Forums

Topic: Factory Sealed EarthBound for $6000

Posts 1 to 20 of 29

jangonov

because if one guy bids, they make money. That is the only thing I can think of

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

I could see it going for maybe 600, but not 6000. Sometimes you see some ridiculous prices like that on Ebay lol. I think the other day I saw a Sega Saturn with nothing special about it listed for 1000, what an idiot.

brooks83

Aviator

Cause its factory sealed.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

liammiller18

Mickeymac wrote:

Like it'll ever sell. Why do people even bother putting stuff up for such a high price?

For starters, a factory sealed copy of Earthbound is worth that much. I won't beat around the bush, it's how supply and demand works. If that is the only available copy, the owner chooses the price. Secondly, I think he's trying to capitalize on the recent retro sales boom that came just recently.

Bacon, RPG elements and cute girls, what more could you want?

brooks83

No, a factory sealed copy of Earthbound is not worth 6000. Recently Stadium Events for the NES went for 40000, and there were only around 200 copies of the game in existence. I am sure there are more than 200 copies of Earthbound in existence.

Like I said, I could see someone paying around 600, possibly even 1000, but it is not worth 6000. Besides, as soon as it hits the VC, that value will drop drastically.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

brooks83

Sorry to keep posting here, but that same seller actually has a sealed copy of Halo for 300. That guy is out of his mind lol.

brooks83

grenworthshero

6000 is a little high, but considering you can find unsealed copies for 250 bucks, it's not that crazy.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

brooks83

It may sell at 6000, but considering it could pop up on the VC at any moment, I think it is way overpriced. And before anyone mentions it, yes I know all about the alleged legal issues that are supposedly keeping Earthbound off the VC.

brooks83

Firkraag

@brooks83
Nobody would buy a sealed Earthbound copy and then play on it, it would be an investment and a collectors item.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

brooks83

Yes, but as soon as Earthbound hits the VC (it will come eventually) the value of that sealed Earthbound will go down. It will still be expensive, but he will definately not be able to resell it for the $6000 he bought it for. A lot of PS1 games that were rare and sold for a lot of money on eBay have had their value drop significantly since they were re-released over the PSN (Suikoden, Castlevania Chronicles, etc etc). Even a SNES Chrono Trigger cartridge goes for a lot less than it did 10 years ago, due to all of the re-releases.

Look, if he actually sells it for $6000, good for him, and I will gladly admit I was wrong, but I really don't think he's gonna get that much for it

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

Firkraag

The value of the mortal used copies that people buy to play more than collect will surely drop in price, i'm not so sure about very rare factory sealed copies though. But I might be wrong.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

grenworthshero

Firkraag wrote:

The value of the mortal used copies that people buy to play more than collect will surely drop in price, i'm not so sure about very rare factory sealed copies though. But I might be wrong.

I think you might be right, but then, I wonder if the price of new copies is relative to the price of used.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Ninten

Look, someone even bought Valkyria Chronicles for 5000 dollars (or it was pounds, I don't know).

And if this seller manages to sell it for 6000 dollars then he is a lucky bastard.

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

MetalMario

I WANT IT

...but that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to steep a price.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Ramandus

Its graded, when an item is graded, its value goes up.

Seeing the brand new game reminds me of the Christmas I got it

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

Adam

Collectors are an amusing bunch.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

theblackdragon

lol, if you check the listing, it looks like his price has gone down -- you can Buy It Now for $5,000, or he'll apparently consider an offer of $4,000. guess no one was biting at $6,000... i wonder why :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.