Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts Fan Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 167

WiiWareWave

@Blast: I occasionally play Final Fantasy XI online, but Final Fantasy XIV I wouldn't touch with a thirty foot pole.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Time for another bump!

So... anyone play FFXIV?

I will if you can convince me. I'm not joking either.

2 week trial is free to download and play. It's the full game with a level cap of 20 on all classes. Nothing to lose if you don't like it.

In terms of feel and presentation, it's like a SNES Final Fantasy with Tactics/XII artwork. Plays sort of like WoW with a FFV/X-2 job system.

And not really a thing, but whoever did the localization on the quest names is a genius.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

SpookyMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Time for another bump!

So... anyone play FFXIV?

2 week trial is free to download and play. It's the full game with a level cap of 20 on all classes. Nothing to lose if you don't like it.

In terms of feel and presentation, it's like a SNES Final Fantasy with Tactics/XII artwork. Plays sort of like WoW with a FFV/X-2 job system.

And not really a thing, but whoever did the localization on the quest names is a genius.

When I get a PS4, I'm in. Thanks!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TuVictus

SpookyMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Time for another bump!

So... anyone play FFXIV?

My physical copy of the base game comes in tomorrow, so I'm excited. Is this game heavily dependent on team work or is there a good chunk of stuff able to be done alone? Also, is there an overall story that can be completed or is it like many MMO's where there's a general bad guy, but it requires the best of the best of the best and hundreds of hours of play to make it to the raid with the "final" boss.

TuVictus

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

When I get a PS4, I'm in. Thanks!

The free trial is on PC. Not sure if there's one on PS4 too. PS3, PS4, and PC players are all together on the same servers though (which is why there's no Xbox One version, incidentally).

Operative wrote:

My physical copy of the base game comes in tomorrow, so I'm excited. Is this game heavily dependent on team work or is there a good chunk of stuff able to be done alone? Also, is there an overall story that can be completed or is it like many MMO's where there's a general bad guy, but it requires the best of the best of the best and hundreds of hours of play to make it to the raid with the "final" boss.

There is a lot of both single player and team stuff throughout the game, but endgame becomes mostly about teamwork, for obvious reasons. You don't really PvP or raid alone, which is what any MMO is really about.

The story is pretty well written for an MMO and it's full of memorable, interesting characters. Majority of the cutscenes aren't voiced though, so it's a lot of reading. It does occasionally force you into team play for story bosses. It's quite hassle-free though. You go into your list, click on the dungeon to join the queue, and then just go and do whatever else until you get sorted into a party. Say "hi" in party chat when the instance starts, say "ty" when it's over. It's not too stressful.

If you go into it wanting something that isn't an MMO though, you'll be disappointed. It's very much an MMO. But if you just wanted to play through the story and not get into any of the endgame content, you don't have to team up that much and you'll probably get 100+ hours out of the game just from the main story + class/job quests. You could finish that on the 30-day sub that comes with the game.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

I don't know where else I could ask this so pardon me if its annoying.

I'm currently playing final fantasy tactics. The thing that annoys me is that job points are divided into various classes that getting basic stuff like phenoix down is such a pain. Nearly all but two of my units aren't having phenoix down or hi-potions or ether and the chemist JP is so low for them. How am I suppose to get those abilities if none of them are chemists?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Megas75

@Artwark:

Take the common sense route and turn that unit and turn them into a chemist

Of course there's another, harder way
Have chemists in your group. Regardless if the unit isn't a certain class, they'll gain a small amount of JP for that class if another unit is that class that you want to build JP for

i.e. If you have a Knight and you want him to learn Phoenix Down, you bring a unit who's a chemist with the Knight to the BF. Then they'll gain JP for their class as well as those of their comrades. So the Knight will get JP for both the Knight and Chemist class(and the chemist will vice versa)

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Socar

@Megas75: Thanks for that man. I gotta say, learning the basics of TRPG games takes a while to understand. This happened to me when I played Awakening and Valkyria Chronicles as well. Although admittedly, Awakening is the first FE that I've played and the first that made me love TRPG's.

But still, the other parts of tactics are just plain horrible. Friendly AI units that don't help you when you want them to, not being able to know which titles your units can attack on and that CP is the worst of them all as its not direct at all.

Socar

@Megas75: Ok help me out here.

I raised my thief to level 4 so why can't I unlock Ninja class yet?

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

Megas75: Ok help me out here.

I raised my thief to level 4 so why can't I unlock Ninja class yet?

I've only played the PSP version, but I recall there being more than one class prerequisite. I know you have to level up Archer some too.

Megas75

@Artwark:

What Spooky said. You need more than level 4 Thief, but also lvl.3 Archer and lvl.2 Geomancer(if your playing the PS1 version. In the PSP lvl. 5 thief, lvl.4 archer and lvl 2 geomancer)

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Socar

@Megas75: So my own unit has to have these classes in levels inorder to get Ninja?

rishisquid

Ah, now that's disappointing...

Edited on by rishisquid

rishisquid

CaviarMeths

Yeah, not really feeling it.

Oddly, the music feels out of place, too low-fi for those visuals. It really should be fully orchestrated if they're going to stick with Uematsu's score.

And I'm getting serious hallway simulator vibes. This isn't going to be anywhere near as open as the original game, is it?

Dezzy

What are you guys on about, it looks great.

You got hallway simulator vibes from a 5 second clips where they happened to be in a hallway. I'm sure the game will be MORE open than the original given that the world map will probably be fully interactive, rather than just a representation of the world.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

rishisquid

I don't know, for one it's sad the abandoned the original battle system for something that looks so generic, and like every other game Square is making. And yeah, if the whole game isn't a hallway it would've been nice to see it.

rishisquid

Shinion

I thought it looked fantastic, but then again so did Final Fantasy XIII for its time. Square-Enix have just lost their way with creative game design, it's either generic or so bizarre and not in a good way (the Paridigm system). But yeah it looks undeniably brilliant, and it better for the millions it costs S-E and their in game engine that costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Shinion

Dezzy

rishisquid wrote:

I don't know, for one it's sad the abandoned the original battle system for something that looks so generic, and like every other game Square is making. And yeah, if the whole game isn't a hallway it would've been nice to see it.

We really can't know much about the battle system from what we saw there! We did see it switch between Cloud and Barrett though. I'd be so happy if they did something like Xenoblade Chronicles.

As for seeing the rest of it, I'm guessing this is the only bit they've made so far. Of course it's not going to be a hallway. They haven't made any games like since people moaned about ff13.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.