Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts Fan Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 167

RegalSin

Eidos has been working with Square since the PSX days.

The only reason why it was the lowest selling point is that most FF fans are spread out. I will admit I was an Gamecube person, and barely had anything to do with PS2 games, and even PC development. Most of Squaresofts mobile phones was in Japan ( which is part of it's own ruination ) and never was ported to the west. Because of this many nationalist probably praised SquareSoft but otherwise SQUARESOFT haven't changed tatics at all, since most of there best hits and best sellers are on the SNES.

Where is all the Squaresoft DLC on the WiiU when you need it? Those games that have been translated already would have blown fans brains apart for just playing them.

They could have just relabeled some of these games from the west as "Final Fantasy" and it would have sold like hotcakes in seconds. That is how blind the average gamers was back then ( and is now ).

This CEO all he really did was the obvious for the Japanese market. Nothing in the west is really supported as much, because the lack of support for Nintendo players to begin with.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

AceDefective

So I don't know if anyone saw this yet, but:

Super excited for this game but I'm afraid the trailer might be a target render again.
None of the HUD actually functions, its all simulated (especially Sora, Donald and Goofy's Health bars), they seem to increase and decrease at random) expect for the static Command menu.
However, I'm still hyped if the footage is true to what the game will actually be like models and "mechanics" in all.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Sheesh, it's a ghost town in here.

Oh well, time for more news/rumour. This time it's about FFXII. FFXII HD teased by composers. Really hope this is true. IX and XII are the two best FF games of the last 20 years (IMO) and both were unfortunately limited by being released on platforms at the end of their life cycle. They should have been PS2/PS3 launch titles instead of PS1/PS2 swan songs.

Anyway, I need to play XII remastered on a more modern platform, hopefully the IZJS version. PS3, PS4, Vita, I don't care. One or all three is fine.

And then Square Enix can give Sakaguchi, Amano, and Uematsu a call and ask them nicely to start working on FFIX: Remake. I bet it would even come out before FFVII: Remake if they start now!

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CaviarMeths

Thread should be retitled "CaviarMeths posts his random musings on Final Fantasy to the awe of no one."

Sad to say that I just canceled my pre-order on FFVII:R. I just don't feel good about it. I don't think I'll be picking up either FFXV or FFVII:R, at least not at full price. I'm... well, tired of the style of game that Nomura and Nojima make, and the inclusion of Kitase as producer does nothing to alleviate my apathy (he has produced a shocking number of bad/mediocre Final Fantasy games in the last 10 years).

Playing through FFIV again though, enjoying it just as much as I always have. Also have a FFV playthrough on the go, though that's progressing slowly.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

AceDefective

I guess I'll break up the ghost town.
I was never hyped for the FFVII remake, I'm honestly more excited for a VI remake than VII.
I feel like it can't nor will it possibly live up to the hype it generated and that the hype was more because of VII's past success and nostalgia than seeing what new stuff they're gonna add or redo.
I honestly thought and still do think remaking VII was large undertaking and I don't think Square can handle it.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Blast

Square Enix is truly back on track. These guys are on a roll. Final Fantasy XV's situation is.... well....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Caryslan

With all the talk of HD Remasters and Remakes, please tell me I'm not the only one that wants a Final Fantasy VIII remake.

That game is my favorite one out of the three Playstation FF games.

Caryslan

SuperWiiU

Caryslan wrote:

With all the talk of HD Remasters and Remakes, please tell me I'm not the only one that wants a Final Fantasy VIII remake.

Though it's not my favorite of the PSX era and there are some flaws in the battle system that should be be fixed it's probably my number one FF I'd like to see remade too.

CaviarMeths

Among things that need to be fixed in FFVIII:

Untitled

CaviarMeths

ekreig wrote:

One of the most important things they would have to fix is the plot. Give some characters that aren't Squall or Rinoa some development. Explain the villains and their motives better. Don't just leave plot threads like Timber hanging without resolving...actually, you know what? Just scrap the whole original plot and turn it into a huge Triple Triad/Card Mod tournament. I would adore that.

Not to be a broken record here, but 99% of Nojima's scripts would be improved by tossing them in the bin and replacing them with a card game. FFVIII is workable though. There's a lot of really interesting things going on. Take out the gag-worthy "romance" between Squall and Rinoa, do a better job at tying up loose ends, and it's pretty good as is.

Blast

I really wished Nintendo would just throw a few dollars to get Final Fantasy games on Wii U. It can go a long way to developing a fanbase. Just try to get the remakes... at least.

Master of the Hype Train

Megas75

I'd love to see a remake of VI above all else, if only the Opera scene(obviously I'd love the whole game remade, but the thought of that scene remade just sends shivers down my spine)

Caryslan wrote:

You're definitely not alone, I'd love to see an VIII remake too

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

RR529

I guess we should round up any TGS announcements.

Announcements:

• Final Fantasy Adventure remake (Vita/Android/iOS)
  • Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD ReMix (PS4)

New Trailers:

• World of Final Fantasy (PS4/Vita)

Just let me know if there's anything I missed.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Megas75

Looking forward to KHII.8 Remix for the Prologue alone. More Aqua is always a good thing

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

CaviarMeths

Time for another bump!

So... anyone play FFXIV?

Blast

SpookyMeths wrote:

Time for another bump!

So... anyone play FFXIV?

I will if you can convince me. I'm not joking either.

Master of the Hype Train

WiiWareWave

I never noticed this before in Final Fantasy VII, but if you enter the church in the sector 5 slums after Aeris Dies her ghost will show up for a split second when you enter the building.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.