Forums

Topic: Finally! On Stranger Tides Sets Sails

Posts 81 to 98 of 98

Kid_A

I saw it last night, and I must say I really didn't like it. It started off strong, but it quickly devolved into the unnecessarily complex, overstuffed and noisy ruckus that made the third movie so awful. I sat there in apathy for almost the entire movie; it certainly wasn't for a lack of things happening, it was just that there was so much happening that it became difficult to care after awhile. Aside from Penelope Cruz, who was surprisingly charming, none of the new characters were even remotely interesting. I loved the first movie and I'm one of the very few defenders of the second, but this was crap.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

IanMage

Kid_A wrote:

I saw it last night, and I must say I really didn't like it. It started off strong, but it quickly devolved into the unnecessarily complex, overstuffed and noisy ruckus that made the third movie so awful. I sat there in apathy for almost the entire movie; it certainly wasn't for a lack of things happening, it was just that there was so much happening that it became difficult to care after awhile. Aside from Penelope Cruz, who was surprisingly charming, none of the new characters were even remotely interesting. I loved the first movie and I'm one of the very few defenders of the second, but this was crap.

It's definately not one of the better ones, but I still enjoyed it. It had a lot of good humor.

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

Link79

I don't know why anyone would miss orlando bloom and Kiera Knightly. They brought nothing to the original three. They couldn't act worth a damn and they were very annoying characters. It was always about Jack Sparrow. The new movie was still better than part 3 by a long shot. That was the lowest point of the series. I think they've really redeemed themselves after that mess.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

pikku

Sushi wrote:

So um. I still need to see PotC 2 & 3. I KNOW, I'M BEHIND ON THE NEW FANGLED THINGS. THEY'RE STILL ABOUT PIRATES, RIGHT?

Hey, me too!~ O.o

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

SMW

I loved it just like I loved the rest of the Pirates movies. I was surprised to see M from 007 (Judi Dench) show up in a scene; that sure was unexpected!

SMW

Chris720

Link79 wrote:

I never really cared for Orlando bloom or Kiera Knightly in these movies. I just found their characters to be annoying. It should only focus on Jack Sparrow. I'm glad those two are gone. As long as the new movie is better than pirates 3 it'll surely be awesome! The best part about the 3rd one was this.
[youtube:73vHWnpNaWU]

LOL. Nobody move! I've dropped me brain

I loved that part!

I loved all of them, but the last two were quite forgettable. Stranger Tides looks good, but as with all trailers they only show the funny parts and when you go to see it your loaded with a bunch of crap before you get to the good bits which you then find out are few and far between.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I dunno why people say the 3rd movie was the worst. A few annoying issues and too many characters aside, it wasn't basically a half-ed redone version of the 1st movie like the 2nd one was and the humor was actually funny, again, unlike much of the 2nd film. And honestly, I think this is the closest we've gotten to the legendary 80s movie franchises like Indiana Jones and Back to the Future (and honestly even the worst Pirates movie is better than the last movie for either of those series (lol generic movie wild west, lol refridgerator)). The complaining is annoying and silly if you can still defend those series (it should be pointed out my personal favorite movies are Back to the Future part 2 and Pirates 1 so I'm allowed to say that ),

This is mainly not for here but for silly, hypocritical people in general who I've heard a lot of complaining from.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

IanMage
This is easily the most annoying part of Elizabeth's character. I would not be inspired by this speech, if I were in this situation; I'd probably jump off of the edge of the ship.

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

JadeGirl

I saw the newest Pirates of the Carribean On Strangers Tides and it was AWESOME. I love the Mermaid and the Boy. I wont tell any spoilers so I will let you guys see it!

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

RoyalBlur

I'm really getting rattled with all the hatred being expressed over 'At World's End' which in my opinion is a great film, it had plenty of great moments and epic battles. Some of my favorite parts of At World's End are, the Fall into Davy Jones Locker (Edge of the Ocean), Up is Down (when they tip the ship over to get back to our world) and the Battle at the Maelstrom.

Anyway, Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides is by the far the greatest Pirates of the Caribbean movie in my opinion right after Dead Man's Chest. I really and truly enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides. I've never seen anything quite like it since Indiana Jones as kkslider5552000 has already pointed out. Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides was similar in some ways to Indiana Jones and the The Last Crusade and that really excited me as I watched the movie. I loved the ending with Jack marooning his beloved Angelica on the island. I also enjoyed the role of the missionary and his compassion for the poor mermaid girl Serena. I sure hope that we get a bit of backstory on Blackbeard's sword in the next movie and that Serena and the missionary will also be in the next movie.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

CanisWolfred

I haven't been hearing good things from this movie from people I trust. I'll probably skip it. I'm not a big Pirate fan anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JadeGirl

Awe come on man, just watch it XD. It was awesome!

Love is the Answer!
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

Rensch

While it got bad reviews, I'll probably find it entertaining anyway. Pirates and mindless fun, that's all I need from an adventure movie.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Link79

I say screw all the negative reviews. Those people just aren't Pirates fans. If you've liked the others I see no reason you wouldn't like this one. Movies are way too over analyzed and criticized. If it's something you enjoy then don't let anyone force their opinions on you. I personally loved it! Ian Mcshane made a great Blackbeard. He really fit the part perfectly.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

JadeGirl

What I would like to know is, if people have a problem with the movie show me what you dislike about the movie and I want to see why did you give it a bad review.

My favorite part in this one was at the end where she tells Jack that she is pregnant and he starts running for the boat and tells her she can't be they haven't done anything. I could not stop laughing!

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

theblackdragon

@JadeGirl: sometimes whether you 'like' or 'dislike' something is completely subjective — Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley were at their worst in the third one, i thought. it needed much more Jack and Blackbeard (and Calypso!) and much less of those two laming the place up. I hated the third Pirates movie and have no intentions of seeing the new one until it hits Netflix.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.