Forums

Topic: French Class Help

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Kagamine

Hey everybody i have a favor to ask of anybody willing. for my french class i have to write an essay and the teacher won't proof read them for us. I would ask some other kids in my class to help, but they aren't the most dependable sometimes. Anyway i looked over the forum rules and there doesn't seem to be anything against asking for something like this. This closest thing i could find was no posts in other languages besides english, but i think that they mean entire posts. so without further ado, MY FRENCH ESSAY:

French Essay: Ponyville
Je vais à Ponyville de Equestria en train. Quand J’arrive à la gare, j’achète mon billet. Apres J’ai mon billet je vais à la salle d’attende. J’attende pour 15 minutes, est mon train arrive à la gare. Je pars la salle d’attende est monte en voiture. Le guichet prends mon billet est je assis. Apres 30 minutes le train arrêt.
Je descends du train est je vais à le snack-bar. J’achète deux bonbons parce-que je suis très faim. Je mange mon bonbons est je vais à la salle d’attende. Mon train est retard, alors je vais la kiosque. Je regarde les magazines est les carte postales. Cette magazines regarde bon, alors j’achète deux magazines pour mon attend. Je aussi achète un carte postale pour mon ami. Apres j’achète mon carte postale est mon magazines je vais à la salle d’attend.
Quand mon train arrive Je monte en voiture. Dans la train, je dors pour deux heures ! Apres le train arrête, je demande le guichet, « Je descende ici ? » Il réponds, « oui, tu descende ici. » Alors Je descends le train. D’abord Je vais le buffet parce-que j’ai faim. Le serveur arrive est je dit « Je prends des biscuits s’il vous plait ! » Le serveur retourne avec mes biscuits après deux minutes. Je mange tout les biscuits est pays le serveur. Je pars la gare est je vais rendre visite mon ami Rainbow Dash.

I am only a few yeas in so its not to good. If you want to help me out that would be great! if you decide to help and realize that its boring and i made way to many mistakes, thats for your time anyway. Have a nice day people!

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

chiwii

I only know a little French, so I can't help much. There are a couple of things that I noticed. First, "est" doesn't mean "and." Also, double check your possesive adjectives (mon, mes, etc.) to make sure that they match the nouns.

chiwii

Jamouse

In the sentence "je vais à le snack-bar", change the "a le" into "au" ( if there are any other "a le" change them too).
Also, like chiwii said, change the "est" into "et" where you want to say "and".

Jamouse

Marks

I'm going to highlight some mistakes:
-"Je" for "I" does not have a capital like it does in English. (Example: Après j’ai mon billet)
-"Est" and "et" are homonyms. While "est" stands for the verb "is", "et" means "and".
-"Je mange mon bonbons" you should correct "mon" and replace it with "mes" because it's plural.
-"Je aussi achète un carte postale". Correction: "J'achète aussi une carte postale".
-Rainbow Dash is a female, therfore it's "ma amie" instead of "mon ami".

I just skimmed it, so I might have missed a few things. Cute story overall, (I love My Little Pony) but it just needs some corrections. A Bescherelle could help you a lot with the tricky French verbs.
Here's a few helpful links that can help you in the future:
-http://www.bescherelle.com/ (Great site for verbs. I also recommend buying or borrowing a book for reference.)
-http://bonpatron.com/ (I found out about this year. Best thing ever!)
-http://www.lepointdufle.net/ (They're boring, I had to do them for years, but they're helpful in case you want to sharpen your skills).

Edited on by Marks

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

Kagamine

Thank you so much guys! sorry i forgot to come back sooner and post. After making the suggested corrections i got a 100 on it! You guys are awesome!

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

Rensch

a) I have had just two years of basic French class.
b) It's about Ponyville.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

theblackdragon

Scarhino89 wrote:

I'm sorry, but it's necessary to guard your English language because the French isn't universal. I'm French, but I can correctly speak your language.

kinda... no offense, but i'm not sure what you mean by it being 'necessary to guard [our] English language'. could you explain? :3

Scarhino89 wrote:

Scarhino written on my username is the French name of Heracross. That's all I can say you.

good to know? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Blaze

Scarhino89 wrote:

I'm sorry, but it's necessary to guard your English language because the French isn't universal. I'm French, but I can correctly speak your language.

Scarhino written on my username is the French name of Heracross. That's all I can say you.

Uhhh, What?

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.