Forums

Topic: Games and DVDs Released on Tuesdays?

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

chadthegamer

Why do think games and DVDs are usually released on Tuesdays? Wouldn't it be better if games were released on Fridays and Saturdays when kids don't have school and have all weekend to play them?

Judge games by what they have and not what they could have had
Wii Number: 3670 7978 6538 8640
PSN ID ~ chadthegamer
Currently Awaiting: Skyward Sword, Dead Space 2, 3DS, Kirby, Vanquish, AC2 Brotherhood, DK

tambourine_man

They're normally released on Fridays though?

tambourine_man

RandomWiiPlayer

If they are released on Saturday, then you only have two days to play the game, but if it is released on Tuesday, they have after school, and the weekend to play it.

Just a thought.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

M00se

well id prefer it be on friday because my mom dosent let me play games mondays-thursdays, but lets me play as long as i want on the weekends!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

chadthegamer

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

If they are released on Saturday, then you only have two days to play the game, but if it is released on Tuesday, they have after school, and the weekend to play it.

That may be true, but the amount of homework me and my friends get daily usually takes hours to complete (more if we have projects which we get every other week or so) and that leaves us only a couple of hours or so to play our new games before we go to sleep.

Judge games by what they have and not what they could have had
Wii Number: 3670 7978 6538 8640
PSN ID ~ chadthegamer
Currently Awaiting: Skyward Sword, Dead Space 2, 3DS, Kirby, Vanquish, AC2 Brotherhood, DK

RandomWiiPlayer

chadthegamer wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

That may be true, but the amount of homework me and my friends get daily usually takes hours to complete (more if we have projects which we get every other week or so) and that leaves us only a couple of hours or so to play our new games before we go to sleep.

A couple of hours is better than nothing.
More thoughts:
It could be so you have something to look forward to on the weekend.
A lot of people are busy on weekends, and they don't get a chance to pick it up.

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

James

Games in the UK are traditionally released on Fridays, but some big titles - Halo, GTA, Modern Warfare 2 - are released on different days. I never understood why North America gets its games earlier, but I guess I do now!

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

ItsFuzzyPickles

I don't know either, however, I think one of the reason why Nintendo release there games on Tuesday is because they don't want to hurt sales of the Virtual Console/WiiWare/DSiWare. Not sure about the other two, thought the same could be said for Sony, since their downloadable games release on Wednesday.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

the_shpydar

Tuesday has become essentially industry standard with DVDs and games (though you see more non-Tuesday game releases than non-Tuesday dvd releases) because mainly of the sales chart thing mentioned above. Most media have similar "regular days" including books and music, again usually based on sales charts and the like. Meanwhile, MS had once said they went with Wednesday for their XBLA releases to coincide with the comic industry's release of new books on Wednesdays.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Cheezy

I don't think games are always released on Tuesdays. Movies on video are, though. All the time.

Edited on by Cheezy

Who Are You?

theblackdragon

there's both the sales/rental charts reason mentioned above, as well as the fact that retail sales generally slump mid-week, and new DVDs being out on Tuesdays helps to pick up the mid-week sales in general. That way, with retail releases in the middle of the week and new movies hitting theaters at the end, Hollywood sees a much more steady stream of revenue instead of end-of-week bursts. :3

And since most places that sell DVDs also sell games... it kinda makes sense that they'd want to receive all their electronics-area shipments on the same day (instead of scattered throughout the week), so perhaps that's how their DCs work it out for 'em? It's a thought. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

WaLuigi1982

I would state it but I think theblackdragon has already done so.

Edited on by WaLuigi1982

WaLuigi1982

Magi

new-release movies and music are released for sale on Tuesdays. Games SHIP on Tuesdays. The imporant distinction is that the games are not always available FOR SALE on Tuesdays. For example, my Metroid Prime Trilogy shipped on Tuesday to the retailer, but they were not received and available for sale (even pre-order sales) until Wednesday afternoon.

Magi

Aviator

Australian games are released Thursdays, which is good cause all shops are practically open late on Thursday nights, so i'm able to go get it, and play it when i get home from school friday straight away.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.