Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,574

shingi_70

Agent Carter is probably my favorite comic show this season.

I'd disagree that they made her too super, its in line of what we've seen in prior apperances and she's going to be the director of shield so her being awesome makes sense. I'll have to watch the show over again later this week.

As for Ant-man while the trailer was a bit boring i'm still excited, once we saw the suit and the shrinking they had me. The story beats of ant-man being a far more personal story about two guys who bond over their daughters and fighting crime looks great. It will be nice to have a film smaller in scope after Age of Ultron and I think I understand why this will be the last of the Phase II material.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Its the Age of Ultron folks

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Spoony_Tech

Can't wait!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

I didn't know Agent Carter was on now. I was just scrolling through the program list on Hulu and saw it listed there so naturally I had to check it out.

I have to say I really enjoyed it alot. I liked the fact that she is more James Bondish type then some all powerful Superhero and it's and I really enjoyed all the stuff they pulled from the MCU even the little stuff like Vanko and even got a chuckle when I heard that Howard Stark's butler's last name is Jarvis. Good stuff indeed and I am actually enjoying this alot more then Shield. Looking forward to the next episode.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

So the first teaser trailer came out for the new Fantastic Four movie and I have to ask, Am I the only one that does not care about this movie? I mean I kinda of enjoyed the last two FF movies but all the changes they did to this one just turns me off to this one. I feel about the same way about this Fantastic Four movie as I do about the Amazing Spiderman series.

What are your guys thoughts on the new Fantastic Four movie?

My Backlog

ThePirateCaptain

I'm pretty mixed on the new Fantastic Four as well. I wasn't a huge fan of the previous two movies, but I do think they had pretty good casting. This cast is just kind of odd to me. I think Miles Teller really fits Mr. Fantastic, but all the other casting choices are just weird to me. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing the previous cast and this looks way too similar, but I'll have to reserve my judgement for when the film actually releases.

I know people love to hate on The Amazing Spider-Man series, but I thought it at least felt different enough from the Sam Raimi series to stand on its own. This to me just feels way to similar to what we've already seen.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Rezalack

CapnPancakes wrote:

I know people love to hate on The Amazing Spider-Man series, but I thought it at least felt different enough from the Sam Raimi series to stand on its own. This to me just feels way to similar to what we've already seen.

I've been cautiously optimistic about Fantastic Four since the beginning. I liked some of the cast and actually wanted the movie to be good. The trailer has given me even more hope that it will be. If the tone in the trailer is anything to go by, I'm happy with that direction. Looking forward to seeing the next trailer.

I don't think this feels or looks anything like the last Fantastic Four movies at all. It feels more like the polar opposite.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

ThePirateCaptain

Rezalack wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

I've been cautiously optimistic about Fantastic Four since the beginning. I liked some of the cast and actually wanted the movie to be good. The trailer has given me even more hope that it will be. If the tone in the trailer is anything to go by, I'm happy with that direction. Looking forward to seeing the next trailer.

I don't think this feels or looks anything like the last Fantastic Four movies at all. It feels more like the polar opposite.

I agree that it looks a lot darker and more serious, but It's another origin story with Doctor Doom as the villain. Again, I'm still reserving my opinion until I actually watch the movie.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

iKhan

Thoughts on the daredevil trailer?

IMO it looks pretty good, but also really similar to Arrow. Unless this is drastically better, I can't see myself watching it.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

Thoughts on the daredevil trailer?

IMO it looks pretty good, but also really similar to Arrow. Unless this is drastically better, I can't see myself watching it.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Tasuki

Finally got around to watching Xmen Days of Future Past and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Much better then Xmen The Last Stand. It was neat to see the old actors and the new actors though I was hoping the older actors had bigger parts but oh well. One of my favorite story arcs I will say and now I am hyped to see Age of Apocalypse.

My Backlog

HawkeyeWii

@iKhan I thought the show looks pretty interesting. The trailer itself looks better than 2003 Affleck movie. I do agree, it looks similar to Arrow, but if I had a nickel for every time Arrow stole elements from The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

iKhan

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@iKhan I thought the show looks pretty interesting. The trailer itself looks better than 2003 Affleck movie. I do agree, it looks similar to Arrow, but if I had a nickel for every time Arrow stole elements from The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Yeah, I don't blame it, but I don't think I can handle watching two shows that are so similar at the same time.

iKhan

Okay, who should be cast in the new reboot?

Grant Gustin is my big pick for Peter/Spidey

I don't know about the rest.

jump

They need to get a teenager for the role, that's when Spidey is at his best and it's something the movies still haven't properly tapped into.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

arronishere wrote:

They need to get a teenager for the role, that's when Spidey is at his best and it's something the movies still haven't properly tapped into.

There aren't many teenage actors who are particularly great actors though. Really the main one of note is Asa Butterfield, and if you ask me, he doesn't really fit the part well.

I think getting a baby faced actor in their 20's is perfectly fine.

Platypus

I think it's safe to say Marvel will just give us anything we ask for at this point.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Melkac

Platypus wrote:

I think it's safe to say Marvel will just give us anything we ask for at this point.

Except for the old release dates for all movies after GOTG2...

Melkac

iKhan

Platypus wrote:

A "Tales of" style RPG with Avengers characters?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic