General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Showing 541 to 560 of 721

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

541. Posted:

What I meant by B-Actors.. was for example, I'll use Smallville an older TV show. While this show had some good episodes, a lot of the cast didn't have the charm and ability that a lot of the big screen actors do. While I DO agree that TV is a lot better than movies today, I don't feel that way about Super-Hero TV shows. Arrow for example, a lot of people are expecting and wanting him to make an appearance on the big screen with Batman/Superman, but I just don't see it happening. Nobody from that show feels like they could hold their own with the actors that would be playing Batman/Superman. Same with the Agents of Shield for that matter, then again.. I almost consider Coulson a B-actor just because he feels so cheesy sometimes. I just can't get into any of the TV Super-Hero shoes, even the Flash is already looking cheesy, unfortunately. I hear a LOT of good things about Arrow's second season, but I haven't watched it because I can't get through a couple episodes of the first. I was never big into DC either outside of Batman, so that probably doesn't help.

I know I probably sound like a snob, but I'm just giving you my thoughts on the subject of TV Series merging with Movies. A lot of the best TV shows now, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, True Detective, Hannibal (IMO), have A-Actors as their leads. That's what makes them so good.. The actors matter to me because it takes them to give the characters life and make me care and feel for them. Then again, maybe it's the writing that needs to be better.. that and the budget. That's just my two cents on the matter.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

542. Posted:

Arrow is probably the best comic book related thing since Iron Man 1 and Avengers. Fun fact George Cloony started off in a terrible Below B-teir attack of the killer tomatoes movie. Its the thing where you get someone like agent sitwell's who's been in alot of the MCU stuff both on TV and in film.

Another note is that the rumored Sucide Squad movie would be in the Man of Steel Universe would use the same cast the team had on Arrow.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

543. Posted:

I can't really judge Arrow at all. I haven't given it a chance other than a couple episodes from the first season which didn't interest me, I like Villains and it seemed to lack them. All the pics from season 2 that I've seen have actually made me want to watch it, but I don't feel like watching the first season because I've heard it's really slow in comparison and there's other things I'd rather be doing. I know a couple pictures of villains that I've seen have really piqued my interest.. particularly the ones of Slade? The dude with the scarecrow-eske mask. I really don't know the guys name, but he looks menacing. That alone has made me want to watch Season 2.

I have no idea who Suicide Squad is seeing as I don't pay much attention to DC, I've heard of them but not sure who it consists of. If they can tie it into that universe and give it a similar feel I'm all for giving it a chance. The more super-hero stuff, the better.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

544. Posted:

One of the things I'm most excited about for AOU is how all the Avengers will come together this time around. Most of them seem to be pretty busy,

Iron Man - he's suit less
Thor - out wherever living with Jane
Captain America - I won't spoil exactly what he's doing but I WILL say that he and Falcon are very busy after the events of Cap 2.
Black Widow - Same as Cap except she's doing her own thing
Hulk - I have no idea
Hawkeye- After the events of Cap 2.....I have no idea where he'd be.

I seriously can't wait to see what will happen. What do you guys think?

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

545. Posted:

@camerica1618

Well despite being busy AOS and Winter Solider kind of confirms that they've been keeping it touch. In With her Solider it reveals Stark Tower in New York has been redubbed Avengers Tower.

As for your questions

Iron Man 3- Remember Age of Ultron is still timeline wise a year or so away. The end of Iron Man 3 with clean slate was him building new suits so he's going to be back to 2-3 suits.

Cap/Widow- Haven't seen Cap yet but I'll posy my thoughts on Sunday.

Hulk- Banner is chilling with Stark remember.

Hawkeye- I like to imagine he's fighting Russian gangsters and is the land lord of am apartment business.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

546. Posted:

New suit for Cap in Age of Ultron
Untitled
Untitled

Cap has been 5 for 5 costume wise.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

547. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Hawkeye- I like to imagine he's fighting Russian gangsters and is the land lord of am apartment business.

Nice.
If they ever made a Hawkeye movie based on Fraction's current series, I would watch it 1000 times in a row. :)
Bro.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

548. Posted:

Anybody see the new Captian American movie yesterday? I'll be seeing it tomorrow and looking forward to it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

549. Posted:

I cannot wait to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I have heard it is the best stand alone Marvel movie since the original Iron Man. I'll probably see it tomorrow afternoon.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

550. Posted:

Saw Captain America: Winter Soldier today and holy crap is it amazing. Definitely the best stand-alone Marvel flick and I honestly liked it even more than Avengers. Seriously so much awesomeness. I want to mention a bunch of cool things, but I'd be getting into spoiler territory. :)

I will say that the movie has a major MAJOR impact on Agents of Shield — I am really curious to see what goes on in AoS after this.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

551. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Saw Captain America: Winter Soldier today and holy crap is it amazing. Definitely the best stand-alone Marvel flick and I honestly liked it even more than Avengers. Seriously so much awesomeness. I want to mention a bunch of cool things, but I'd be getting into spoiler territory. :)

I will say that the movie has a major MAJOR impact on Agents of Shield — I am really curious to see what goes on in AoS after this.

Now that's the kind of review I've been waiting to hear. Now I'm really excited for AoS !

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

RR529

552. Posted:

@the_shpydar, would you say that watching any further episodes of AoS will be confusing if you haven't seen the film (or worst case scenario, that the events of the movie will be spoiled in upcoming episodes)?

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

553. Posted:

I'm almost positive that watching the new eps of Shield will spoil Cap 2.

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

554. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

@the_shpydar, would you say that watching any further episodes of AoS will be confusing if you haven't seen the film (or worst case scenario, that the events of the movie will be spoiled in upcoming episodes)?

It's hard to say, without knowing exactly what's to come in the upcoming episodes of AoS. I'm thinking that timeline-wise, the current AoS episodes are probably set shortly before Cap 2, but depending on what happens in the next couple episodes, they may dovetail together.

I don't think the further eps will be confusing, though. I think that AoS should be coming to its season finale soon, and that'll probably be around the time that it catches up to the events of Cap 2.

The Shpydarloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

555. Posted:

Just got back from seeing Winter Soldier and Wow!! This will definitely affect AoS! It was suspenseful, well acted and written! Yeah I think it was my favorite Marvel movie as well! They did an excellent job from beginning to end! Go see this movie even if you're not a Marvel fan!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

556. Posted:

Going to see Captain America tonight. I can't wait! I'll let you guys know what I think of it once I get back. I have only heard good things, so I am so excited!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

Platypus

557. Posted:

I saw The Winter Soldier lat night. I think it's the best Marvel movie so far outside of the Avengers. The action was incredible. Some of the best fight scenes I've ever seen.

On another note, I thing a Dr. Strange movie is now practically confirmed.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

558. Posted:

going to see Winter Solider in around a hour or two. Going alone than going to see it with some friends over the weekend.

A Doctor Strange movie could be awesome but I'd rather see a very well done mini series maybe.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

559. Posted:

Winter Solider is the best comic film post Avengers.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

560. Posted:

Don't watch AOS before winter solider if you don't want spoilers. Tonights episode of shield is out there and the end of the epispide takes place after Winter Soldier.

WAT!