General Discussion Forum

Topic: Game of the Year Predictions

Showing 81 to 100 of 113

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

81. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

"Milked" isn't the word for the Mario franchise. You wouldn't know this though.

Yes, it really is. You run and jump in every single game with nothing new.

And thanks for the respect.

See your ignorant due to the fact that you say theres nothing new.
You should look into these things before you start complaining.

I mean with the gameplay, and if you read all of my posts in this thread you would realize that.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

82. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

orlick wrote:

Random Wii Player, you are insane.

Mario 3 was not like Mario 2 which was not like Mario 1 which was not like Mario Arcade which was not like Donkey Kong

Super Mario World was a little like Mario 3 and Mario World 2 was nothing like Mario World 1

New Super Mario Ds was a little like Mario 1 except it had a Mario 64 move set.

New Super Mario Wii looks like NSMDS with shades of Super Mario World, Mario 2 and Mario Arcade....

And this is 30 years worth of games, over 7 genertions or about the equivelent of a generation and a half of GTA's......

It matter not if we think it will be good or not, it sure as hell is not milked - lol! Mario Party in the GC era, that is milkage, this is nothing at all like that. Or no one would care....

Ah he's just some random Wii player ;)
See what I did there?

Let me guess, 15?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

83. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

"Milked" isn't the word for the Mario franchise. You wouldn't know this though.

Yes, it really is. You run and jump in every single game with nothing new.

And thanks for the respect.

See your ignorant due to the fact that you say theres nothing new.
You should look into these things before you start complaining.

I mean with the gameplay, and if you read all of my posts in this thread you would realize that.

Well if you were to read my posts you'd know that theres new things added to the gameplay such as 4P co-op and plenty of new power-ups but since you didn't look into this I forgive you for your ignorance.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

84. Posted:

I'm going to predict Game of The Year for three systems:

Nintendo Wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Nintendo DS/i: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Playstation 3: Uncharted 2: Among Theives

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

85. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

"Milked" isn't the word for the Mario franchise. You wouldn't know this though.

Yes, it really is. You run and jump in every single game with nothing new.

And thanks for the respect.

See your ignorant due to the fact that you say theres nothing new.
You should look into these things before you start complaining.

I mean with the gameplay, and if you read all of my posts in this thread you would realize that.

Well if you were to read my posts you'd know that theres new things added to the gameplay such as 4P co-op and plenty of new power-ups but since you didn't look into this I forgive you for your ignorance.

Powerups don't do anything to the gameplay, I've said that. And I also said that 4P is really the only new thing, and it has been done before in a platformer.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MetalMario

86. Posted:

Powerups add to the gameplay because some can help you explore new areas.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

87. Posted:

Power-ups don't do anything to the gameplay? You are insane.
New power-ups or really power-ups in general help you progress through the game. You fail to realize the obvious.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

88. Posted:

Predictions!

Wii: Wii Sports Resort, Dead Space, Muramassa, or NSMBWii.
DS: Kingdom Hearts, Scribblenauts, or Mario and Luigi.
PS3: Uncharted 2.
360: ODST?
PSP: Little big planet portable

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

89. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Power-ups don't do anything to the gameplay? You are insane.
New power-ups or really power-ups in general help you progress through the game. You fail to realize the obvious.

The word is opinionated. Your not going to convince me otherwise.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

90. Posted:

Because I'm right your going to use the word opinionated in this debate?
How smart of you.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

91. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Because I'm right your going to use the word opinionated in this debate?
How smart of you.

You think that powerups enhance gameplay, I don't. Those are opinions. I don't care what your opinion is.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

92. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Because I'm right your going to use the word opinionated in this debate?
How smart of you.

You think that powerups enhance gameplay, I don't. Those are opinions. I don't care what your opinion is.

Yeah, they are opinions
its just that his opinion is the most commonly held one among most people
and yours is simply an opinion of convenience considering the argument at hand

Power-ups significantly enhance gameplay in the Mario Games
some just add more than others
:P

Topic at hand:
Music game of the year: Guitar Hero 5 Wii
Art: Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Innovation: Scribbllenauts
Wii Game of the Year: New SMB Wii (I guess)

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

93. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Because I'm right your going to use the word opinionated in this debate?
How smart of you.

You think that powerups enhance gameplay, I don't. Those are opinions. I don't care what your opinion is.

Yea well I dont wanna hear your opinion either.
But theres a difference between your opinion and facts and its a fact that new power-ups change the gameplay just look at Mario bros. 1 to 2 to 3 to World and all of their different power ups and how it changes the gameplay.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

clicketyclick

94. Posted:

Chrono, are you even capable of disagreeing with someone without insulting their intelligence?

Scribblenauts is poorly designed, Muramasa is mediocre, no way Professor Layton's gonna get it, IGN already said LKS isn't a GOTY contender, and RandomWiiPlayer is right; Mario is milked.

The games that are going to pick up GOTYs are Uncharted 2, CoD MW2, Street Fighter IV and perhaps GTA Chinatown Wars, Batman, and Killzone 2 will also pick some up. Of course NSMBW will probably pick up some awards from some Nintendo-only sites for lack of anything else to slap the title on.

Now Playing: Bioshock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

95. Posted:

clicketyclick wrote:

Chrono, are you even capable of disagreeing with someone without insulting their intelligence?
Mario is milked.

Haha!
...maybe. :P

EDIT: And before anybody says I said that Mario isn't milked is wrong because i said "Milked" isn't the right word to describe this situation if you were to call it that. I clearly stated that new items do change the gameplay and make it new and different which NSMB Wii has new items.

Just a heads up. ;)

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WolfRamHeart

96. Posted:

Machu wrote:

Untitled

I agree with this prediction!:)

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

97. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Because I'm right your going to use the word opinionated in this debate?
How smart of you.

You think that powerups enhance gameplay, I don't. Those are opinions. I don't care what your opinion is.

Yea well I dont wanna hear your opinion either.
But theres a difference between your opinion and facts and its a fact that new power-ups change the gameplay just look at Mario bros. 1 to 2 to 3 to World and all of their different power ups and how it changes the gameplay.

Yes, because becoming taller by eating a mushroom makes a HUGE difference /sarcasm.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kidpit

98. Posted:

For Wii: Tiger Woods 10
For DS: Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
For 360: Halo ODST
For PS3: Infamous
For PSP: Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Kidpit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LEGEND_MARIOID

99. Posted:

Wii: Little King's Story (there others I prefer marginally over this, but this deserves its due)
DS: Professor Layton "2" Pandora's Box

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

castlehominid99

100. Posted:

Wii: Nsmb Wii
DS: Mario and Luigi bowser's inside story
ps3: UNcharted 2 or mw2
XBOX 360: halo 3 ODST or mw2
PSP: Dissidia final Fantasy or little big planet portable

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango