General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Showing 621 to 640 of 749

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

621. Posted:

So today I start of my Xmen marathon so that way on my day off my brother and I can go see Days of Future Past. So I figured they go in this order

Xmen Origins: Wolverine
First Class
Xmen
X2
Last Stand
The Wolverine

If I am wrong let me know but I think that's the order.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

622. Posted:

Its a good watch. Garfield nails spiderman in this one. What were your main problems with ASM1.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

623. Posted:

@Tasuki

Some parts of origins are before first class and others are after it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

624. Posted:

Go watch it. I wasn't big on the first one either, and I really want to hear what someone with a similar opinion to me thinks of it. I haven't seen it yet. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

625. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

@Tasuki

Some parts of origins are before first class and others are after it.

Yeah that one I had a hard time picking which one goes first cause the almost happen at the same time. The only reason I picked Origins was because it started in the 1800's.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

GregDavisBlows

626. Posted:

I saw Days of Future Past today and I thought it was excellent. I would say it was better than Cap 2 since DoFP wasn't as predictable and the cast was simply amazing. Quiksilver was so awesome in the movie that Joss Whedon should have Kitty Pryde send his consciousness to the past so he wouldn't put Quiksilver in Avengers 2 because there is no chance his version of the character will be as good.

I found it hard, it's hard to find / Oh well, whatever, nevermind

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

627. Posted:

I'd wait and watch Age of Ultron first before you instantly judge that version of Quicksilver. Remember what happened before DoFP came out? Everybody thought that DoFP's version was going to be garbage. Now it turned out he was awesome. Things could go the same way for AOU.

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

628. Posted:

camerica1618 wrote:

I'd wait and watch Age of Ultron first before you instantly judge that version of Quicksilver. Remember what happened before DoFP came out? Everybody thought that DoFP's version was going to be garbage. Now it turned out he was awesome. Things could go the same way for AOU.

Only difference being that a lot of MCU fans have been raving about Whedon's Quicksilver saying that he was going to blow the DOFP Quicksilver out of the water. Based solely on appearance and the actor.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

GregDavisBlows

629. Posted:

I know I'm in a very small minority but I was more excited for Brian Singers' Quicksilver than I was Joss' version. For the life of me I can't understand why he would want a mutant who happens to be Magneto's son in his movie. In my cynical opinion I think he just wanted to piss of Fox and possibly make the Flash look like a knock off if DC ever got him to the silver screen.

Edited on by GregDavisBlows

I found it hard, it's hard to find / Oh well, whatever, nevermind

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

630. Posted:

BieberBlows wrote:

I know I'm in a very small minority but I was more excited for Brian Singers' Quicksilver than I was Joss' version. For the life of me I can't understand why he would want a mutant who happens to be Magneto's son in his movie. In my cynical opinion I think he just wanted to piss of Fox and possibly make the Flash look like a knock off if DC ever got him to the silver screen.

Because canonically in the comics Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch didn't know he was their father until about nine years they had been avengers. Even since than they've been Avengers chactera and barley interacted with the xmen unless something big like AVX and house of M went down.

Its not even about wanting to be flash to the screen. (Which won't happen thanks to the TV series) but all of the new charcters for Age of Ultron are usually grouped together.

Hawkeye and Cap are getting bigger roles and in the comics Hawkeye, Witch, and silver joined the Avengers together. Ultron made the vision who married Scarlet Witch and had Wiccan and his brother who are young avengers.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

631. Posted:

Whedon has also stated that the twins are two of his favorite comic book characters. So I don't blame him for wanting them in the movie.

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

632. Posted:

I saw Days of Future Past for the 2nd time. I just can't get over how awesome the Quicksilver scene is. I also noticed and soaked in a lot more things the second time through. Yes this movie is that good! Most people have those excited feelings when leaving a movie the first time and say crazy things like "that was the best movie ever" After seeing it twice I have come to the verdict that it is not only the very best X-Men movie, but also in my top 3 super hero movies of all-time.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

iKhan

633. Posted:

Nothing to do with DoFP, but does anyone think Ultimate Spider-man will get replaced with a Spider-man animated series that's not s*** in the near future?

The Spider fan inside me dies a little bit every time a new episode airs.

Edited on by iKhan

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-explains-why-ridley-isnt-a-fighter-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

634. Posted:

Dang I got called into work tomorrow so I had to call my brother and take a raincheck on seeing Days of Future Past with him. :( Oh well I guess the will give me time to finish watching the Xmen movies before I see that one.

So far I have watched

Xmen Origins
First Class
Xmen

Tonight I will watch X2 (which is my favorite out of the original three).

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

635. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Dang I got called into work tomorrow so I had to call my brother and take a raincheck on seeing Days of Future Past with him. :( Oh well I guess the will give me time to finish watching the Xmen movies before I see that one.

So far I have watched

Xmen Origins
First Class
Xmen

Tonight I will watch X2 (which is my favorite out of the original three).

Work, work is good!

Its been forever since I've seen the first 2 x-men and I've never seen any of the others. Now that my wife is totally into Marvel she is expressing interest especially after seeing a certain someone(s) at the end of the last Cap movie. It will be a perfect time for me to get to see the rest of the X-Men movies.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

636. Posted:

Charlie Cox was cast as the new Daredevil.

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

637. Posted:

camerica1618 wrote:

Charlie Cox was cast as the new Daredevil.

Though I'm not super familiar with the Daredevil comics, I'm happy with this choice. I liked him in Boardwalk Empire.. excited to see how he does as Daredevil.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

iKhan

638. Posted:

I'm kind of spitballing here, but has anyone considered how awesome the Spider-man movie reboot could have been if it centered around a major crime boss like the many of the animated series did?

I mean, imagine if in the first movie, after the lizard was created, the Kingpin showed up and captured his family, threatening him and demanding that he kill Spider-man.

It could have taken a new direction just like Nolan's Batman film.

inb4TASMwasamazingmovieurcrazyshutup

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-explains-why-ridley-isnt-a-fighter-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

639. Posted:

iKhan wrote:

I'm kind of spitballing here, but has anyone considered how awesome the Spider-man movie reboot could have been if it centered around a major crime boss like the many of the animated series did?

I mean, imagine if in the first movie, after the lizard was created, the Kingpin showed up and captured his family, threatening him and demanding that he kill Spider-man.

You can kind of picture "Oscorp" being that crime boss in some sense. I don't think Kingpin would be that great in the movies. I also don't like TASM, haven't seen the second one yet but if it's as ridiculously corny as the first one, I'll probably regret watching it. I plan to see it as soon as it hits Blu-Ray with hopes that it will be decent..

I mean.. yeah, I suppose if somehow the Lizard was forced to go after Peter by Kingpin it would have been a little different and you could at least feel for the Lizard. They could even possibly team up in the end to try and get his family back, but still.. Lizard attacked Spider-Man in this movie regardless of needing someone to force him to do it. The fact that he wanted to turn the whole city into Lizard people though, that was just.. bad, lol.

They did take it in a new direction from the other Spider-Man movies, just not in the right one. I was so excited to hear they were using The Lizard in TASM when it was announced that I just couldn't wait.. then they showed his appearance and I was just shocked by how bad it was. There is some cheesy stuff in the Spider-Man movies, but they took the cheese to a whole new level in TASM.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

iKhan

640. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

iKhan wrote:

You can kind of picture "Oscorp" being that crime boss in some sense. I don't think Kingpin would be that great in the movies. I also don't like TASM, haven't seen the second one yet but if it's as ridiculously corny as the first one, I'll probably regret watching it. I plan to see it as soon as it hits Blu-Ray with hopes that it will be decent..

I mean.. yeah, I suppose if somehow the Lizard was forced to go after Peter by Kingpin it would have been a little different and you could at least feel for the Lizard. They could even possibly team up in the end to try and get his family back, but still.. Lizard attacked Spider-Man in this movie regardless of needing someone to force him to do it. The fact that he wanted to turn the whole city into Lizard people though, that was just.. bad, lol.

They did take it in a new direction from the other Spider-Man movies, just not in the right one. I was so excited to hear they were using The Lizard in TASM when it was announced that I just couldn't wait.. then they showed his appearance and I was just shocked by how bad it was. There is some cheesy stuff in the Spider-Man movies, but they took the cheese to a whole new level in TASM.

I feel like TASM feels more like a new director with a new cast in the same series, akin to Batman Forever or Home Alone 3, in that while there is a clear shift, it's not the dramatic shift like the Nolan Batman movies.

But yeah, I think they were trying to make Oscorp this big evil company, but they didn't do it well. I'd much rather see a character like Kingpin was in the 90's series or Tombstone was in TASM.

I might make a "What if TASM was good" video like Belated Media's "What if the Star Wars Prequels were good" video