Forums

Topic: Factory Sealed EarthBound for $6000

Posts 21 to 29 of 29

Ninten

theblackdragon wrote:

lol, if you check the listing, it looks like his price has gone down -- you can Buy It Now for $5,000, or he'll apparently consider an offer of $4,000. guess no one was biting at $6,000... i wonder why :3

Would you buy it for $5000?

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

Percentful

brooks83 wrote:

Yes, but as soon as Earthbound hits the VC (it will come eventually) the value of that sealed Earthbound will go down. It will still be expensive, but he will definately not be able to resell it for the $6000 he bought it for. A lot of PS1 games that were rare and sold for a lot of money on eBay have had their value drop significantly since they were re-released over the PSN (Suikoden, Castlevania Chronicles, etc etc). Even a SNES Chrono Trigger cartridge goes for a lot less than it did 10 years ago, due to all of the re-releases.

Look, if he actually sells it for $6000, good for him, and I will gladly admit I was wrong, but I really don't think he's gonna get that much for it

There's 2 days left on the auction. He already has a buyer if no one bids at least 4000. Earthbound is not going to come to the VC in 2 days.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Adam

He never suggested that. He was responding to the idea that someone could buy it as an investment to resell later at a higher price: "definately not be able to resell it for the $6000 he bought it for."

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

brooks83

He lowered it to 4000 and still it didn't sell, let's see how much he tries for when he relists it.

brooks83

madgear

I've seen some ridiculously highly priced games and console on ebay lately. I mean look at the price of Metroid Prime Trilogy on UK ebay - labelled "rare" and extremely over priced, yet you can just pop into Tesco and get a new sealed copy easily for under 30 quid.

Also is Earthbound's music really infringements of copyright? Doesn't half the music tracks appear in Smash Bros Brawl anyway?

madgear

Adam

What does that have to do with anything? This is a used product. It's not Nintendo selling it. The game is not illegal.

And no, most of the music tracks in Brawl are pretty safe. Only one is kind of iffy, but on its own it would be hard to make a case against.

Come on, friends,

madgear

Not saying it is illegal - I'm pointing out people wont buy something and assume it's hard to get hold of just because you've tacked a huge price tag on it and labelled it "rare". Any collector will know what it's worth and how rare it is and most other people will just get the cheapest one they find. They're just out pricing themselves out of a sale.

madgear

Adam

I still have no idea what this has to do with the soundtrack. Copyright infringement or no, it has nothing to do with the rarity. The game itself may only warrant the label "uncommon" not rare, but factory sealed and graded? It absolutely is rare -- it's the only one of its kind I've ever seen on Ebay.

But yes, the price is ridiculous.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Ramandus

madgear wrote:

Also is Earthbound's music really infringements of copyright? Doesn't half the music tracks appear in Smash Bros Brawl anyway?

SOME of the songs in Earthbound are MIDI ripoffs of popular music. A few of the songs sample popular music. You should google it to find out specifics.

The majority of the songs are original though.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.