Forums

Topic: Games You Feel are Overrated

Posts 501 to 504 of 504

8-Bit_Superman

@LuckyLand I'm the opposite, I couldn't get into Galaxy at all. I tried Galaxy for a couple hours, then later tried Galaxy 2 thinking I was missing something but I just couldn't do it. The whole micro planet gravity thing was awful. I've never had less fun just moving a character around, and in turn I couldn't bring myself to keep playing.

Signatures are for Jerks

Switch Friend Code: SW-6759-7977-8362 | My Nintendo: owendershot | Nintendo Network ID: Hendershot

subpopz

@8-Bit_Superman I feel the same way about Galaxy. I've given it more than a fair chance, trying it multiple times over the years and I've really tried to like it, but I just can't. After a couple hours with it, I'm just done with it.

Switch - Octopath Traveler, SNK Heroines, NES Online
3DS -
PC - Transformers: Devastation, Killer Instinct

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Tiefseemiez

This is not a reaaaally popular game, but I see it recommended a lot, especially on top lists. It even was added on the last Alex made on the Youtube channel:
Ironcast
I do not think this is a bad game. The combination of match-3, a little bit more strategy and the dieselpunk-aestethics was appealing to me and combined with the great reviews made me buy the game.
In the end it was a disappointment though.
The strategic elements got kind of ruined by luck and the unforgiving permadeath.
The storytelling was really superfluous and boring and could have been so much more interesting and deep. Also the game had really little content. If it weren't for the permadeath-system and the spicy difficulty, it would have lasted maybe 1 hour.
After all it was still an alright game, addicting and with an original premise.
I would see it as a 6/10, probably. But I don't get how it got so much praise (80% metascore; on here it got a 9/10). Somehow I always had the feeling that I was missing a significant part of the game that made it so great.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

LuckyLand

I really dislike the last two worlds of Tropical freeze, I feel like DKTF is overrated because of those. Overall it is not as great and fantastic as Country returns is imo (another reason why it is overrated: many people say it is better), but it is still a very good game, and the ability to swim is a big plus that unfortunately was missing in the previous game, but the last two worlds really ruin it for me, almost completely. I just don't like the setting, it is not that they are less fun gameplay wise, they just are boring and unpleasant to look at but this is enough to ruin the experience for me.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic