General Discussion Forum

Topic: Games that you don't like that people like

Showing 61 to 73 of 73

AuthorMessage
Avatar

May_Nyan

61. Posted:

I don't like multiplayer in shooters, like in Metroid Prime: Hunters and Kid Icarus Uprising.

I actually like Steel Diver: Sub Wars though ... the slower pace and team work helps.

May_Nyan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maelstrom

62. Posted:

epicdude12302 wrote:

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (despite the coin element, there was nothing really "new" about this game!)

That is a popular opinion. It just doesn't add enough "NEW" stuff.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: The Visitor (BD), Final Battle (Sacred Stones), and An Earnest Desire of Grey.
In progress: Songs from Umineko

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

steamhare

63. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

epicdude12302 wrote:

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (despite the coin element, there was nothing really "new" about this game!)

That is a popular opinion. It just doesn't add enough "NEW" stuff.

I felt it was a step back from new super mario bros wii, and two steps back from new super mario bros U.

It also seems to be the source of a lot of negative feelings about the New series; even if I liked playing it, it could have been so much more.

steamhare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JaxonH

64. Posted:

I know games people DON'T like that I do.

New Super Mario Bros U. I absolutely adored it- despite all the hate the series gets I thought it was the finest 2D Mario ever released. And I enjoyed all the others as well. My least favorite was NSMB2, but a bad New Super Mario Bros game is still a good game, so...

Metroid Other M. I thought it was one of the best games on the Wii. Not THE best, because I thought the switching to 1st person was clunky and I hated the sideways Wiimote control scheme, but other than that I loved it. In fact, the story was one of the defining features for me. Not the most popular of opinions, I know. But hey, it is what it is. I thought it was a great game.

Call of Duty. The most hated video game franchise of all time. And I love it. Not big on the multiplayer, but the campaigns are bliss.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. People usually dismiss it without ever trying it or try it and dismiss it within the first couple hours. But it's quite possibly the best video game ever conceived. As in, like, EVER. I would rate MH3U as perhaps my favorite video game of all time. People always talk about Dark Souls and being hardcore gamers for playing it. Forget Dark Souls. MONSTER HUNTER is where it's at.

Those are but a few of the "everybody and their mother hates it but I love it" games.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
3DS: Super Smash Bros (Unlimited Demo).........Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
WII U: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate..........Rayman Legends
VITA: Rayman Origins..........Final Fantasy X-2
PS4: Diablo 3..........Infamous First Light
X1: nothing
Wii: Zelda Skyward Sword

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Einherjar

65. Posted:

Well, for me its pretty much every major AAA title and also genre out there at the moment. Be it sports games like Fifa, the countless military shooters like Battlefield and Call of Duty, Ubisofts ongoing snore fest that is Assassins Creed (and even Watch_Dogs does in no way look appealing to me) or the general "western open world RPG" games, that all try to innovate by doing the exact same over and over again.
All these Titles sell like hot buns and i have no idea why. I can respect that people like them, to each his own, and i have a pretty weird taste in games also, but i simply dont understand the ridiculous amount of hype going on with these titles / franchises.
Repetition and lack of innovation are two of the most common buzzwords when it comes to downmouthing games these days and yet get away with it without a scratch by doing literally nothing between installments.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shane76

66. Posted:

GTA all of them. The premise does not interest me at all.

Shane76

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jollykarp

67. Posted:

The Sonic Adventure series. I swear, the only time when the camera worked was in the high speed sequences when you're not supposed to push buttons.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DiscoDriver43

68. Posted:

Untitled This game is soo outdated it is not all that fun. Never understood the popularity. even in the 5th gen, there were far better racing games and kart racers such as Crash Team Racing, Speed Punks, Mickey Mouse Speedway USA, etc. Such a disappointment.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Chun Li is a cute character for an interpol officer.

I like the movie Independance Day because of Will Smith.

Titanic was a pretty sad movie.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

69. Posted:

Super Mario Land 2.

The stage design was piss poor by mario standards. It was as if nintendo hired a group of drunk monkeys to design the level layout, then when the monkeys were finished & fell asleep, miyamoto stepped in a designed Wario's Castle. The only stage where it actually felt reminiscent of a super mario stage with solid level design structure and actual challenge. this game is painfully easy otherwise. You can almost effortlessly blaze through most of the stages if you truly wanted to. This game also suffers from kitchen sink level design. :P

I know i'm in the minority but i enjoyed the first SML a lot more.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dezzy

70. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

epicdude12302 wrote:

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (despite the coin element, there was nothing really "new" about this game!)

That is a popular opinion. It just doesn't add enough "NEW" stuff.

Yeah, lots of people disliked that game. I remember one youtube reviewer naming it as his worst game of 2012 (or was it 2013).
I actually quite liked the game (that's probably a more unpopular opinion). The coin obsession was completely meaningless but except for that I thought it was just as good as the other "new" marios. I don't really think any of them have done anything 'new' really but that's fine with me. They're all just slightly worse versions of Super Mario World.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eviLaTtenDant

71. Posted:

@WaveBoy">@WaveBoy wrote:

Super Mario Land 2.

The stage design was piss poor by mario standards. It was as if nintendo hired a group of drunk monkeys to design the level layout, then when the monkeys were finished & fell asleep, miyamoto stepped in a designed Wario's Castle. The only stage where it actually felt reminiscent of a super mario stage with solid level design structure
I know i'm in the minority but i enjoyed the first SML a lot more.

I have to agree here. SML2 really didn't feel like much of a Mario game to me.
The original Super Mario Land wasn't anywhere near the NES games or World either but yes, i liked it more than SML2 too.

Edited on by eviLaTtenDant

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

72. Posted:

Steam World Dig- Never understood the point of this game. You always keep digging underground to get back up and to make even more progress. I don't know if I'm playing the game right but as far as the main game goes, all I did was digging all the way down to the final, beaten the game once and that's that. Its nothing metroidvania as far as I've played.......

Gunman Clive- I never got the point of this game. Its not really that great as what most people think it is. It does have some replay value but ducks? sound effects not sounding like west and most importantly, lack of charm?

Paper Mario Sticker Star- before you say anything, let me say that I am a HUGE MARIO FAN!!!!!!!!!! The only Mario games that I don't play/get is the Kart, Party, olympic series and the sports series because those are soley focused more on multiplayer, although I did play Double Dash and I can say that its my favorite racing game ever.

But even you have to be open minded that Sticker Star isn't the best Paper Mario game ever made, PERIOD! All you do in the game is to get specific stickers and that if you used the wrong sticker, you lose it for good forcing you to grind all the money to get it again. Its rules are nearly broken and even if the game doesn't have challenge( that's fine because a lot of games don't have challenge and they are still great games!) it still doesn't feel like a game you'd want to play for hours. One good thing I can say is that the game has the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a paper mario game and the visuals atleast aren't too disappointing. But other than that, no. I could say not to get this game, but the fact that a lot actually like this game(Especially IGN!!?!?!?)
I'd say its either a hit or a miss.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maelstrom

73. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

But even you have to be open minded that Sticker Star isn't the best Paper Mario game ever made, PERIOD! All you do in the game is to get specific stickers and that if you used the wrong sticker, you lose it for good forcing you to grind all the money to get it again. Its rules are nearly broken and even if the game doesn't have challenge( that's fine because a lot of games don't have challenge and they are still great games!) it still doesn't feel like a game you'd want to play for hours. One good thing I can say is that the game has the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a paper mario game and the visuals atleast aren't too disappointing. But other than that, no. I could say not to get this game, but the fact that a lot actually like this game(Especially IGN!!?!?!?)
I'd say its either a hit or a miss.

I'd say most people dislike this game. It's nowhere near the quality of any of the other series

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: The Visitor (BD), Final Battle (Sacred Stones), and An Earnest Desire of Grey.
In progress: Songs from Umineko

Nintendo Network ID: aginor