Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,574

shingi_70

I wish the hulk was on Netflix.

Think I'm going to start a marathon of the marevl movies leading up to the cap 2 release next Friday.

Daredevil starts filming in July
http://m.hitfix.com/news/marvel-tv-head-daredevil-starts-shoo...

Ultron
Untitled

Iron Man mk 42
Untitled

Will be interesting to see the lead up to AOU, in terms of one shots and agents of shield.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

They haven't announced yet. We should be getting the casting of all four Netflix heroes before SDCC.

Not sure if its a spoiler but

Winter Solider confrims that Stark Tower is Avengers Tower

There another thing I noticed about AOU shots but I'll wait till next week to post iy.

The Roster for AOU is pretty big

Iron Ma
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Jarvis/The vision

It's also rumored were going to see Rhodey , Winter Solider, and Falcon.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Tasuki

@shingi_70: Yeah I kinda figured that out at the end of Avengers. Roster is looking good for AoU and it's on my must see list. Still puzzles me though who owns the film rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver since they are scheduled to appear in the next Xmen movie but played by different actors. This could have been the perfect way to bring Xmen into the MCU.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

They're dual owned. They started off and was created as xmen characters but were revealed later on to be mutants and the children of Magneto after being avengers for a long time. As characters they probably have the most direct ties to both sides of the marvel U. They're the children if Magneto and are mutants but both are generally more avengers leaning as Heroes. Scarlet Wictj married and had kids with the visok who later would be apart of the young Avengers. Quicksilver has a daughter with one if the inhuman princesses. Quicksilver's last 616 appearance I can recall was as a teacher at Avengers Academy and Wanda is a member of the current Uncanny Avengers.

Due to this they can be used in both movie universes but Marvel can't mention mutants so the speculation is that they will be inhumans which is all honestly just another type of mutant.

WAT!

shingi_70

Nice.

Hawkeye gets a new costume.
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

I wish people didn't post spoilers or allude to the plot of movies these days. I don't mind since I still enjoy the experience and i'm in the know to the point that you have to do a left turn mandarin style to impress me. For all intenstive purposes Winter Solider was telegraphed a long time ago, but it sucks I can't talk about agents of sheild without someone bringing the movie up before the show addresses that plot point.

WAT!

Rezalack

shingi_70 wrote:

I wish people didn't post spoilers or allude to the plot of movies these days. I don't mind since I still enjoy the experience and i'm in the know to the point that you have to do a left turn mandarin style to impress me. For all intenstive purposes Winter Solider was telegraphed a long time ago, but it sucks I can't talk about agents of sheild without someone bringing the movie up before the show addresses that plot point.

I've avoided reading articles on any movies I'm interested anymore. Some sites will go on and spoil things without warning or care, it's pretty sad. It seems they think that people want movies to be spoiled.. IGN is VERY bad when it comes to this. As far as Mandarin goes though, I wish that would have been spoiled for me ahead of time. I probably would have enjoyed the movie a tad bit more. I have many issues with that movie though, Mandarin actually being one of the smaller ones. (Extreme convenience for Tony and the finale really irking me the most.)

Hawkeye's new costume looks pretty close to the Hawkeye I'm used to seeing, so that's cool.

Anyone else think that Quicksilver from the Avengers actually looks worse than the X-Men DOFP Quicksilver? I know the magazine cover he was on made him look corny as heck, but the trailers/movies pictures I've seen of him don't look bad at all. It looks fitting. The AOU Quicksilver on the other hand.. looks so plain and well, lame to me. Not like I'm a fan of the character in particular, just wondering how others felt about each actor/costume design. I figure the majority hates the one from DOFP. That's seems to be the consensus anyway.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

shingi_70

Iron Man 3 had problems with the Iron Men armor being ripped apart like paper by the extremis guys. Plus stark blowing up all his suits when aliens could invade the next day didn't make sense. But that was done intentionally be Marvel to level the paying field for Age of Ultron. I'll elaborate more in spoiler tags if you guys are cool with it.

He's supposed to look plain. The point is that younger heroes probably wouldn't wear a traditional costume. Current speculation is that Quicksilver and Scarlet witch will be wearing street clothes for most of the film and either half way or toward the end get official superhero costumes. Scarlet witch's will probably be somehwere inbetween her current AOU look, her uncanny Avengers look, and the xmen evolution look.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

So in theory something like this but add a red hooded trechcoat and some sort of decal. It probably won't have the exposed midriff either.
Untitled

quicksilvers will probably be closer to his ultimate look.
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Rezalack

That Ultimate Quicksilver looks awesome. Honestly, I've never felt anything for the character one way or another. I was slightly into the comics in the 90's, but moreso the cartoons and collecting cards and that's where I learned most of my knowledge about Marvel. I have TONS of cards and action figures.. anyway, so yeah, I guess it makes sense the way you explained it. They are newbies and that's why they don't have their costumes yet. That explains it.

The thing about Iron Man three, yeah it bothered me that the suits were so weak, but the kid in the movie bothered me a lot more. Everything just felt so conveniently placed for Tony and it works out so well for him. It's like his super-power was advanced Luck, lol. Not to mention Pepper saves the day.. sadly I saw it coming from the second she got extremeis and I was mad that I was right.. top that off with seemingly never having a chance at a real Mandarin or Fin Fang Foom for that matter on the big screen. I expected waaaay too much from the movie and like I said it my previous post, had it been spoiled for me, I probably would have liked it more.

Just curious, which announced Marvel movie are you looking forward too most, Shingi? X-Men is still Marvel, I don't care who owns the movie rights.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

shingi_70

Well the problem with Iron Man 3 is that its a Shane Black movie first and Iron man movie second. Its one of the reasons why the action is so poor compared to Iron Man 2.

Irom Man 3 fell into the trap of Tony being safe and lucky without a huge payoff. The Last part of the Avengers starting in New York has this really safe feeling too it, but it was able to pay off by looking awesome and thematically was safe for a reason.

You get some decent fighting and than it hits this point

Untitled

The threat seemed real and it hits the scene with the theme in the background and swirling around our heroes. At that point the payoff of that scene it didn't matter if guys were safe because what came next was pure awesomeness. Plus in universe it was a big change.

Iron Man 3 had a similar moment
[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/3ba4fa05bc24149648ac3141d70052d0/tumblr_mmaopn9KF01qiqeveo1_500.gif[/imh]

But the enusing fight didn't pay off, even if it did have some cool coreography.

I wonder when the netflix series takes place in the timeline. Are they before or after Age of Ultron.

WAT!

Rezalack

I feel like I'm one of the few people who really liked Iron Man 2. I thought the actors fit the parts VERY well and the characters were all well done. The fights were good and so was the pacing. The only thing I wasn't happy about with that movie was the change from Terrance Howard to Don Cheedle. I just think Terrance Howard is the better actor and I liked him much more as Rhodey. Whiplash was a great foe but Rockwell as Hammer was just perfect. Obviously, it's not as good as Iron Man, but it's much better than IM3, IMO.

When I saw The Avengers in theatres, I loved the movie. When I watched it again at home, it lost some of it's charm and actually felt kind of bland for some reason. The best points for me in that movie was all the conflict between the Avengers themselves, which I think was the point anyway. The Villains just didn't do much for me, although the worms in NY were awesome. I'm guessing that AOU will be a LOT better than the first one. I'm really looking forward to the Ant-Man movie.

As far as the netflix series goes, I have no clue. I know they are building them all together so they can join up as The Defenders, but I'm not sure whether they'll ever tie into the movies. It will depend on the cast and the people behind them, I think. I don't see any b-actors (not to be condescending) coming to the big screen to help the Avengers. I'm betting they'll eventually tie into their own movie.. who knows though. I have high hopes for the Netflix series, I'm most interested in Iron Fist.

Rezalack

shingi_70

Eh what do you consider a B-actor? TV these days are better than movies.

As far as Avengers 2 we know the main rostor of heroes and villians are

Captian America
Thor
Iron Man
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Hulk
Scarlet Witch
Quick SIlver
The Vision

Ultron
Baron Von Strucker

Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Iron Patriot

I mostly want to see cameos so during the climax of the film cut to Dardevil fighting Ultron units in new york, Team Coulson somewhere, and show the Falcon doing something.

WAT!

Rezalack

What I meant by B-Actors.. was for example, I'll use Smallville an older TV show. While this show had some good episodes, a lot of the cast didn't have the charm and ability that a lot of the big screen actors do. While I DO agree that TV is a lot better than movies today, I don't feel that way about Super-Hero TV shows. Arrow for example, a lot of people are expecting and wanting him to make an appearance on the big screen with Batman/Superman, but I just don't see it happening. Nobody from that show feels like they could hold their own with the actors that would be playing Batman/Superman. Same with the Agents of Shield for that matter, then again.. I almost consider Coulson a B-actor just because he feels so cheesy sometimes. I just can't get into any of the TV Super-Hero shoes, even the Flash is already looking cheesy, unfortunately. I hear a LOT of good things about Arrow's second season, but I haven't watched it because I can't get through a couple episodes of the first. I was never big into DC either outside of Batman, so that probably doesn't help.

I know I probably sound like a snob, but I'm just giving you my thoughts on the subject of TV Series merging with Movies. A lot of the best TV shows now, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, True Detective, Hannibal (IMO), have A-Actors as their leads. That's what makes them so good.. The actors matter to me because it takes them to give the characters life and make me care and feel for them. Then again, maybe it's the writing that needs to be better.. that and the budget. That's just my two cents on the matter.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

shingi_70

Arrow is probably the best comic book related thing since Iron Man 1 and Avengers. Fun fact George Cloony started off in a terrible Below B-teir attack of the killer tomatoes movie. Its the thing where you get someone like agent sitwell's who's been in alot of the MCU stuff both on TV and in film.

Another note is that the rumored Sucide Squad movie would be in the Man of Steel Universe would use the same cast the team had on Arrow.

WAT!

Rezalack

I can't really judge Arrow at all. I haven't given it a chance other than a couple episodes from the first season which didn't interest me, I like Villains and it seemed to lack them. All the pics from season 2 that I've seen have actually made me want to watch it, but I don't feel like watching the first season because I've heard it's really slow in comparison and there's other things I'd rather be doing. I know a couple pictures of villains that I've seen have really piqued my interest.. particularly the ones of Slade? The dude with the scarecrow-eske mask. I really don't know the guys name, but he looks menacing. That alone has made me want to watch Season 2.

I have no idea who Suicide Squad is seeing as I don't pay much attention to DC, I've heard of them but not sure who it consists of. If they can tie it into that universe and give it a similar feel I'm all for giving it a chance. The more super-hero stuff, the better.

Rezalack

camerica1618

One of the things I'm most excited about for AOU is how all the Avengers will come together this time around. Most of them seem to be pretty busy,

Iron Man - he's suit less
Thor - out wherever living with Jane
Captain America - I won't spoil exactly what he's doing but I WILL say that he and Falcon are very busy after the events of Cap 2.
Black Widow - Same as Cap except she's doing her own thing
Hulk - I have no idea
Hawkeye- After the events of Cap 2.....I have no idea where he'd be.

I seriously can't wait to see what will happen. What do you guys think?

camerica1618

shingi_70

@camerica1618

Well despite being busy AOS and Winter Solider kind of confirms that they've been keeping it touch. In With her Solider it reveals Stark Tower in New York has been redubbed Avengers Tower.

As for your questions

Iron Man 3- Remember Age of Ultron is still timeline wise a year or so away. The end of Iron Man 3 with clean slate was him building new suits so he's going to be back to 2-3 suits.

Cap/Widow- Haven't seen Cap yet but I'll posy my thoughts on Sunday.

Hulk- Banner is chilling with Stark remember.

Hawkeye- I like to imagine he's fighting Russian gangsters and is the land lord of am apartment business.

WAT!

shingi_70

New suit for Cap in Age of Ultron
Untitled
Untitled

Cap has been 5 for 5 costume wise.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic