General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Showing 321 to 340 of 576

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

321. Posted:

I hear ya. I have been a huge Avengers fan for ages, but ironically with the success of the film (and thus the push by Marvel to have a billion Avengers books), I've dropped almost all my "main" Avengers books. Of the team Avengers books (i.e., not counting solo titles like Hawkeye or Captain Marvel), the only Avengers book I get now is Avengers Assemble. I also get Young Avengers and Avengers Arena, but I don't consider those "real" Avengers books.

I will be checking out Black Widows for sure (always been a fan of Natasha and all her short-lived series, lol) as well as Avengers Undercover — I've enjoyed Avengers Arena, and some of the new characters they've introduced have been very cool (particularly Cullen Bloodstone and Dethlocket, who are both on the cover image up there).

Looks like once again, Marvel's "soft-reboot" of sorts is going to drastically alter my pull-list again. :)

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

322. Posted:

Damn alot more news betweent yesterday and today. Glad Captian Marvel is getting relaunched since the cancellation had me worried.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

323. Posted:

I saw the 3rd episode of Agents of Sheild tonight. Some of the futuristic tech they use is really inventive and I surprisingly haven't seen anything like it in the many science fiction movie I have seen. Is it too much to ask for a cameo some time this season of a hero that will be in Avengers 2, or maybe a quick cameo of Black Widow too.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

RR529

324. Posted:

Missed large parts of tonight's episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., because my dad got caught up in a documentary about Sugar Ray Leonard (a boxer).

Does anyone know if they replay it at any time?

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

325. Posted:

@RR529 I just advanced my dvr forward 7 days to check for ya and I didn't see a replay on ABC. I did see a replay the first week on the next day but I guess that was just because it was the first episode!

This was by far my favorite episode so far! Its getting there for me slowly, but getting there!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Platypus

326. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Missed large parts of tonight's episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., because my dad got caught up in a documentary about Sugar Ray Leonard (a boxer).

Does anyone know if they replay it at any time?

You don't need to wait to watch it. you can see it here http://watchabc.go.com/

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

RR529

327. Posted:

Man, I keep on catching bits & pieces of Blade: Trinity on Encore, but never seem to catch it at the right time to watch from the beginning...

BTW, has anyone picked up LEGO Marvel Superheroes? I don't have the money for it, but it looks cool.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

RR529

328. Posted:

On the new episode of Man at Arms, they craft Thor's Hammer! You can watch it now on YouTube!

Previous works include, but aren't limited to, Captain America's Shield, Sora's Keyblade, Assassin's Creed Hidden Blade, & Link's Master Sword (which was featured on NL).

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

RR529

329. Posted:

Anyone else catch the last episode of AoS? Pretty cool tie in to the Avengers, and the threat was something I'd have never thought of.

EDIT: And I've just now realized I've triple posted...

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

330. Posted:

Not yet I haven't. Going to watch it well now.

Marvel announced a new Ms.Marvel a teenager from Jesery named Kamela who's of Pakistani descent. She showed up in today's issue of Captian Marvel for a brief second.

Untitled
Untitled
[img]http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/116/866/original/ms-marvel-1-cover.jpg?1383679155[/img

I'm really thinking of dropping some of my DC to try out some of the new Marvel Now stuff.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

RR529

331. Posted:

I watched The Incredible Hulk tonight on Spike!

That fight with Abomination has to be one of the best conflicts in the Avengers saga films, IMO (not as good as the alien invasion, though).

I also liked spotting the various nods to the greater universe. I saw the Stark Industries logo twice (once during the opening credits, and once on a container the general was getting some of the syrum out of), and S.H.I.E.L.D. emblem once (when the military was looking through the S.H.I.E.L.D. database). Of course, I also spotted Tony Stark's cameo at the end (which I noticed before), and heard them reference the Super Soldier program of WWII (a Captain America reference), since the Gamma radiation tests were a revitalization of that program.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

332. Posted:

Good to see the Marvel thread getting some love again.
Yeah I watched a bit of Incredible Hulk after Batman Begins last night as well. It is hard not to watch the last battle at the end if you catch that part of the movie when it is on TV.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

333. Posted:

@RR529: Incredible Hulk is probably my favorite single Marvel film to date well its a close one with Thor and Incredible Hulk anyway. And yes the Abomination fight was terrific. I espeically like when Hulk took the cars and used them like boxing gloves which is a nod to the video game The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Also there was suppose to be another part that we would see Captain America and that was in a part where Hulk was in the Arctic and out of rage smashes open the glacier that Captain is in causing his shield to be expose, but for whatever reason the studio cut that part out.

Also I dont know about you guys but I still thought that Ed Norton did a better job the they guy that played Banner in Avengers.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

334. Posted:

So any comic readers at the point where you don't read marvel that much becuase you get enough of the universe through the cinematic universe. It seems I read mostly DC becuase I get my fill of Marvel everywhere else.

In 2015 Marvel will be teaming up with netflix for five 13 episode series building up the Street Level side of the MCU, The series will be

Daredevil
Untitled

Luke Cage
Untitled

Jessica Jones
Untitled

Iron Fist
Untitled

all leading up to the defeders seires (if its defenders who I expect it to be)
Untitled

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

RR529

335. Posted:

^Seems really cool! Good to see it come to Netflix, where I'll be able to catch it all.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

336. Posted:

@Tasuki I like Norton as an actor but for some reason I couldn't see him as the Hulk! With that said I was surprised he was in the Avengers but the new guy grew on me to the point that I think he is a much better fit for the roll!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

337. Posted:

Just got back from seeing the newest Thor movie and I have to say that its now in my top 2 favorite Marvel movies!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

338. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Tasuki I like Norton as an actor but for some reason I couldn't see him as the Hulk! With that said I was surprised he was in the Avengers but the new guy grew on me to the point that I think he is a much better fit for the roll!

Why would you be surprised to see Hulk in Avengers? He is an Avenger.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

339. Posted:

@Tasuki He was an Avenger in the comics for like three issues until he left because he's THE HULK. I didn't expect (nor care for) Hulk being an Avenger. It made for a cute scene or two and some awesome action scenes but it made no sense.

Edited on by MickeyTheGreat

Formerly MickMick and Mickey. Now I'm MickeyTheGreat again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

If I haven't posted in awhile, it's probably because I'm with friends.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

340. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Why would you be surprised to see Hulk in Avengers? He is an Avenger.

Sorry that was a typo. It was suppose to say I was surprised that Norton wasn't in Avengers.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech