General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Showing 341 to 360 of 680

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

341. Posted:

@Tasuki I liked Norton a bit better too, but my favorite Bruce Banner was played by Eric Bana in the 2003 film HULK.
@Spoony_Tech Good to hear! I haven't seen it yet and was wondering if it was any good.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

342. Posted:

Not sure if anyone posted this on the thread yet or not, but here is the amazing trailer for the new X-Men movie, due out next May. I haven't been this excited for a Superhero movie in a long time! Enjoy :)

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

343. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech: Honestly I think the reason they dropped Norton was because of budget reasons. I am sure that Norton came with a big price tag and so did Robert Downey Jr. Samual Jackson, Chris Evans etc, etc. Since Hulk is the hero and not Banner they could have gotten away with recasting Banner unlike how they couldn't Robert Downey Jr or Chris Hemsworth.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

344. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Spoony_Tech: Honestly I think the reason they dropped Norton was because of budget reasons. I am sure that Norton came with a big price tag and so did Robert Downey Jr. Samual Jackson, Chris Evans etc, etc. Since Hulk is the hero and not Banner they could have gotten away with recasting Banner unlike how they couldn't Robert Downey Jr or Chris Hemsworth.

Budget was part of it. Norton is also reportedly notoriously difficult to work with, and some of the scuttlebutt was that he had lots of demands to sign on for more films along with an inflated price tag — he (and/or his agent) thought that Marvel would give him whatever he wanted because he's Edward Norton. Obviously Marvel just said, "screw it, nope!" and decided to re-cast. Ruffalo was a (surprisingly) great choice, and really knocked it out of the park in his portrayal of tortured-Banner.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

345. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Budget was part of it. Norton is also reportedly notoriously difficult to work with, and some of the scuttlebutt was that he had lots of demands to sign on for more films along with an inflated price tag — he (and/or his agent) thought that Marvel would give him whatever he wanted because he's Edward Norton. Obviously Marvel just said, "screw it, nope!" and decided to re-cast. Ruffalo was a (surprisingly) great choice, and really knocked it out of the park in his portrayal of tortured-Banner.

That could have been it too. I just figured that it was probably the easiest to replace Banner then any of the other actors since Banner is minor.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

RR529

346. Posted:

Yeah, I thought they were going to have Norton do an "Incredible Hulk 2" as well (foreshadowed in the first movie, when some of Banner's blood spilled into the wound of the scientist that tried curing him, after Abomination trashed the lab. His head shape morphed momentarily, and he had a smile on his face, as if it was having some sort of positive, possibly empowering effect), but had to cancel because they couldn't get Norton back, and decided to hold off on Hulk's return until Avengers, so they could recast.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

347. Posted:

Yeah. I would have loved to seen a second one especially with that villain which name escapes me now.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

348. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah. I would have loved to seen a second one especially with that villain which name escapes me now.

The Leader is the name of the villain with the huge brain

AuthorMessage

RR529

349. Posted:

Tonight's episode of AoS was pretty good.

Can't wait for next week's though, it looks like it's going to be awesome! (and I don't imagine they'll make it too spoilery, considering the movie's still new)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

350. Posted:

Agents of Sheild was straight on point. I loved seeing Victoria Hand on screen, and nice shout out to Triskielon which to those who follow the comic's knows it to be sheild's main headquarters in the Ultimate Universe. The Overkill device is from the comics as well.

Still going with my theroy that Sky's parents are Coulson and May. I think its safe to say that Skye is probably a tecnopath.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

351. Posted:

Agents of Shield is shaping up to be my favorite TV show right next to The Walking Dead.

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

352. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

The Leader is the name of the villain with the huge brain

Thanks. For some reason I just totally forgot his name.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

353. Posted:

Tonight's episode of AoS was probably the best so far, or at least my favorite. I definitely loved that they introduced Victoria Hand (and pretty well nailed her character personality perfectly) and as @Sony_70 mentioned, the reference to the Triskelion was an awesome little tidbit — there were a quite a few little Marvel U easter eggs in the episode tonight, actually. And lots of nice little mystery-tidbits towards the Coulson mystery as well. :)

I doubt that Coulson and May are Skye's parents though — although I can get on board with the Skye-as-technopath theory (or something similar). If this were more of a comics-Marvel U, i'd say she'd be Widow's daughter, but i'm pretty sure that the Cinematic U has dropped the whole concept of Natasha being in her 70s (yet still young and super-hot because of her Red Room training and enhancements).

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

354. Posted:

I saw "Thor: The Dark World" last night and thought it was great. I have been interested in getting some Thor comics, but I am wondering that the signiture Thor comic is as the moment, because I think there are at least 2 right now.
There is:

• Thor: God of Thunder
  • Thor & The Mighty Avengers

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

355. Posted:

Got Deadpool today from Gamefly. Been waiting to try this one out. So far I am enjoying it.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

356. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Got Deadpool today from Gamefly. Been waiting to try this one out. So far I am enjoying it.

Cool, i'm curious to hear your thoughts. I know the game got some poor reviews, but it seemed like it might be some good mindless Deadpool-fun.

The Shpydarloggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

357. Posted:

@the_shpydar: Well first off if you are expecting a superhero masterpiece like the Arkham games well then go elsewhere. If you are looking for a game the is totally Deadpool then look no farther. They did a real great job of capturing Deadpool's quirks I guess you would say. As far as game play goes its a combo buttion masher like DMC, or Bayonetta for example but it suits the game especially with all of Deadpool's weapons.

Honestly though this game is definitely a budget title. While that's not necessary a bad thing mind you paying anything more then $40 is just a waste, unless you are a diehard Marvel/Deadpool fan. But for a rental it is alot of fun and its is something that I could go back and replay again but I will wait to actually own it when it hits the bargin bin.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

358. Posted:

@Tasuki
Cool, that's pretty much what I thought in terms of gameplay. It's the kind of game that I figured i'd pick up if/when I see it marked down or used for $10-$15.

The Shpydarloggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

359. Posted:

@the_shpydar: Yeah good call. It's really not as bad as the reviews said just for $60.........

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

360. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I saw "Thor: The Dark World" last night and thought it was great. I have been interested in getting some Thor comics, but I am wondering that the signiture Thor comic is as the moment, because I think there are at least 2 right now.
There is:

• Thor: God of Thunder
  • Thor & The Mighty Avengers

Thor first one is the main book and its apparently Scott Snyder Batman levels of good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70