Forums

Topic: Game of the Year Predictions

Posts 101 to 111 of 111

The_Fox

Odnetnin wrote:

A lot of us predicted Scribblenauts to be Game of the Year way back... I wish it had lived up to the hype.

Scribblenauts was the biggest disapointment in years for me.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Superman

Game of the year? As in, 2009? Here's a better question! Who cares?

Superman

Kid_A

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

MetalMario wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I don't think NSMBWii will even be nominated for GOTY. It isn't anything we haven't seen before. It is something we have been seeing milked for the last twenty years.

We're not talking about just any ordinary Mario game here buddy ol' pal were talking a 2-D Mario adventure on a console. We don't see one of these every year now do we?

Definite nomination for GOTY.

It is another Mario game, we have seen it before, that is my point. It is nothing new.

New power-ups, new 4-player mode, new powerups.

How intelligent. They always have at least one new powerup, it doesn't effect the gameplay at all. 4 player is really the only new thing.

Actually the entire point of a powerup is that it effects the gameplay. They wouldn't have them if they did nothing at all. Don't be silly--the first 2-D Mario game to hit a home console in 15 years, complete with cooperative multiplayer. And it's created by Miymoto. If you don't think it's going to be nominated then your head's on wrong. You may not want it to be nominated, but it's sure as heck going to be.
But the way things are going, I'm thinking Uncharted 2 is going to win the most GOTY awards.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

retired_account

New Super Mario Bros. Wii looks like it has a fair chance. BIS was rubbish, and Scribblenauts disappointed.

retired_account

shingi_70

Assassians creed 2 or Dragon Age Origins

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Kid_A

Odnetnin wrote:

pixelman wrote:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii looks like it has a fair chance. BIS was rubbish, and Scribblenauts disappointed.

Though BIS is far from rubbish, I otherwise agree.

BIS is a teensy bit over-rated (it's a really great game, don't get me wrong, but a 10/10? Not quite). Let's not forget we have a new Zelda game coming out in two months--Zelda and GOTY sort of go hand in hand.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.