General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Showing 361 to 380 of 721

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

361. Posted:

The New Uncanny X-men looks awesome and despite hate Bendis having taken over the X Universe dude can write some good teenage action. Plus I will admit Cyclops crew is appealing to me a bit more than Wolverines currently.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Marvel's next big event is starting next month with the universe getting more inhumans thrown in.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

362. Posted:

Bendis's 2 X-Men books (Uncanny and All-New) have been great thus far. They're the only X-books I currently pick up, primarily because of the team rosters (though i'm not sure how keen I am on the original 5 X-Men's new uniforms — they're fine, but they resemble the classic Voltron team uniforms a bit too much :D )

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

363. Posted:

I like his X--men books but I hate how's he taking over the Xverse from the Wolverine books, and I say this with Bendis writing at least of my favorite Xmen characters. Battle of the Atom I found to be pretty boring. But like I said i'm looking forward to Uncanny X-men and X-23 in All new xmen.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Peach64

364. Posted:

My comic buying has been right down over the last few years as I was feeling guilty over the space they took up, and since I'm in the UK and everything gets imported first, you'd be looking at pricey single issues too. So I've just stuck to trades, but the problem with trades is it's hard to get into new stuff. Now, I've discovered Comixology on the iPad which eliminates both problems, and I'm looking to try some new stuff out.

The comment about the Uncanny X-Men stuff being a good teen super hero series caught my attention because I love Young Avengers. I tried getting into Avengers Academy a couple of years ago but after 6 issues or so it just failed to grab me.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

365. Posted:

I thought the Marvel: Agents of Shield episode tonight was one of the best ones yet. The previews leading up to this episode almost made it seem like you had to see Thor: The Dark World to know what is going on, but this is not the case. It is kind of cool to see the similarities at the beginning though.
(Spoilers) I loved seeing Ward out of control with the Gods spear thing. Also the little tidbit at the end showing Coulson in Tahiti getting a massage and then waking froma nightmare was interesting. We keep getting more and more about Coulson, however I would rather have all of the info dumped on me at once. Personally I think Coulson is an android or something.
Thoughts?

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

366. Posted:

I'm guessing that Couslon is a Life Model Decoy to be honest, or he's going to end up being this universe's Human Torch (the android one not Johnny storm).

Haven't watched the episode yet.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

RR529

367. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I'm guessing that Couslon is a Life Model Decoy to be honest, or he's going to end up being this universe's Human Torch (the android one not Johnny storm).

Haven't watched the episode yet.

Doesn't FOX still have the Fantastic Four license (for film purposes)? Or did they let them expire?

I thought I heard awhile ago that FOX was wanting to reboot the FF films, and have them take place in their X-Men film universe. (I thought I read this on IGN, but it's been a long time)

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

368. Posted:

@RR529: Yeah Fox still has the movie rights to Fantastic Four. I dont know about having it take place in the Xmen film Universe since I have heard that the next Xmen movie will be the last one.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

369. Posted:

Yeah AoS was good last night. I also like seeing the similarities with the Thor movie! Its really starting to take off right now. I'm very interested where their taking this show. I've only recently got into marvel with the movies though so I know very little of the Universe!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

RR529

370. Posted:

^Same here. I know nothing of the actual comics, but I love getting into the world(s) the films have set up.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

371. Posted:

Just got back from seeing Thor: The Dark World and all I have to say is what a great movie. It's becoming really hard not to enjoy a movie by Marvel Studios. I think I liked this one more then the first one.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

372. Posted:

Still haven't seen thor at this point t looks like it will be the only phase 2 film I won't see at the movies.

Marvel's big event Infinity just concluded and were getting a bunch of new books or old ones relaunching so now's a good time to jump into the Marvel Universe. Infinity had its moments but it was the most boring event comic i;ve read and i'm not a fan of the fact that Avengers and New Avengers are pretty much essential to understand the story.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

373. Posted:

Well picked up The Wolverine on Blu-ray today. Thinking I might go on a Xmenfest starting with Xmen Origins Wolverine, followed by The Wolverine and then the Xmen movies.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

374. Posted:

Well not to be outdone by DC's huge news yesterday, Marvel just announced X-men Apocalypse which will be a sequel to next years Days of Future Past. According to the an article it will be released in 2016. Not only that but another one shot Wolverine move is also planned.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/bryan-singer-announces-...

I am so stoked for this news.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

375. Posted:

@Tasuki
This is actually really surprising news, for me at least. I saw "Days of Future Past" as a way for Fox to finally close the door on this series of X-Men movies, but maybe not. I am really excited for the stand-alone Wolverine movie!
"The Wolverine" was my favorite superhero movie of the year, with "Man of Steel" closely behind.
Also the trailer for the new Amazing Spiderman movie looked great! I like the inclusion of Rhino in the movie.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

376. Posted:

@HawkeyeWii: Yeah I thought Days was going to be the last Xmen film as well, especially with Hugh Jackman saying that that is the last time he will play Wolverine. It's nice to see that they got him to change his mind.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

377. Posted:

I think Jackman was contracted for one more wolverine movie was well. I'm kind of miffed that they're going straight to another big film. Days of future Past should clean up most of the universe problems and left them to do another movie with new mutants. They're also planning an X-force and X-factor movie.

Surpised no here is talking the ASM2 trailer.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

378. Posted:

@shingi_70: Honestly I don't care for the Amazing Spiderman. I saw parts of the first one and it just bored me to tears. I think Sony was a fool for rebooting a series that didn't need it just so they could keep the license instead of letting it go back to Marvel and are now just making trash Spiderman flicks just to keep it. I thought the Raimi trilogy was really good. Yeah the third one was weak but that was due to Raimi and the studio not working together and the studio wanting to throw Venom in for the fanboys.

Also I think this whole lets throw in a bunch of villains in Amazing Spiderman 2 is not going to work out well, it always seems when a superhero flick tries to throw in anything more then 2 villains it degrades the movie, simply because you can't give as much attention to each villain as you should.

Yeah I am more excited for Days, Winter Solider, Avengers 2 then some crappy Spiderman cash in film.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

RR529

379. Posted:

Yeah, I didn't care much for the Amazing Spider-Man either, but the trailer for the second one has me really excited, and it's looking much better.

The main villain (Electro) looks 10X cooler than the Lizard, all the nods/references to other villains is pretty exciting, his suit design looks much better in this one, and overall this one looks like it'll have much more vivid colors.

That said, it still has a long way to go to top the original trilogy (that sentence just made me sound like a SW fan, lol).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Nuuzen

380. Posted:

I admit, part of me wanted "X-Men: Rise of Apocalypse" (I miss the X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, lol).
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer looked really good. I did like the first time despite it's quirks, but this definitely looks like an improvement. I only hope that they can juggle multiple villains better than SM3 did.

Nuuzen

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8838-7829 | Nintendo Network ID: Nudull