Forums

Topic: GAME repotedly preparing to go bankrupt. Might possibly be taken over by GameStop.

Posts 21 to 28 of 28

Bankai

Tecmo Koei has just announced that its two upcoming games: Warriors Orochi 3 and Ninja Gaiden 3 will not be available through GAME.

Given Warriors Orochi 3 is expected to be the biggest Warriors release yet, and Ninja Gaiden is a massive property, another kidney blow to GAME

JJGenesis

I went into my Gamestation today and they said they won't be getting any new games for a while. They aren't getting Kid Icarus, They were advertising for Metal Gear Solid 3D up until launch, when it failed to appear. Put simply Game group have ballsed up by losing all their suppliers.

Woo Woo Woo, You Know It
3DS FC: 4210-4079-6584

Radixxs

I still don't see what's so horrific about GameStop. I think it would be great if they bought GAME. All those dudes keep their jobs and GameStop is international.

Best Buy's game section sucks completely. GameStop stocks all the games that are released in a nice, convenient store. I don't get it.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

kkslider5552000

Radixxs wrote:

Best Buy's game section sucks completely. GameStop stocks all the games that are released in a nice, convenient store. I don't get it.

some gamers got angry that their Gamestop have dumb employees and assumed they're all the same thing.

I'm not exactly in the mood to praise Gamestop either when I recently sold 2 Wii games and got less than 2 dollars for each (or maybe Samba De Amigo's horrible port was so bad that I had to pay them to take it away?)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Radixxs wrote:

some gamers got angry that their Gamestop have dumb employees and assumed they're all the same thing.

I'm not exactly in the mood to praise Gamestop either when I recently sold 2 Wii games and got less than 2 dollars for each (or maybe Samba De Amigo's horrible port was so bad that I had to pay them to take it away?)

You didn't have the Bow Wow DLC did you?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Vincent294

Game stop's okay. When they had a bad employee (who claimed they had fees for this and that, we paid him, and I never saw him again. Hmm, I wonder why...oh yeah, because he tried to scam us), they got rid of him. His replacements (they got more than one employee after) are excellent. Never had another bad experience there. Much better; you can't control a bad employee. They have relatively good deals. How are they bad?

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Ark

Radixxs wrote:

Conversely, I can walk into a GameStop with over ten potential games I'm interested on my mind and walk out with none. Whether it's a new release, a year old game, or one from several years ago, they don't seem to stock the games of my taste (unless it's Mario Kart or something, in which case I can find that at any store anywhere whenever). If they do, the price is jacked up to the sky and it's used.

Once in a blue moon, I can actually find a game I want used at GameStop, but I don't believe in unnecessarily damaging the industry I love. In fact, I showed up early on launch day for a game and all they had was a used copy for the same price as a new one. I don't know how that's even possible.

Perhaps it's a good place for the average Joe looking to buy games such as Mario, Call of Duty, Pokemon, etc., but you have just as good a chance of finding those at Wal-Mart or Best Buy as you do GameStop. I feel local stores provide a much better selection of games new and used than large chains do, but my tastes are probably very specific. That said, I do give GameStop major props for providing a new-condition limited edition version of DeathSmiles years after release.

Edited on by Ark

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.