Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,574

shingi_70

Amazing Spider-man such a bad response, because people who grew up with the Rami films wanted 4 & 5 despite how bad 3 was. Its how I felt anyway, I usually think high school and College spiderman are the best, but ASM didn't really do anything for me.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Mickey

@shingi_70 There were plenty of awful moments in that film, but the characters (The Lizard aside) are what saves the film for me. Plus, Andrew Garfield is a much better Peter Parker than Tobey "The Turtle" Maguire.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

shingi_70

He's a better spiderman but an equally bad Peter Parker.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

RR529

It's probably because I grew up with the Raimi films, but I didn't like Garfield as Spider-Man at all.

I'll admit that I haven't read the comics, but I didn't like the way they had him taunt the police, and relish the fact that he could humiliate his former bullies in AMS. I liked how Maguire portrayed the character, while being tempted to get revenge on his bullies, he felt bad & realized he's better than that.

On another note, last night's episode of AoS was pretty great. Things are really starting to heat up with Centipede making their move, and a superpowered person joining the team (although I'm not sure if he's going to make it out of that).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Spoony_Tech

Yeah AoS was awesome last night. Easily my favorite episode so far. The kind of episode you have to wait 3 months for the new season to see. Thankfully we only need to wait till January for some new episodes. Really like the direction the show is taking!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Could Fox and Disney please make some kind of deal so we could have Hugh Jackman in Avengers 3!?
I can already see him and Hulk fighting side by side. Such epicness.
A guy can dream ya know

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Tasuki

@HawkeyeWii: Its more Fox then anything else. I know that Hugh Jackman was slated to have a Wolverine cameo in Captain America but then Fox threw a fit and Marvel dropped it.

So anyway I dont know if its true or not but I heard that Sony just greenlite a Sinister Six movie which will be a spin off from the Amazing Spiderman series that's why they have so many villains in TAS2. Anyone else hear that or is this just a rumor?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

I've recently gotten myself back into Marvel Pinball 3D!

I set a new personal best record on the Iron Man table as well: 15,372,000 points!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Spoony_Tech

RR529 wrote:

I've recently gotten myself back into Marvel Pinball 3D!

I set a new personal best record on the Iron Man table as well: 15,372,000 points!

I still so hate that table! I personally think its poorly designed and set up to lose your balls.

Can't wait for AoS to start back up again! Looks to answer a lot of questions about characters and plot. Its definitely turned out better then I thought it might from earlier episodes.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

Happy New Year Marvel Life.

Anyone else looking forward to the movies hitting this year.

WAT!

Nathan_Wv10

@Shingi_70 I am most definitely looking forward to the movies coming this year Captain America 2 will be the next thing i will be watching

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter:

Tasuki

@shingi_70: Oh yeah I am looking forward to both Captain America: The Winter Solider and Xmen. I will probably also check out Guardians of the Galaxy or whatever its called, but to be honest I know nothing of that series.

My Backlog

Spoony_Tech

We're getting a lot of answers from AoS now. Its becoming so interseting the more and more you watch it! Love the direction its going as i wasn't sure in the first few weeks of episodes. Must watch for me now!

MERG said:

the_shpydar

Spoony_Tech wrote:

We're getting a lot of answers from AoS now. Its becoming so interseting the more and more you watch it! Love the direction its going as i wasn't sure in the first few weeks of episodes. Must watch for me now!

Yeah, really good episode tonight (and probably the first time I didn't find Skye annoying, lol). The show is really in classic-Whedon style — slow start to build the characters and the universe, then start to ramp it up. Plus, any time Ron Glass is on my TV, I am happy. Liked him since way back in the Barney Miller days (yeah, I'm old, getoffamahlawn)

And I love that Victoria Hand was back again, I always enjoyed her since she makes for a good antagonist who isn't actually an enemy. Too bad they killed her off in the comics.
Untitled

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I so need to catch up on that series its not funny. I think I saw the first two episodes and that was it. The rest are still recorded on my DVR.

My Backlog

shingi_70

Untitled

Peter Parker seems to be back as spiderman come apirl.

WAT!

the_shpydar

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

Peter Parker seems to be back as spiderman come apirl.

FINALLY!
I've had fun with Spider-Ock, but I miss good ol' Pete. I was so psyched when a few issues back (I forget if it was in Superior or Superior Team-Up) there was a one-panel shot that hinted Peter's psyche had become "unburied" in Ock's mind. We all knew he was coming back (no matter how much Slott wanted to deny it), it was just a matter of when. HUZZAH!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

So I'm a mostly DC guy these days but Marvel is doing another relaunch of the Ultimate Universe and I'll be jumping on for the three new books.

All New Ultimates
Untitled

Ultimate Future Foundation
Untitled
And another book called Miles Morales Ultimate Spiderman.
This is the third refresh for the line and its cool to see a comic universe that changes nearly all the time.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Tasuki

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Bet you didn't know about this movie.

Yeah its called an ashcan copy. The only reason it was made was so the studio could hold on to the Fantastic Four movie rights. That movie was never intended to be released. Sad thing was the other two Fantastic Four movies done by the studio weren't much better.

My Backlog

SavoirFaire

For the all new ultimates cover, who are the two on the right (Spider-Morales, Kitty, and Cloak and Dagger are easy to spot)?

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic