General Discussion Forum

Topic: Games that you don't like that people like

Showing 41 to 60 of 73

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RedYoshi999

41. Posted:

A Link to the Past
Skyward Sword
Smash Bros 64
Smash Bros Melee
Mario Kart Double Dash

I didn't own a GameCube, so after playing the Wii iterations of Smash Bros and Mario Kart, it felt incredibly lacking to go back to Melee and Double Dash. I also didn't play SSB64 until the VC release, and disliked it for the same reason. Skyward Sword I tried to love, but I never got into it and found it really disappointing. Link to the Past I bought because of the hype, and I'm sorry but I just hated it.

Wii FC: 8618 6010 9640 8956

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenjoe64

42. Posted:

Final Fantasy 7 - I fell for the hype and was shocked that so many people were buying it. I was a geeky enough gamer to tackle a JRPG but most of the people buying it were more into FIFA, ISS and Actua Soccer than proper games. Everyone I knew bought it and nobody played it beyond the first disc. Not sure where the love for it comes from. I'd rather play any of the other SNES Square RPGs than FF7. The FMV loading made the game unplayable to me.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iKhan

43. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Ooh, I forgot, any Sonic game. I just never saw the appeal of a game where you have to race to the finish as fast as possible within a platformer.

That is the only point of a platformer. If you are not playing it as fast as possible you are not playing it right. (Anything that interferes with that like collectables shouldn't be in at all).

I've never been interested in that aspect of a platformer. For me I go to platformers for the combination of platforming challenge, exploration, and occasionally combat. That's part of why I consider 3D Platformers infinitely better than 2D ones (with the exception of Kirby, who is all about the combat).

And really, it just never looked interesting to me.

Nintendo is pulling miracles out of their a$$es this e3- Retro_on_theGo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dezzy

44. Posted:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

Final Fantasy 7 - I fell for the hype and was shocked that so many people were buying it. I was a geeky enough gamer to tackle a JRPG but most of the people buying it were more into FIFA, ISS and Actua Soccer than proper games. Everyone I knew bought it and nobody played it beyond the first disc. Not sure where the love for it comes from. I'd rather play any of the other SNES Square RPGs than FF7. The FMV loading made the game unplayable to me.

If you look at the sales figures, it doesn't seem to be true that most people didn't like it. FF6 sold about 3.5 million. FF7 sold about 10 million. Then FF8 sold about 8 million. If you assume that's more or less the same audience, then the majority of people who were reeled in by the phenomena that was FF7 liked it enough to stick around for FF8.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

45. Posted:

iKhan wrote:

Ooh, I forgot, any Sonic game. I just never saw the appeal of a game where you have to race to the finish as fast as possible within a platformer.

Actually, a good Sonic game is one that lets you set the pace. I like Sonic because it's easy to go fast if I want to, but also just as easy to take my time. The only thing you lose is a little score. Honestly, I think Mario games rush you more than Sonic.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

46. Posted:

Dezzy wrote:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

Final Fantasy 7 - I fell for the hype and was shocked that so many people were buying it. I was a geeky enough gamer to tackle a JRPG but most of the people buying it were more into FIFA, ISS and Actua Soccer than proper games. Everyone I knew bought it and nobody played it beyond the first disc. Not sure where the love for it comes from. I'd rather play any of the other SNES Square RPGs than FF7. The FMV loading made the game unplayable to me.

If you look at the sales figures, it doesn't seem to be true that most people didn't like it. FF6 sold about 3.5 million. FF7 sold about 10 million. Then FF8 sold about 8 million. If you assume that's more or less the same audience, then the majority of people who were reeled in by the phenomena that was FF7 liked it enough to stick around for FF8.

Plain and simple it was Sony's and Square's Marketing of the game that did the job. Before FF VII not to many JRPGs were advertised really well like FF VII was. The fact that it was one of Sony's big titles for the PS made them put alot into advertising it so that way they could sell more Playstations then N64 or Sega Saturns. That alone created the hype and introduced alot of people who IMO probably wouldn't have even bothered with it if the advertising wasn't there.

That fact alone is why so many people say this is the best Final Fantasy cause most of them have never played a FF before this one and had nothing to compare it too. After seeing all the advances that FFVII and then going back to play the older FF games well its hard to appreciate the older stuff when your first was the modern stuff. Basically try appreciating how VHS looks after being introduced to Blueray first.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

47. Posted:

Rayman Origins
Super Mario Galaxy - ( the snail trudging controls and gravity based physics + planet hopping ruined it for me)
Okami
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2
GunStar Heroes - (I can't stand this one,especially coming from the brilliant Contra Hardcorps. Gunstar was a snore)
Mega Man 10
Life Force (NES)
Mario Kart 64
Donkey Kong Country
Earthworm Jim
Kirby's Adventure
Super Starwars
Street Fighter II (I am sick and tired of the street fighter games. please, go away....except SFIII. ;) )
Legend of Mystical Ninja
Diddy Kong Racing

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

48. Posted:

Any version of Smash Bros and the Bioshock series

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

49. Posted:

I respect BioShock, but I don't exactly find them to be fun games...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

50. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I respect BioShock, but I don't exactly find them to be fun games...

I appreciate the setting, which was absolutely refreshing during the time, in the midst of all of those familiar bleek & war heavy shooters that soaked up the PS3 & XBOX 360. It's beautiful, no doubt. has an interesting plot, it sounds great(ect ect) but ultimately i found the combat to be unsatisfying....Would of liked to see some sort of deflect/defense mechanic integrated instead of constantly having to move back every time one of those loony bins would jump at you while swinging a wrench. Ultimately i just wasn't really having that much fun with it, which is why I quit after putting in over 3 hours.

But i appreciate it and respect it for what it is, at least based on what i played....BioShock Infiite looks pretty awesom though.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

51. Posted:

Gameplay-wise, Infinite was an improvement, but I still didn't find it fun.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

52. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Gameplay-wise, Infinite was an improvement, but I still didn't find it fun.

And ZombiU? :P

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

53. Posted:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Wait a minute...haven't we already had plenty of threads like this?
Why does Nintendo Life keep these? It only brings negativity, and meaningless arguments that are mostly supported by opinions only.

Have you ever considered...you know, ignoring these threads and not reading them because you don't have to read them. Mindblowing idea i know

And no one has to play Call of Duty, but everyone ridicules it.
Just the fact that meaningless negativity lurks around this site, makes me want to leave this site even more, and hopefully I'm not alone.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

54. Posted:

Eh... for me I'd have to say Sonic the Hedgehog... I really don't like the characters at all, and... that kinda takes away from it. That and the hardcore fanbase is one of the weirdest in existence I think, and I can't help but think of that when I play Sonic and it also begins to ruin it for me, unfortunately... ._.;

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

55. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Gameplay-wise, Infinite was an improvement, but I still didn't find it fun.

And ZombiU? :P

Hm? ZombiU was a Survival Horror games. They're designed specifically to not be fun via typical means.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

56. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Wait a minute...haven't we already had plenty of threads like this?
Why does Nintendo Life keep these? It only brings negativity, and meaningless arguments that are mostly supported by opinions only.

Have you ever considered...you know, ignoring these threads and not reading them because you don't have to read them. Mindblowing idea i know

And no one has to play Call of Duty, but everyone ridicules it.
Just the fact that meaningless negativity lurks around this site, makes me want to leave this site even more, and hopefully I'm not alone.

Actually, DiscoDriver's right. If you don't like it, ignore it. It's an internet forum. Ignoring the things you don't like isn't that hard.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

57. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Gameplay-wise, Infinite was an improvement, but I still didn't find it fun.

And ZombiU? :P

Hm? ZombiU was a Survival Horror games. They're designed specifically to not be fun via typical means.

Really? The parts of Dead Space that I played I enjoyed like I would a normal game.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"This is your last dance!"- Inigo

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

58. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Gameplay-wise, Infinite was an improvement, but I still didn't find it fun.

And ZombiU? :P

Hm? ZombiU was a Survival Horror games. They're designed specifically to not be fun via typical means.

Really? The parts of Dead Space that I played I enjoyed like I would a normal game.

Dead Space wasn't real Survival Horror. :P It's a Third Person Shooter with horror elements, much like Resident Evil 4 and 5.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralek85

59. Posted:

(If Sony games count ..) The Last of Us. Artifically limiting the times I can pull of sneaky backstabbing attacks by limiting sneaky backstabbing attack "ammo" ? IMO overrated in almost any way and a fail as a "Game".

3DS Friend Code: 2809-7989-1816 | Nintendo Network ID: Ralek85

AuthorMessage
Avatar

epicdude12302

60. Posted:

Candy Crush Saga
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (despite the coin element, there was nothing really "new" about this game!)

epicdude12302

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3746-2563 | Nintendo Network ID: epicmatt12302