General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Showing 661 to 680 of 720

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

661. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

So what do you all think of Marvel changing Thor to a woman?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/07/15/thor-is-now-w...

Though I find it annoying that DC and Marvel keep changing the core of characters for what seems to be the sake of it, this seems alright. Kind of interested, I might actually get the comic to check it out.

Anyone read the new Spider-Man 2099? It was good stuff.. looking forward to the next one. This months Moon Knight was GREAT, probably the best one of this run so far. Makes me sad that Ellis is only doing 1 more issue. Definitely worth giving it a read.

Another surprisingly good comic that came out this month, even though it's not Marvel (or DC) is "The Life After".

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

662. Posted:

Think of how much money would be involved for an official live action version of this:

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

663. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

So what do you all think of Marvel changing Thor to a woman?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/07/15/thor-is-now-w...

Though I find it annoying that DC and Marvel keep changing the core of characters for what seems to be the sake of it, this seems alright. Kind of interested, I might actually get the comic to check it out.

Anyone read the new Spider-Man 2099? It was good stuff.. looking forward to the next one. This months Moon Knight was GREAT, probably the best one of this run so far. Makes me sad that Ellis is only doing 1 more issue. Definitely worth giving it a read.

Another surprisingly good comic that came out this month, even though it's not Marvel (or DC) is "The Life After".

The way they put it makes it seem more like Thor is a title and not a person so I'm ok with it as well. Not too many characters can make this swing over this easily though.

Btw, who's going to go see Gardians of the Galaxy opening weekend? I should be or at the very least the following weekend. Can't wait to see how it all ties into the Avengers world!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

664. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech Yeah, I guess they did kind of make it feel like a title and I suppose it is, but Thor is his name. Having the hammer is the title.. it's just strange that they made her look exactly like Thor. I'm curious to see what it's all about regardless. I'm not even a big fan of Thor either way and don't think I've actually read any of his comics, but this has actually made me want to check it out. Does that sound dumb? lol

Also, GotG looks amazing. I don't think I've looked forward to a Marvel movie as much as I have this one since The Avengers. I have high hopes for it. I really hope they let this movie stand on it's own though for the most part. I don't want to see any tie-ins into the other movies until the end credits or very late in the movie. Let it be it's own. I hope for the same with the Ant-Man movie, but we'll see how that goes..

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

665. Posted:

@Spuratis: Its too late they already linked GotG to the same world as Avengers at the end of Thor: The Dark World.

As going to go see it it will probably be awhile for me, I still need to see Captain America 2, Xmen DoFP before I see GotG.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

666. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Spuratis: Its too late they already linked GotG to the same world as Avengers at the end of Thor: The Dark World.

As going to go see it it will probably be awhile for me, I still need to see Captain America 2, Xmen DoFP before I see GotG.

Yes they have but I think I know what he means. Other then the artifact that Thanatos is looking for they don't have to link it in any other way other then the very end ie no other Avengers in the movie or even mentioned till the very end. I can see why he wants it to stand on its own. It needs to be 99% GotG and 1% Avengers.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

667. Posted:

Yup, that's exactly what I meant. I saw the end scene in Thor and it just hyped me up even more for GotG. I can't wait to see more of Benecio Del Toro as the Collector.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

668. Posted:

Think i'm going to call the friday Guardians comes out to go see it.

@Spoony_Tech @Spuratis

Well we know of a few connections to the rest of the MCU.

s.h.i.e.l.d. shows up at the start of the film apart of starlord's Origin.
In the trailers we see a giant Chitiuri head which i'm guessing is left over from the avengers.
Than you have Thanos and the Infinty stones.

But very much yes the film should stand on its own.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
[img]http://i.imgur.com/HObHPM7.jpg/img]
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Also some Info about the film
[quote]
he good guys are tired, S.H.I.E.L.D. has been destroyed, and there’s no one else for the planet to turn to when menace looms on the horizon. Everyone wants a break—and that’s exactly how they’re about to be broken. There’s no abdicating heroism./uote]

“What you said about abdication is apt, but I think it’s also about recognizing limitations,” Robert Downey Jr. says. “The downside of self-sacrifice is that if you make it back, you’ve been out there on the spit and you’ve been turned a couple times and you feel a little burned and traumatized.”For better or worse (trust us, it’s worse), his Tony Stark has devised a plan that won’t require him to put on the Iron Man suit anymore, and should allow Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and the Hulk to get some much needed R&R as well. His solution is Ultron, self-aware, self-teaching, artificial intelligence designed to help assess threats, and direct Stark’s Iron Legion of drones to battle evildoers instead.
[/color]The only problem? Ultron (played by James Spader through performance-capture technology) lacks the human touch, and his superior intellect quickly determines that life on Earth would go a lot smoother if he just got rid of Public Enemy No. 1: Human beings. “Ultron sees the big picture and he goes, ‘Okay, we need radical change, which will be violent and appalling, in order to make everything better’; he’s not just going ‘Muhaha, soon I’ll rule!’” Whedon says, rubbing his hands together.

Film opens with an experienced Avengers team battling Baron von Strucker, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch at their base.
After the battle, the team celebrates in Stark’s Avengers Tower.
FEIGE: Last time we saw Stark Tower, from The Avengers, it had gotten beat up a little bit thanks to Hulk and thanks to Loki and the Chituari, and Pepper and Tony were standing over a table looking at plans” he explained. “That’s where we pulled out and all the letters had fallen away except the ‘A’ in Stark. So what they were doing was retro-fitting for The Avengers. And that’s what we see in this next film.

Avengers Tower will be a huge set piece/base. Banner and Stark will have a lab together – big hanger for modified team Quinjets – the works.
FEIGE: “S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone – for people who are following along. S.H.I.E.L.D. was disbanded and brought down at the end of The Winter Soldier because it turned out to not be the best organization ever. So Tony’s bank-rolling The Avengers now. And he’s bank-rolling their headquarters. So it’s now Avengers Tower.

“Tony designed it so in addition to a hanger for a brand-new Quinjet, laboratories, places where he can build and store his Iron Man suits, there are I believe two bars. Beautiful multiple space living rooms which are perfect for parties and social gatherings. But it’s a primary location in the film this time around.”

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

669. Posted:

Why are so many people on the internet angry that Tor is now female. I think as long as the story is perfectly fine than it shouldn't matter if the new thor a female. Its Thor(male) fault if he was unworthy for mjolnir and this new woman was.

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

670. Posted:

@Sleepingmudkip

People would rather DC and Marvel try and promote characters that either already exist or new characters much more. She's going to be thor which is all good and well but proper thor will be back in the saddle once Avengers 2 hits and she'll be relegated to side character status.

Marvel has done the promotion much better with Captain Marvel, Ms.Marvel and maybe Angela.

I feel the same way about Falcon being the new Cap, its cool but I'd rather Marvel launch a Falcon series after the postive response in Winter Solider.

Hopefully female thor gets a Solo and so does Falcon after Steve and Proper Thor come back.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

671. Posted:

Today is the Marvel TV SDCC Panel so we should hear more on Shield, Agent carter, and the netflix stuff.

More more stuff for the MCU before the film panel.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Platypus

672. Posted:

OH MAN! Guardians was INCREDIBLE! Be sure to see it. It may just be the greatest Marvel film so far. And that end credit scene.....oh man.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

673. Posted:

That's what I want to hear!! I'll be seeing it on Sunday, can't wait!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

674. Posted:

I just saw it at noon and it was really good! I won't say it's the 'best', because everyone always says that about the most recent Marvel movie they have seen, but it will likely be in my top 3 when the dust has settled.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

675. Posted:

I'm going to try and catch it sometime this week, maybe Wednesday

Think i'm going to add some Marvel to my Pull list once I go through and sort it out next month. Right now i'm only reading

She-hulk
Untitled

Ms.Marvel
Untitled

Captain Marvel
Untitled

I'll probably be adding

All new Captain America
Untitled

Cap and the mighty Avengers
Untitled

Thor #1
Untitled

Superior Iron Man
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

676. Posted:

@Shingi_70
Great books, all. I too am looking forward to Falcon-Cap, much more than i was for Bucky-Cap (who i never really cared for)
But you should also be checking out Hawkeye, which is one of the best books on the stands today, period. :)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

677. Posted:

Well it was definitely different then the norm from the last 6-7 year's. I enjoyed it enough but though about half of the humor was lame but the other half was really good. It felt like a mash of both Star Wars and Trek to me which isn't a bad thing at all. Definitely ranks near the top of the Marvel movies but not my favorite.

My text to a friend just now about the Gardians movie. It definitely has a certain sass about it.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

678. Posted:

The Marvel phase 1 and 2 recap from sdcc.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

679. Posted:

guardians of the galaxy was the best movie of the summer.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

680. Posted:

Marvel has done it again! Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Marvel movie since the original Iron Man. It is that good! Not only is it the best action movie of the summer, it is the funniest movie I have seen all year!
I'd kind of like the soundtrack on an actual cassette tape.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii