Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,306

Jimez

Last game i finished was Skyrim Special Edition on the PS4. Have been playing the original Skyrim on/off from 2011 until the SE arrived in 2016, then it's been on/off since then.

Jimez

RazorWind

Deltarune: I'm still as confused as when I started.
Cattails: Finished the main questline, now I'm unlocking the rest of the fur patterns.

Edited on by RazorWind

RazorWind

zionich

Finished Octopath Traveler. That final boss is no joke.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Venus_Adept

Bayonetta 2 and before it NSMBUD.

Venus_Adept

NintendoByNature

@Venus_Adept I'm playing thru bayo 2 myself. It's so addicting I can't put it down! I beat nsmbu deluxe back In January. Both great games. Once I'm thru bayo 2 I'm giving 1 a shot. This is my first experience with the bayonetta series and I cant believe how much I'm loving it. Kicking myself now for passing it by earlier

NintendoByNature

Venus_Adept

@nintendobynature Im not a hack n slash fan and i started bayonetta 1 with few expectations, but now im a sucker of the game. After beaten 1 bougth 2 and it was even better. When a game change your mind about a genre is because is a splendid game and Bayonetta did that for me. Now im looking forward to Astral Chains.

Venus_Adept

NintendoByNature

@Venus_Adept funny you mention that. I'm not a hack n slash guy either. The only reason I bought it 2 weeks ago was because I saw how great astral chain looked and i figured i should check it out since I'm buying astral chain day 1. So glad I made the purchase.

NintendoByNature

Venus_Adept

@nintendobynature Totally understand you. I bet a lot of people will buy bayonetta after play Astral Chain, you were smarter and acted just in time. Glad you enjoyed Bayonetta like me.
Pd and thanks for tolerate my english .

Edited on by Venus_Adept

Venus_Adept

Venus_Adept

@nintendobynature Glad to hear that. I wanna practice my english and talking with the people of NintendoLife about topics i like is for sure the best way i can do that. So, thanks a lot folk.

Venus_Adept

Venus_Adept

People in NintendoLife are very kind but for this time im going to believe you guys and feel proud of my english if someone conplains about it in the future i will say "You are wrong, my english is good, @nintendobynature and @Blitzenexx says that" 😁

Venus_Adept

NintendoByNature

@Venus_Adept quote Me on that! No one takes stuff extremely seriously around here so I think you'll be ok. It's a gaming fan site after all. If anyone says anything, just be honest and tell them the truth that English isn't your first language. They'll understand 😊

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@Venus_Adept I find that the people most likely to insult someone because of their language skills are the people who have never even tried to learn a second language. You should be very proud of yourself.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Ralizah

Completed Zero Tolerance on the Sega Genesis (I'll be playing a lot of Genesis games these next few months, because 8bitdo's M30 controller, fashioned after a Saturn controller, is so brilliant that I don't want to stop using it!). That makes it the eighth game I've completed in 2019. Anyway, the game is a sort of a Wolfenstein clone from 1994 where you select from a few different playable characters to help stop an alien invasion of Earth. It plays about as well as other shooters from that generation: there's no real aiming involved, and you'll hit your mark so long as you're facing the right direction. Given that this was an early console FPS, your character is unwieldy and controls like a tank, with movement being heavily momentum-based and there being a complete lack of diagonal movement or strafing. This focus on momentum kind of breaks down when enemies attack you, because a bite from even the smallest alien will send your character flying backwards across the room you're in, and making it difficult to effectively retaliate.

The game takes places across 40 increasingly sprawling, maze-like levels, starting on an alien-infested spaceship and then transitioning to battles in a building on an alien-invaded Earth. With a variety of gameplay elements, such as fires that block paths and can be extinguished with fire extinguishers, optional night-vision scopes and life form scanners that you can use to hunt down enemies, it seems like there's a lot of space for creativity here, but the game neglects to take advantage of its design elements in novel ways. It would have been cool, for example, to allow the player to use the TNT in this game to demolish specific walls in a given level and create shortcuts, but instead they're relegated to damaging enemies, and they take so long to activate that they're pointless next to even the weakest in-game guns.

The game has a focus on hunting down and killing every enemy in the game: it will tell you how many enemies there are on a given level in the on-screen HUD and, upon completely eradicating all of them, you're given a password in the start screen, presumably from which you can pick the game back up later. It's an unnecessary if you're not going for 100% completion (the game doesn't seem to reward you at all for doing this) or don't care to use a password in a given zone, and, to be honest, in the late game's often labyrinthine map, I simply opted to bypass most of the enemies and gun for the exit.

Death is handled in an interesting way in this game. If your character dies, he stays dead permanently, and you're tasked with selecting another one of the playable characters to continue the quest. If all of the characters are killed, then it's game over.

It's not terrible for an incredibly old console FPS if you keep the technical limitations in mind. Draw distance is so poor that you often can't clearly see enemies until they're right on top of you (thankfully, they'll appear on your bio-scanner when they get close, and you'll often notice them there long before you can visibly distinguish them from the pixelated backgrounds). The framerate is low to begin with (seems well below 30 in-game, from what I can tell) and only gets worse as multiple enemies crowd the screen, often turning the game into a kind of slideshow. There's also no real creativity to the campaign, and enemy variety is largely aesthetic in nature. The chiptune soundtrack is infectious, though, and I felt compelled to keep coming back and shoot more aliens.

4/10

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

Just finished bayonetta 2 for the first time. First in general in regards to the series. I can't believe I slept on this series. It was such a great game i can't wait to start bayonetta 1

NintendoByNature

D3adPool

Most recently I finished God of War. It was pretty good, but not quite as great as some make it out to be. I played Red Dead Redemption 2 right before that, and in my opinion that’s a much better game.

Right now I’m just playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online. There’s a pretty good eShop sale and I’m probably going to get Starlink (on sale for $30 digitally), Mario Rabbids (on sale for $20 digitally), and South Park: The Stick of Truth (on sale for $15 digitally). Unfortunately I broke my memory card by keeping it in my phone case (long story) so I can’t store many games until I get a new one.

D3adPool

Ralizah

@D3adPool Mario + Rabbids is probably my favorite exclusive on the system. I was shocked by how good it was. $20 is highway robbery.

Ralizah

Venus_Adept

@Ralizah i'm looking forward to Mario+Rabbid i know i will love it and seeing your words entrust me even more to get it.

Venus_Adept

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic