

Beat Wind Waker HD two days ago. Now I have more games to concentrate on as well as after-game secrets in Wind Waker. Can't wait for the holidays to come over!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

LaserdiscGal

Just beat my Pokemon X wonderlocke.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

RevolverLink

Haunt the House: Terrortown, which was a delightful way to spend an hour of my Halloween. I also finally got Kid Icarus: Uprising out of my backlog (and I'm very close to doing the same with Fire Emblem Awakening).

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

RR529

Just completed Godzilla: Strike Zone (Android)!

Set in the world of the 2014 Godzilla film (it's an official release), you take on the role of a soldier sent in to Los Angeles to rescue civilians left stranded in the destruction. It's free, has top notch production values, and best of all, there's not a microtransaction in sight! That's right, this is a true FREE to play game, with nothing extra to purchase.

The catch? Well, the game only lasts 15 - 30 minutes. While it's short (essentially an ad for the movie), it features a complete adventure in that short time.

It features three levels (labeled missions). The first one has you parachuting into the city (in a 3rd person view), using the gyro sensors to guide yourself safely past all the falling debris. The other two opt for a first person perspective, and it's a first person platformer of sorts. These levels are linear, and have you making your way to trapped civilians that need rescuing. To do so, you'll need to avoid falling debris (such as a sudden upheaval sending a car tumbling your way), safely walk across steel beams over fire (or other dangerous terrain), and complete light puzzle elements with your gun (which usually amount to shooting something explosive to clear or create rubble, allowing you to progress).

I won't spoil the ending, but I will say it does provide a definite conclusion to your short adventure, and I wish more FTP games took this route.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

I just finished The Wolf Among Us on PS4

I have been a fan of the Telltale games since I played The Walking Dead and I have to say this game did not disappoint, in fact I enjoyed it alot more then TWD. If you like mystery detective type novels or games like Phoenix Wright then I highly suggest checking The Wolf Among Us out.

In case you don't know much of the game the game is a prequel to a comic series know as Fables which is about fairytale characters that live in the real world, New York City to be exact. They are never seen by normal humans (or mundies as they call them) due to magic in place. Any way you play Bigby which is the Big Bad Wolf from stories such as Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs who is Sheriff of the Fable town, and you are investigating the first major murder in the towns history. Its a point and click adventure like Telltales other games (The Walking Dead, Back to the Future) with a great story.Depending on how you answer things and the things you choose have an effect to the outcome of the game which does offer alot of replayability.

I enjoyed it so much that now I am tempted to track down the comics.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic