Forums

Topic: Firefox 4.0.1 available!

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

TeeJay

I just got a notification that Firefox 4.0.1 is available and downloaded it immediately. It looks so cool, at least with the skin I have on it that's still there from my last version of Firefox, and idk if it's true, but the noticiation said this version is 6x faster that Firefox 3.6. Has anybody else gotten it?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Aviator

Yes, I got it months ago.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

TeeJay

Aviator wrote:

Yes, I got it months ago.

lolfail on my part. I guess it's because I haven't been near my laptop in ages.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Xkhaoz

I can't wait for Firefox 4.04 version...
"404 error message
Get Chrome, it's much better."

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Splat

Xkhaoz3D wrote:

False.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Aviator

Splat wrote:

Xkhaoz3D wrote:

False.

True.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Raylax

Chrome and Firefox are about equal - Chrome is super-fast, Firefox is super-featured. So which is better depends entirely on what you need it for. I use both, for various tasks.

Firefox 4 is excellent, anyway. Had it for a while now.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

BedCommando

Still has the same fuggin' problem of saying "Firefox is already running" when I boot it up a quarter of the time.
Chrome never gives that message.

Bedloggery
Currently playing
Pokemon Black (DS)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (OnLive)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XBLA)

theblackdragon

BedCommando wrote:

Still has the same fuggin' problem of saying "Firefox is already running" when I boot it up a quarter of the time.

haven't had that problem for at least a year now, and I used to get it all the time (mainly because it used to crash on me all the time too, lol).

that said, upgrading to FF4 revealed what Malwarebytes and the other virus/malware scanners i've tried couldn't find — the real culprit behind the Google redirect virus-thing that had infected my computer — and gave me the opportunity to remove it finally. that's probably the only good thing for me that's come from having finally upgraded, though, since it broke Screengrab (fixed now though), got rid of the status bar, and reordered the right-click menu (fixed the latter two via new plugins, though). why they tried to fix what wasn't broken is beyond me, but whatev'.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

pikku

It's called Chrome. Get with the program, noobs D:
just kidding, we love noobs here in NL

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

theblackdragon

@pik: lol i already use chrome. i'm usually running both FF and Chrome at the same time — FireFox doesn't like chat and Chrome doesn't have a screengrab plugin I like. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

pikku

@dragon Ah, i see. Sneaky, very sneaky.
thus why you are no longer a nooblet, you are OUR LEADER

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Joeynator3000

Don't notice any differences, well...besides the looks, lol

Xkhaoz3D wrote:

I can't wait for Firefox 4.04 version...
"404 error message

Never used Chrome, but never had any issues or 404 messages from Firefox either.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Raylax

theblackdragon wrote:

BedCommando wrote:

haven't had that problem for at least a year now, and I used to get it all the time (mainly because it used to crash on me all the time too, lol).

that said, upgrading to FF4 revealed what Malwarebytes and the other virus/malware scanners i've tried couldn't find — the real culprit behind the Google redirect virus-thing that had infected my computer — and gave me the opportunity to remove it finally. that's probably the only good thing for me that's come from having finally upgraded, though, since it broke Screengrab (fixed now though), got rid of the status bar, and reordered the right-click menu (fixed the latter two via new plugins, though). why they tried to fix what wasn't broken is beyond me, but whatev'.

Firefox can be a little slow at killing existing processes when you close it, which gives the 'already running' dialogue if you've closed it recently.
I much prefer the new layout, far less clutter, so more webpage space. Firefox 3 felt like it was 25% menu bars (even sans dodgy 3rd-party additional ones), particularly if you've been using Chrome for any length of time, lol. And the status bar was never terribly useful in any browser, I felt. Just said "Done" 95% of the time (or if you're using IE "Error in webpage. Because we're terrible at CSS support")

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

theblackdragon

@Raylax: i know — for some reason when it was crashing all the time, though, it seemed much slower at closing all existing processes. not anymore, though, at least not for me... now on the rare occasion when it crashes, i'm back up and running in seconds :3

also, re: the status bar — i'm weird and i like being able to see the bare URLs for things i'm clicking. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

TeeJay

@ Sushi
That happened to me even up to today before I upgraded to 4.0. I hated it. >_>

edhe

I'm getting annoyed with the new Firefox release.

The javascript plugins (or something like that) keep failing. I can't watch YouTube videos, my Yahoo inbox formatting is borked, and various other websites don't display correctly.

This only started happening since I downloaded the new Firefox, and I'm thinking about downgrading again.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

irken004

I upgraded to FF4 last week and haven't run into any major problems. The layout takes some getting used to but that's no big deal.

TeeJay

edhe wrote:

I'm getting annoyed with the new Firefox release.

The javascript plugins (or something like that) keep failing. I can't watch YouTube videos, my Yahoo inbox formatting is borked, and various other websites don't display correctly.

This only started happening since I downloaded the new Firefox, and I'm thinking about downgrading again.

idk how that can happen. Everything has been working out just fine for me since I downloaded the new version. I can watch vids, etc. The only complaint I have is that my various additional toolbars are no longer able to be used. Eh, they weren't that important anyway...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.