General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Resident Evil!

Showing 121 to 136 of 136

AuthorMessage

Link79

121. Posted:

Looks like the president gets infected somehow. Maybe they should've called it President Evil.
I have a feeling 6 will be way better than 5 was. I might just cave and buy a PS3 unless they announce it for Wii U. Now I'm suddenly in the mood to have a Resident Evil Marathon.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

ShadowChaos

122. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-emeUtUr9Y&feature=related

link in resident evil 4 epic!!

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

123. Posted:

"The citizens of Hyrule have finally had enough of Link"

lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

ShadowChaos

124. Posted:

So Wesker have a kid, who the mother then?

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

125. Posted:

An interesting read on IGN with Shinji Mikami about some info on the Resident Evil series: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/resident-evil-4-came-o...

The Resident Evil remake, a Nintendo GameCube exclusive, was one of the last games made by Mikami that had limitations on movement, inventory, and camera. Can survival horror go back to that? “It’s possible that I could make that kind of game. The Resident Evil remake is actually one of my favorites of the series too. But it didn't sell very well,” Mikami said. “Maybe there weren't many people ready to accept that. Because of the reaction to the Resident Evil remake, I decided to work more action into Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 would have been a more scary, horror-focused game if the remake had sold well.”

“With Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and all the rest of the series before Resident Evil 4, I was always saying to the staff, ‘Scaring the player is the number one thing.’ But for the first time, in Resident Evil 4, I told the team that fun gameplay is the most important thing. That’s what I said. Then the second thing [would be ] nothing. And then the third thing is to be scary."

It's a shame Resident Evil Remake did not sell very well. It's a great game.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

mamp

126. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

An interesting read on IGN with Shinji Mikami about some info on the Resident Evil series: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/resident-evil-4-came-o...

The Resident Evil remake, a Nintendo GameCube exclusive, was one of the last games made by Mikami that had limitations on movement, inventory, and camera. Can survival horror go back to that? “It’s possible that I could make that kind of game. The Resident Evil remake is actually one of my favorites of the series too. But it didn't sell very well,” Mikami said. “Maybe there weren't many people ready to accept that. Because of the reaction to the Resident Evil remake, I decided to work more action into Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 would have been a more scary, horror-focused game if the remake had sold well.”

“With Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and all the rest of the series before Resident Evil 4, I was always saying to the staff, ‘Scaring the player is the number one thing.’ But for the first time, in Resident Evil 4, I told the team that fun gameplay is the most important thing. That’s what I said. Then the second thing [would be ] nothing. And then the third thing is to be scary."

It's a shame Resident Evil Remake did not sell very well. It's a great game.

It's always fun and games until a beloved franchise gets ruined.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

127. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I have a feeling 6 will be way better than 5 was.

Good call on that one buddy! :p

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

128. Posted:

Heck, Revelations wasn't even as good as 5. ;) But i blame the mindless cheap shoot out 'in between' episodic filler used to extend the game, because if you take that Capjunk out of Revelations you're left with one of the better entries in the series. But as is, it's just a mixed bag of rotten-zombie candy corn.

Also, anybody else have no desire to even play 6? It's not resident evil anymore...the 3 demo's were just painful beyond babes & words! Maybe if they stuck with RE4, 5 and revelations 'classic' tank control scheme it wouldn't of been so bad, but as it controls like every other Dead Space/3rd person hooter on the bit block. it's also the ugliest looking 'Action' RE there is. poor art direction, lousy AI & enemies, uninspired cheesy enemy designs i could go on and on. And i hate the blurring effect on your characters backside whenever you're aiming. This game...is HORRIBLE!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

faint

129. Posted:

@WaveBoy
Resident Evil has always had junk games mixed in the good stuff.
RE Gaiden , RE Outbreak 2, RE Dead Aim, RE Zero just to name a few. It's always been a mixed bag.

Edited on by faint

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

130. Posted:

faint wrote:

@WaveBoy
Resident Evil has always had junk games mixed in the good stuff.
RE Gaiden , RE Outbreak 2, RE Dead Aim, RE Zero just to name a few. It's always been a mixed bag.

Except outside of Zero, those games you listed aren't even part of the main franchise. they're just random side games created by different dev teams.
Zero was alright, not as good as Revelation's main gameplay that took place on the ship with Jill, but still somewhat decent nonetheless but i big dissapointment after coming from the remake. love those giant bio weapon frogs, they weren't threatening in the slightest. It even sounds like Billy begins to laugh the moment one of those suckers gets a hold of your leg with it's tounge. :P

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

faint

131. Posted:

@WaveBoy

Revelations isn't numbered so would that make it outside the series? Also the games I mentioned all have core characters from the numbered series. Even if the team is different it is being overlooked by the creators. Ala ninty

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

132. Posted:

Revelations still has the same over the shoulder play style as RE4 & 5. The Outbreak series just seems like it's own thing. Usually when RE fans talk about the main franchise it doesn't include any of the oubreak titles, Dead Aim, Chronicles and Gaiden ect. But eh whatever floats your boat. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

133. Posted:

I didn't like 0, but I liked REmake, 4, and 5. 2 was ok, I guess. I never really played Revelations, either.

I haven't really played enough of the other ones to have an opinion, but Outbreak seemed interesting when I saw it. I heard alot of people didn't like it, though.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

134. Posted:

Wow I didn't even know that this forum existed! Awesome! I can't wait to become active in this one!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

135. Posted:

@Scar392
Did you get a chance to play RE2 before the other future titles back when it was released in the mid to late 90's on the PS1? I'd imagine it would be a total pain to dip back into preschool/new born 32-bit polygons after starting out with the remake or Zero back on the Cube. :p But yup, RE2 is usually considered thee' best of the traditional series, i'd personally tie it or slightly rank it above Nemesis, with RE1(PS1 version) taking the number one spot.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

136. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Scar392
Did you get a chance to play RE2 before the other future titles back when it was released in the mid to late 90's on the PS1? I'd imagine it would be a total pain to dip back into preschool/new born 32-bit polygons after starting out with the remake or Zero back on the Cube. :p But yup, RE2 is usually considered thee' best of the traditional series, i'd personally tie it or slightly rank it above Nemesis, with RE1(PS1 version) taking the number one spot.

Actually, I did exactly what you said. I used to watch my cousins play RE2 on PS1 when I was 5 or so('97). I was pretty interested, but I never got a chance to play RE until I was in middle school.

RE4 was actually my first RE. I got it opening week in 2005. I went to go buy Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, but they were sold out and I didn't want to leave empty handed :P My dad told the clerk it was okay for me to play M games, and the rest is history.

I was scared s***less ar first, but I loved the hell out of it by the time I got to the Los Illuminados castle. Then I bought the whole series on GCN at GS for $70, besides Code Veronica. It was pretty hard going from REmake to RE2, but I still liked the story and cutscenes.

RE5 was OK. I had it on PS3, and I used own the Mercernary mode(on RE4, as well). It just seems like the RE4 on anything besides GCN is flawed, IMO. The enemies just seemed to show up when they should on the GCN version in Mercernary mode, and the chainsaw man isn't a seizure fest.

EDIT: I just want to throw in, that I think Capcom went with the Las Plagas to make the idea of zombues more plausible. Zombies are awesome, because they kind of make no sense, but a parasite seems more believable, because everything involved in that phenomenon is still alive, vs. undead. Zombies are basically canibals, so it doesn't really make sense, and there would eventually be no food.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²