General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Showing 281 to 300 of 722

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

281. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

Scarecrow didn't need any development beyond what he had; his power as a villain lied in his whole character being an illusion. Personally, I thought Harvey Dent was fine as well (he's actually my favorite movie character). The fact he had a dark side was hinted at early on and he revealed his true character long before he became Two Face. Plenty of development IMO.

But yeah, Talia was a joke.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

282. Posted:

I recently got both "Wolverine" and "Days of Future Past" graphic novels. I went and saw Wolverine when it came out and have been Wolverine crazy since, so I wanted the graphic novel it was based off of and I also wanted to read the latter before it's movie comes out next summer.
I was actually pretty surprised how closely related the graphic novel and movie the wolverine was at the beginning, but later on it differed pretty greatly.

The whole bear/hunter/bar scene were spot on. I also found that the actor they got to play Yukio was very closely related in terms of shape of the head and some facial features.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

283. Posted:

It's been going on for a long time, but I just wanted to see what you have thought about Stan Lee's... In my opinion, over credited fame? Kirby should be more famous. Credit where credit is due.

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

284. Posted:

Kirby is plenty famous, just maybe not amongst the mainstream. And while Kirby was an arguably more creative individual, Stan the Man is the main reason that Marvel rose to such heights.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

285. Posted:

Kirby is more famous is you read alot of DC. Omac. the fouth world, and Kamandi have always been ingrained in DC's history. If you read Thor or Fantastic four than Kirby seems to get more credit.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

286. Posted:

He is famous among avid comic readers like us, but that isn't the point.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

287. Posted:

Stan happened to be the face of Marvel being the writer and co-creator of its most popular characters and later on being the editer in chief of the company. By the time the characters that Kirby made started getting popular Stan Lee had ingrained himself as the go to guy of all things marvel showing up in the mainstream and having cameos in every marvel movie thus far. (I think blade stuff is the only exception).

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Mickey

288. Posted:

So I've been re-watching The Amazing Spider-Man... my apologies for calling it a "waste of everybody's time" awhile ago. It's worth everybody's time for the characterization alone.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

289. Posted:

Agents of Shield premiers tonight. Can't wait to check it out. Anyone else going to watch it?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

RR529

290. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Agents of Shield premiers tonight. Can't wait to check it out. Anyone else going to watch it?

I want to, but my dad seemed to like both Dads & Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which premiered last week & are on at the same time as S.H.I.E.L.D.. We'll see if I can pull him away from them, lol (although I actually liked Dads too).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Platypus

291. Posted:

What did you guys think of Agents of SHIELD?
Personally, I loved it. It was just as campy and witty as the Marvel movies. The story was good for a first episode. I didn't think it was particularly great, but it certainly wasn't bad. I thought the characters were fantastic as well. Except for Skye, she really annoyed me.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

292. Posted:

I enjoyed it a lot, as I expected, since I am a big Marvelite. Though I definitely agree with you about Skye — she was annoying and over-written, almost like a caricature instead of an actual character. Overall, it was a good pilot/first episode — set everything in motion, who the players are, and where we're likely to go during the season.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.

AuthorMessage

RR529

293. Posted:

Yeah, S.H.I.E.L.D. was pretty good. I liked agent Coulson (if that's how you spell it) & May.

Also, it looks like Doc Brown modified Coulson's car, lol.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

294. Posted:

I enjoyed it alot. I will agree as well about Skye. Like @the_shpydar said it was good and it set things in motion for the season which I expected with the pilot episode. Looking forward to the rest of season.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

295. Posted:

I though it was ok. A bit on the corny side for me. From what I've seen of the first episode and many shows in the past somewhat similar to this plot it better get much better to last longer then one season! I've gotten into far to many shows before in the first year only to be canceled either the second or after the first year! I hope its not the case here!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

296. Posted:

Skye was awesome. Now I found Fitz Simmons to be a tad bit annoying. With that said nearly every character is par for course for a wheadon Joint. Still in the middle of it so far but its decent.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

297. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I though it was ok. A bit on the corny side for me. From what I've seen of the first episode and many shows in the past somewhat similar to this plot it better get much better to last longer then one season! I've gotten into far to many shows before in the first year only to be canceled either the second or after the first year! I hope its not the case here!!

I am sure with as many Marvel fans and Whedon fans around this show will be on for awhile. Plus who knows it might get better the closer we get to Avengers 2.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

298. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I found it a bit corny as well. Of course, I was half paying attn because I was playing DuckTales on my Wii U Gamepad.

bezerker99

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

299. Posted:

Just finished and I liked the Extremis connection. Overall it feels like a Wheadon show set in the Marvel Universe so sign me up. I kind of wish that there was more diversity in the group and that at least one of them were a gifted individual.

Any reason why Shield isn't looking into AIM as apart of the centipede experiences.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

300. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Just finished and I liked the Extremis connection. Overall it feels like a Wheadon show set in the Marvel Universe so sign me up. I kind of wish that there was more diversity in the group and that at least one of them were a gifted individual.

Any reason why Shield isn't looking into AIM as apart of the centipede experiences.

That's what I thought — it's a clear Whedon-show, right down to the "geeky" tech characters. It was admittedly a bit corny as others have said, but that is part of the Whedon-ness as well, particularly in the early episodes/seasons of his shows.

I'm betting they either want to steer clear of AIM in the series, or they'll be revealed as a "big bad" (to use another Whedonism) later on down the road. If we were going by purely Marvel Universe analysis, Centipede would be less likely to be AIM, and more likely to be the Power Broker — which is actually the direction I think they'll end up taking it (or something similar, adapted for the Marvel Movieverse).

The Shpydarloggery