General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Resident Evil!

Showing 21 to 40 of 136

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

21. Posted:

Machu wrote:

I would add to this thread, but it appears to be a vehicle for Waveboy to spam us with his opinions, most of which I disagree with.

Oh well, I'll wait for the next RE thread before commenting.

So what if you disagree with my opinions? I never realised this Thread was either about agreeing or disagreeing with me. We all have out personal tastes, why would disagreeing with me derail you from the thread?...Oh wait, because apperantly it's also a vehicle for me to spam like a maniac. I'm not spamming, I just get excited when anything Resident Evil is braught up. It's one of my favorite franchises, and it's something I could never get tired of talking about, since the horror genre regarding film is my favorite genre to begin with, let alone anything zombie related.

But eh, if you're going to be rude and cry about it then whatever.

So ta ta'
Don't forget to refill your baby bottle on the way out.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

22. Posted:

Alright!
a Thread about Jill Sandwich :p

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlackShyGuy

23. Posted:

Now that I think that I think about it, there has been only a very few times that I was actually frightened while playing a RE game. Lol in fact one of the only times I got scared was in RE4 when I was in the one house where a chainsaw guy was just right outside the door. Anyway I was looking for ammo and as I turn around my head got sawed off lol. Another time is when I first saw the regenerator and I thought I killed it when I shot its legs, I put the gamecube controller down on the desk to stretch (I was playing for a couple of hours) and the stupid regenerator started flopping like a damn fish on the floor around attacked me. The controller rumbled on the hard wood desk and it was so loud I tripped. Haha good times.

Wii U MAD?
Currently playing: Tales of Graces, Kid Icarus, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Resident Evil Revelations, and Kingdom Hearts BBS.
Huge fan of Tales games

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

24. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Alright!
a Thread about Jill Sandwich :p

Untitled

Edited on by Aviator

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eviLaTtenDant

25. Posted:

  • I have only once played through Resident Evil 2 yet. It was one of my first 3D gaming experiences. I was 14 years young then. The parts i can remember standing out were the first encounter with a Licker and the hands that reach through the barred windows every time you walk past them. That part always freaked me out no matter how often i walked by. I always knew they would reach for me but still was shocked everytime they did. Close second is the part in RE1 where the birds come flying through the windows. :)
  • I got RE3 but i found it too hectic to always have to flee that darn Nemesis. I quit playing very soon and never went back to it.
  • I couldn't really stand the atmosphere of RE4 for long. I never saw that damn traps and couldn't really shift well from carefully walking around to quickly locating and defeating the enemies. I've gotten to the point where you're surrounded in the house and have to shoot through the windows. While i especially liked the bosses until that point i couldn't make it any further at that time so i quit playing the game. I hope to get back to these games sometime though. To see if i'm able to beat them now. :)

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Axoloth

26. Posted:

Aww, now I wanna play RE. I never finished the REmake, might play that this weekend. I also never finished 0, even though I was so close to the end.

Anyway, my favourite is a tie between RE 2 and CV.
2 just because it was really good, and CV because, while it wasn't as good, I liked the convenience of just having one long story, in stead of playing through the same environments 4 times like in RE 2.

Oh, also, even though I didn't start playing the series until a couple of years ago, I've actually always loved the tank controls, and the suspension that comes with it.

Edited on by Axoloth

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the conversation

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Splat

27. Posted:

Resident Evil 4 > Everything else RE.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ravage

28. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Jill Sandwich :p

Now that is something I can get behind. ;)

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

29. Posted:

Splat wrote:

Resident Evil 4 > Everything else RE.

Agree :D

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

30. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

Resident Evil 4 > Everything else RE.

Agree :D

Why do I get the feeling that you guys never experienced RE1-3 among the other classic RE titles growing up? :p
If your introduction to the RE franchise was RE4, then of course you're going to like it better than the past installments as it's a giant upgrade regarding gameplay, it makes past RE games feel a bit ancient, clunky and dated in comparison. I guess you just had to of been there at the time to fully appreciate the amazingness of RE1-3. But to each their own. RE4 is a great game, but again i've got beef with the story, characters, setting, the lack of puzzles, hardly any back tracking and plot. But if you were to take those amazing RE4 Wii pointer free aiming controls and new camera angle and stick them in the Remake for example would of been amazing.

Oh and is a combination of prerendered and 3D graphics possible with RE4's styled gameplay? Because I seriously wonder how long it will take to match the pre-rendered environments graphically from the remake and Zero. Resident Evil 5 couldn't do it, hopefully next gen will be a different story.

RE 3.5 on the other hand had beautiful 3D backgrounds, I'm pretty annoyed that they scrapped that design of the game, it looked way more in tune with RE and graphically it even looked a bit more impressive.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

31. Posted:

And speaking of RE3.5 just look at how awesome it could of been....
Graphically it's incredibly impressive for a GCN game....Hell, the art direction and atmosphere alone imo beats the crap out of RE5's. RE4 by the looks of it couldn't even match RE3.5's graphics, look at how amazing some of the lighting was and it seemed to be a mixture of classic RE and RE4 since at times it seemed to switch to an RE4 camera/aiming perspective yet without the infered aimer.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dr_Salvador

32. Posted:

Well I think it's hard to line them all up one by one (well almost), but here goes:

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 1+3
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Actually, at first when I read about Resident Evil 4's new turn and the hole "NO ZOMBIES"-thing, I gave it up! But then I couldn't avoid hearing about it on the web, and after I read and saw some reviews I wanted to give it a chance! I'm very happy I did!!!
I still like all the old ones though, 1-3 & the remake, because they have a different gameplay to offer! I've been a huge RE fan from the beginning, actually the first RE was the reason I bought a PSX instead of the N64! And now the new Resident Evil's is the reason I'm buying a 3DS! ;)

Dr_Salvador

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

33. Posted:

Ya, RE: Revelations has me pumped beyond words, hopefully we get a big chunk of puzzle solving and back tracking. I'm just happy to see that zombies will be returning, that it looks darker and creepier and the fact that it's sporting 3D technology. :D
And I see CV is your least favorite of the bunch as well, mind explaining why? I've already made my Code Veronica rant. lol

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kingbuilder

34. Posted:

Oh, and did anyone else think Darkside Chronicles was as bad I did? I swore I was about to throw my controller at the screen next time I heard Steve crack another idiotic joke. D:

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

35. Posted:

lol Steve was defintily annoying in CV....Not to mention he's basically the 'Titanic' Leonardo Dicaprio of the RE universe. :p
But wasn't his acting and voice improved in Darkside Chronicles? I mean....you'd think so.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

36. Posted:

@WaveBoy Was the Elk head in that video a B.O.W.?

WaveBoy wrote:

Code Veronica was the first RE game to ditch those gorgeous and super detailed prerendered environments from RE1-3 in favor of ugly 3D blocky, barren and bland back drops...All because they wanted the camera to actually move with you at times instead of being static....Bad move, because this was a huge graphical downgrade and it kind of took me out of the experience and 'made' the experience far less haunting and atmospheric.

Capcom wasn't using rendered backdrops on the PSX because they were gorgeous or detailed, it was just the best anyone could do back then.
Untitled
Wow. It's been so long since I played a PSX game I almost forgot about mitten hands and motionless faces.

At the time, Code Veronica was a huge upgrade compared to previous games. I think a lot of people forget that it originally came out in early 2000. If anyone's curious about what people were saying when it was new and don't mind some spoilers, you can check out this old video review--I'd skip ahead to 1:46.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

37. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

There was nothing brilliant about a Tyrant armed with a rocket launcher. Nemesis was just a quick cash in on Resident Evil 2. Nothing more. It even reused a load of the same rendered backgrounds from RE2.

Yeah, I always felt the same way about part 3. It was still pretty good but It didn't really bring anything memorable to the table.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

38. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

@WaveBoy Was the Elk head in that video a B.O.W.?

WaveBoy wrote:

Code Veronica was the first RE game to ditch those gorgeous and super detailed prerendered environments from RE1-3 in favor of ugly 3D blocky, barren and bland back drops...All because they wanted the camera to actually move with you at times instead of being static....Bad move, because this was a huge graphical downgrade and it kind of took me out of the experience and 'made' the experience far less haunting and atmospheric.

Capcom wasn't using rendered backdrops on the PSX because they were gorgeous or detailed, it was just the best anyone could do back then.
Untitled
Wow. It's been so long since I played a PSX game I almost forgot about mitten hands and motionless faces.

At the time, Code Veronica was a huge upgrade compared to previous games. I think a lot of people forget that it originally came out in early 2000. If anyone's curious about what people were saying when it was new and don't mind some spoilers, you can check out this old video review--I'd skip ahead to 1:46.

You mean to tell me they didn't know how to create 3D environments at that time. I'm sure they did, but they knew the limatations of the PS1 and that it would result in far less detailed ugly and block environments which would completely take away from the atmosphere. The prerendered graphics had to of been the main reason why everybody was so floored by the graphics in RE1-3, without them the visuals would take a huge nose dive.

But i do agree with you regarding the Nemesis. i was never a big fan....Sure the idea of somebody stalking you throughout the game was a great idea, but the nemesis himself looked kind of tacky, not to mention he was sporting a rocket launcher. Besides, it wasn't exactly anything new if you played one of the 2nd Scenario's in RE2....Mr.X did it first. :p And as much as I enjoyed RE3, it felt more like a side game than a true full RE title. But the fact that you were wandering around racoon city totaly made up for it. I even loved how you could hear screams coming from the background at times.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

39. Posted:

@WaveBoy: I said my piece, then left. No need to get your knickers in a twist. I'm sorry. not

Btw, RE4 is by far the best, and yes, I played them in order. That includes Code Veronica, which I rather liked.

/me grabs bottle and leaves, again...

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

40. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

Resident Evil 4 > Everything else RE.

Agree :D

Why do I get the feeling that you guys never experienced RE1-3 among the other classic RE titles growing up? :p
If your introduction to the RE franchise was RE4, then of course you're going to like it better than the past installments as it's a giant upgrade regarding gameplay, it makes past RE games feel a bit ancient, clunky and dated in comparison. I guess you just had to of been there at the time to fully appreciate the amazingness of RE1-3. But to each their own. RE4 is a great game, but again i've got beef with the story, characters, setting, the lack of puzzles, hardly any back tracking and plot. But if you were to take those amazing RE4 Wii pointer free aiming controls and new camera angle and stick them in the Remake for example would of been amazing.

Oh and is a combination of prerendered and 3D graphics possible with RE4's styled gameplay? Because I seriously wonder how long it will take to match the pre-rendered environments graphically from the remake and Zero. Resident Evil 5 couldn't do it, hopefully next gen will be a different story.

RE 3.5 on the other hand had beautiful 3D backgrounds, I'm pretty annoyed that they scrapped that design of the game, it looked way more in tune with RE and graphically it even looked a bit more impressive.

Actually I played both Resident Evil 1 and 2 when they came out. They were ok I liked the idea behind them but yeah the reason I didnt get into the series I admit was due to the control scheme. I liked the games I just couldnt stand the controls, usually I would watch while one of my other friends play the games. When I heard about the controls for the Wii verison of RE 4 I decide to give the series another chance since they had a different control scheme. Also it helped that it was 10 bucks on Amazon so if I didnt end up liking it than it wouldnt have been a big lost. But yeah if they were to bring back 1-3 with the Wii controls than I would most certainly by them.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311