Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,574

Ryu_Niiyama

I do hope the success of the movies spawns another good video game. I need another alliance game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

shingi_70

As far as Disney is concerned Infinity is your console game and you have 3 separate games to play.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

So Benedict Cumberbatch is the MCU's Doctor Strange.
Untitled
Untitled

Kristen Ritter is Jessica Jones
Untitled
Untitled

Mike Colter is Luke Cage
Untitled
Untitled

It sounds like Daredevil will be standalone, but Luke and Jessica will be recurring or supporting characters in each other series. It makes sense seiing that all the defenders expect Daredevil tend to be grouped together.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Spoony_Tech

Benedict will make a good Dr. Strange with his rather weird facial expressions he did in Star Trek.

Can't wait for Shield in an hour!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

the_shpydar

I hate mid-season finales, they always have awesome stuff happening and now we have to wait!

Terrigen crystals inside the Diviner. Terrigen Mists being released. Fracking TERRIGENESIS!
Skye's dad's name is Cal = further support for the Mr. Hyde theory, and Skye being named Daisy = further support for the Daisy Johnson theory (not to mention the quake going on, that helps too! )
And R.I.P., Trip.

Awesome episode. Damn.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Spoony_Tech

My dvr is acting up and I hope I got the whole episode. I know for a fact I missed the first 3 mins or so.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

Dude, I know right the inhumans were always my theory but too see the actual mists and terrgenesis before the movie in 2018 actual astounds me. You can tell that Marvel/Disney wants the Inhumans to be a their MCU xmen so they're starting the seeds early. Its actually pretty smart to start bringing in inhumans now, since the film will focus on the royal family. I bet Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are inhuman as well.
The Daisy Johnson and Mister Hyde stuff was confirmed by the showrunners and marvel after the episode aired. It was said early on when the series premired by the showrunners that the theme of the show would be about Origins and through out the show we would see Skye and that she was a named character from 616 from the start. Last year was the origin of deathlok and this year is Quake.
-Now who's gonna bring the pop and the funk

The wait till march will be long but we have this to keep us companies.

Untitled

WAT!

Ryu_Niiyama

I felt bad for Trip. I grew up with the actor (he is a few years older than me) so it was amusing to see him on the small screen.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

UTXGamer

Fantastic episode. This season has really been great. Last season felt so slow, then Cap 2 is released and all hell breaks loose the final few episodes. This season they aren't just waiting for the movies to release, they are actually affecting the MCU themselves. Surprised Marvel is allowing the show to introduce new characters/worlds to the MCU but its very cool. Allows the show to play a more integral role in the MCU whereas last year they were more bystanders being affected by what the movies were doing.

Trip dying gave me the sads but kind of had a feeling it was coming. 1. He wasn't upgraded to series regular. 2. This being Skye/Daisy's origin story, they wanted to associate some sort of tragedy with her gaining her powers, that leaves 5 possible characters that could die: Coulson, May, Fitz, Simmons, Trip.....somewhat obvious choice as they aren't going to kill off one of the original team members so quickly(if at all).

Gonna be a long wait for the return but as said above, at least we have Hayley Atwell to keep us company until then.

Edited on by UTXGamer

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

Spoony_Tech

I'm not really feeling Agent Carter. I hope I'm wrong but it's going to be a long wait for me. I wonder what they have planned for the rest of the season as it will be starting up pretty close to the movie release.

MERG said:

shingi_70

Really excted for Carter myself, but after the inhumans reveal the wait will become extra long.

Untitled

Sounds like the Sony/Marvel deal for spider-man is back on the table after the sony leaks. It sounds like they're going to Hulk the Amazing series by alluding they did happen and Civil War starts with spider-man being active for around two years and pulled into the avengers fold by Tony and given the Iron Spider Suit. It does make me wonder how Black Panther will factor into the story

edit:. The email also confirms that Civil War will be about Registered vs Unreigstered heroes with super powers. So I Wonder how it will work since the amount of heroes or people with powers in the MCU is so small. Even by 2016 we'd probably only have

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Patriot
The Falcon
Winter Solider
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
The Vision
Deathlok
Skye
Raina
Mockingbird
Daredevil
Jessica
Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Ant-man
Hope Van Dyne

The list would still be small even when adding in super villians.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

iKhan

Some words of advice for anyone interested in the Marvel Experience Tour.

DONT GO. The site claims that its intended for older fans, but that's a marketing lie. It's really designed for kids.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

How was it?

So big couple of weeks for Marvel and the MCU.

On Thursday we get the two hour premire of Agent Carter.

During that same premiere were going to get the first trailer for Ant-man.

Than just a week later the second trailer for Avengers Age of Ultron during the college football playoffs on the 12th.

Plus a host of new books starting up on the publishing side of things.

To capitalize on Agent Carter a 5 issue mini series titled Operation S.I.N. being written Kathryn Immonen with art by Rich Ellis. Its a tale set in the 1950s having Peggy Carter team up with Howard Stark to fight aliens and hydra.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=25321
Untitled

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl by Ryan North with Erica Henderson on art duties. Its a slice of life book similar to Ms.Marvel, Batgirl and the new Harley Quinn title.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=25308
Untitled

Ant-man by the creative team of Nick Spencer and Ramon Rosanas and will be about Scott Lang recently brought back from the dead as he works for Tony Stark. You will probably see his daughter, hank Pym, and other Ant-man related characters to pop in and out.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=25310
Untitled

Secret Avengers by Rick Remender and Daniel Acuna. Its less of a new book and more of relaunching and a second season of the story. Following the events of the Axis event the Unity team is back on counter earth.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=25327
Untitled

Wolverines a new weekly series from Charles Soule, Ray Fawkes and others and it follows the aftermath of Death of Wolverine on who will succeed him.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=25326
Untitled

Plus coming in the coming months are

Hawkeye #1 by Jeff Lemire and Ramon Perez
Untitled

Howard the Duck by Chip Zdarsky and Joe Quinones
Untitled

Than the big one the big conclusion to Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run

Secret Wars
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

How was it?

Bad. 3/10.

The theming was nice. Better than even Universal Islands of Adventure. But the attraction itself was lame. It started with a bunch of simple but functional Kinect games. Then there was this awful shooting game that had a massive line. The framerate was a slideshow, and the shooting was a mess with the number of people involved. There were a few attractions I skipped like a climbing wall and stealth game, but they didn't seem that cool.

Then there was the theatre and ride which were okay, but nothing special. I know the characters in the setup for rides tend to be simplistic, but these were super kiddie. In the end a disappointment and a lie.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

the_shpydar

I am psyched for the Squirrel Girl book. That girl rocks.

I'm also interested in Ant-Man, since i dig Scott Lang's Ant-Man (i like Pym better as just Hank Pym, and i never warmed up to O'Grady). Cassie Lang just got brought back from the dead (she had sacrificed her life to resurrect her dad) by Doctor Doom during the Axis crossover/event, so i'm curious to see how all that plays out.

I'll miss Fraction's Hawkeye, but i love the character and hopefully the book sticks to what Fraction was doing with it.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

I loved Superior Foes of Spider-man and Spencer said Ant-man will have a similar tone to it. Hawkeye will be a bittersweet ending, its the book that sort of kicked off Marvel infusing their books with indie senabilites. I loved Lemire's Green Arrow run so i'll be interested in seeing what he does for the Hawkeyes.

Best thing about Hawkeye were the Kate Bishop centric issues/
Untitled
Untitled

I'd kill for a Hawkeye MCU movie or series.

WAT!

Spoony_Tech

Agent Carter was better then I anticipated. Excited to see what happens next.

I think they made her a little bit too super though as I wasn't expecting her to basically be a Marvel superhero lol.

As for the Ant-Man trailer, I'm not sure what to think. What was shown was ok but since I know zero about him I guess that's yo be expected. Of course I knew nothing about GotG and that turned out well. Marvel hasn't let me down yet so I'm sure I'll see it the first or second weekend.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

the_shpydar

I rather enjoyed Agent Carter., definitely looking forward to the rest of the run (anyone notice that Dum Dum Dugan was in the "upcoming scenes" bit at the end? Sweet!). Hayley Atwell is awesome, and the remainder of the supporting cast is rather good as well — i mean, Ray Wise as the head of Roxxon? Excellent! I wouldn't say that they made her too "super" though, more of just a bit action-hero-y or James Bond-ish in the fight scenes.

The Ant-Man trailer actually has me interested in the movie for the first time. I definitely like Paul Rudd, and as i mentioned above, i am a fan of the Scott Lang character. Looks like they are sticking fairly true to his origin, with the criminal background and daughter Cassie being ill and all. I might have to check it out when it hits the theatre (cuz i'll eventually see it one way or another, i mean it is a Marvel flick, lol).

The Shpydarloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic