Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,306

NintendoByNature

@AlohaPizzaJack yea for sure. This time around I'll grab more masks. The first time I played thru MM I didn't grab everything as I was just trying to finish the game and main story. I think its the only zelda I've played that I've only beaten once. Honestly, its not my favorite zelda game but enough time has passed that I can give it another go.

NintendoByNature

klingki

Not a massive achievement or anything, but this weekend I beat Abzu and Firewatch (both of which I recently picked up on sale). They were both good, though I liked Firewatch much more than Abzu. I think I'm also pretty close to the end of Donut County.

klingki

BlueOcean

@nintendobynature If you can, play the 3DS version which is nicer and has more content. The side quests are primordial in this game and give a deeper meaning to the main story. Majora's Mask is the game with the best side quests that I've ever played and, ironically, it's a game that you shouldn't rush through. One of my favourite games ever. A Link Between Worlds is very nice too, no objections!

I beat Xenoblade Chronicles X recently and it was a very pleasant surprise for me because Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) is so tiresome and bloated that I almost gave it up. Xenoblade Chronicles X is flawed (soundtrack, font size...) but the developers basically fixed everything I hated about the first one. In the beginning I thought that the first one had a better story and it's really touching but now I think that the story of X fits the game perfectly and I like both stories for different reasons. Actually, I prefer the characters of X, not to mention that everything except the story is objectively better in this sequel. X is one of those round RPGs that you don't see very often, big but fun to play, and I still play it because it's wonderful and I feel motivated to get all the optional stuff done.

After this I beat Deus Ex Human Revolution, also on Wii U, it's not bad but the technical issues and frame rate break it somehow for me so I didn't like it very much. I mean, it's blurry and the frame rate gave me the headaches.

Finally, I played Tokyo Mirage Sessions. In the beginning I thought "What a rubbish Japanese nonsense" but after a little while I started loving the characters (especially Itsuki, Touma and Kiria), enjoying the side quests and some songs. Funny that the best singer (Touma) just sings a little bit but Kiria is not bad. I wanted Barry to join the cast but instead we got yet another cute girl. Cutesy overload.

The way you upgrade weapons and skills is good, the Fire Emblem characters are important if a bit in the background. I had played Awakening and it was nice seeing some of the characters appearing (in a special form) in the game. The story is not the best ever but the writing is awesome and somehow it touched me when I read bits I relate to (including one side story). It is very well written. Overall, I liked the game! I had read that it is special, weird and only enjoyable if you are into the kind of thing it does (the theme) but I think that the gameplay is quite enjoyable anyway and the story doesn't bother at all so I would give it a general recommendation. I had also read that the visuals are not good, I don't agree, the dungeons are simple in graphic design and at the same time some of them are really annoying (this is my biggest complaint) but the characters, animation and overworld are really nice. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is not a masterpiece but it's a very enjoyable game.

So yeah these are the three big games I've played recently. I also play and enjoy Sea of Thieves but it doesn't have an end so...

BlueOcean

NintendoByNature

@BlueOcean thanks my friend. Yea I have both majoras mask 3d and the n64 version on Wii u. Not sure which one I'll play honestly. I did however beat the 3ds version but I'm tempted to beat it on the big screen. I might hold off and clear out some of these other games I'm working on. Not to mention, I never got to finish spirit tracks since my digital copy of it on wii u froze and I never saved in game to start from a close point in the game before it freezes. So basically I have to start all over. I also have yoshis crafted world and darksiders coming in the next week and a half. Plus cuphead comes out in a few weeks! Man I have to knock some of these off my list before I dabble back into MM lol. Guess I spoke before I thought about it 😂

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

BlueOcean

@nintendobynature Ha ha! Don't worry, we all have a backlog. Whenever you play it stay focus so play whatever you want now. In the 3DS version it's easier to keep track of the side stories and it has fishing and new bosses!

Part of my backlog is Final Fantasy, I've played some but not all and now with SNES Classic and Xbox One (Switch is getting most of the Final Fantasy games available on Xbox One, which is nice) I can play the others. I also have the Assassin's Creed games to play, Odyssey in particular looks amazing.

BlueOcean

Tyranexx

@BlueOcean: Oooh, Final Fantasy! I have VI backlogged (SNES Classic) and intend for it to be my first game in the mainline series, but then there are all the others coming to the Switch....The Switch will become my de facto JRPG machine once I finally get through most of my 3DS backlog. XD

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

SamusLv7

@NintendoByNature That means you have obtained (in the 3DS version) the pieces of hearts that are on the moon, right? In the N64 version, the moon's piece of heart that requires using the Goron Mask is the hardest level of this game version. Not to mention that if you want to have the Fierce Deity Mask, you have to pass at least half of that level. Keep in mind this if you attempt to beat the game in 100% in the N64 version.

Now playing:
Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default.

NintendoByNature

@SamusLv7 I never got any of the side quest masks in the 3ds version except 1 or 2. Next time I open it up I'll let you know what i had.

NintendoByNature

SamusLv7

@NintendoByNature I see. Sorry if I accidentally spoiled some of game. It wasn't my intention
I thought that the previous information I mentioned, was things you were well aware of.

Now playing:

NintendoByNature

@SamusLv7 not at all my man! I was just saying i played the main story and didn't stray much from it. No worries! 😆

NintendoByNature

SamusLv7

@NintendoByNature Oh I see. That's good to hear. I don't like to be the guy that spoil games.

Now playing:

redd214

Finally beat the New Super Luigi U campaign. Still have to go back for some levels and Star coins but I'm done lol. Was a pain in some parts but offered a good challenge and remix to the Mario formula.

Also beat the main campaign in Division 2. Still going to be playing for probably 100s of hours but good to get thru the main story.

redd214

NintendoByNature

@redd214 I still need to go back and play Luigi u.. Only went thru the 1st few levels then I started playing something else 😋

NintendoByNature

BlueOcean

NintendoByNature wrote:

@redd214 I still need to go back and play Luigi u.. Only went thru the 1st few levels then I started playing something else 😋

Same here. I played New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) recently and got 100% for the second time (first time was on release date). This is the best "New" game in the series, no doubt. Then I started playing New Super Luigi U (for the first time) but I just played a few levels. I don't think that I'm going to love it but the different physics and level design is a good alternative for some people, I guess.

@Tyranexx I played VII on PC back in the day but couldn't complete it. Then I played IV on DS and now I am collecting all the Final Fantasy games on Xbox One with the older ones on 3DS/DS/GBA and SNES Classic. I really like the SNES Classic and I've beaten some games 100% (once again), like Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country... I even liked Star Fox and Star Fox 2 in spite of the graphics and slow-motion. I love the controller, the menu and the save and rewind features.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

NintendoByNature

@BlueOcean yea that's why I'll play it. Just to get a different perspective or way of play from the regular smb games

NintendoByNature

SamusLv7

BlueOcean wrote:

I really like the SNES Classic and I've beaten some games 100% (once again), like Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country... I even liked Star Fox and Star Fox 2 in spite of the graphics and slow-motion. I love the controller, the menu and the save and rewind features.

@BlueOcean That reminds me that I haven't cleared my 3DS's DKC and DKC2 in 101% and 102%, which is more easy now thanks to the Restore Point feature. I have beaten both but haven't achieved all percent completion.

Now playing:

Tyranexx

@BlueOcean: I haven't properly dug into my SNES Classic yet but plan to before long; the only reason I bought one before I really wanted it was because it was starting to become scarce over here. I luckily bought it at its MSRP; it retails for higher than that now.

I bought it primarily for nostalgia purposes, but I did a count and realized that I've only played 7 of the games that shipped with the system. ... Technically 8 if you count Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting as I know I've played some version of SFII...just not that one.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

BlueOcean

@SamusLv7 Donkey Kong Country trilogy is amazing, they are among my favourite games ever. Ha, yeah, 100% was 101, 102, 103 indeed... It was funny at the time, now many games seem to do that. I always played DKC2 and wasn't happy until I got 102% but that games is so good that it's never a chore. I think that the most difficult is 3 because of a few levels but I can get everything in the first two without restore points but just because I've played them many times. It's nice to have them on New 3DS, too. New 3DS is such a wonderful thing.

Your profile picture just reminded me that I also played Super Metroid 100% for the first time on SNES Classic, using a guide, and I have to say that the atmosphere, sound and level design impressed me much. The first Metroid I played was Prime which I also loved but Super Metroid is a 2D masterpiece.

@Tyranexx Star Fox 2 is a good deal as brand-new release but also Yoshi's Island as it is the first re-release ever (ignoring the GBA version which has serious downgrades). Some of the other games are also a big thing although some really important games are officially not included, even first-party (Super Mario All Stars).

BlueOcean

GlacierAC

I went back to my Wii U about a month ago. I decided to dedicate that time to 100% Super Mario 3D World. Other than that, I've been working on Super Mario Odyssey and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on Switch.

GlacierAC

BlueOcean

@GlacierAC I also want to play Super Mario 3D World again, I played it once but didn't go for 100% at the time. Same for Yoshi's Woolly World (even though I got the Yoshi amiibos).

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic