General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Showing 241 to 260 of 687

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

241. Posted:

Watched Avengers on Netflix the other night ad t reminded me so much why I loved it. I really wonder what Wheadon has in store for Phase 2. I'm also hoping we see the side heroes in the movies. It irked the military didn't call in War Machine during the Avengers.

A new preview for Agents of SHIELD

Also the next Marvel One shot short film has been announced to be released with Iron Man 3 DVD.
Untitled

“Not everyone can be frozen in ice from that period, so it was: How do we tell another Hayley Atwell story? It’s a year since Cap plunged into the ocean. And in our mind, we said there’s a few SSR offices. If you want to relate it to now, it’s like the OSS, the precursor to the CIA. The SSR is the precursor to S.H.I.E.L.D. There’s some satellite offices in New York and right now their primary concern is getting Zodiac. Zodiac in the books has been many many different things. We just want you to know it’s deadly, it’s important, bad guys are guarding it, and it’s imperative she gets it.”

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

242. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I caught bits & pieces of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance earlier today. Didn't have the time to fully watch it since I was getting ready for a job interview, but they'll be showing it again late tonight.

From what I could get out of it, he was trying to stop a heavily armed cult from awakening some sort of dark power in a kid.

Ugh If you really need something to do with your time might I advise watching paint dry. I am sure it will be more entertaining than that movie.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

RR529

243. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I caught bits & pieces of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance earlier today. Didn't have the time to fully watch it since I was getting ready for a job interview, but they'll be showing it again late tonight.

From what I could get out of it, he was trying to stop a heavily armed cult from awakening some sort of dark power in a kid.

Ugh If you really need something to do with your time might I advise watching paint dry. I am sure it will be more entertaining than that movie.

I honestly don't know why people dislike these movies.

They're obviously not in the same league as any of the Avengers' saga, Spider-Man, or X-Men movies, but I think they're kinda fun in a campy B-movie sort of way.

Certainly not the best superhero flicks, but if you shut off your mind for a bit, not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

Maybe it's all just a part of the greater "it's cool to hate on Nicolas Cage for some reason" phenomenon that I've noticed. I'm not going to vouch for how good of an actor he is, since I honestly haven't watched much with him in it, but from what I have saw (the GR movies, as I just mentioned, and the National Treasure movies, which I actually liked), I don't get it.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

244. Posted:

Nic Cage is awesome. This fact has been mathematically proven. It is written in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. It is written in the stars.
Untitled

However, the Ghost Rider movies are complete garbage. It's not that they're bad superhero/comic flicks, it's that they are simply, purely bad. They're not even "shut off your mind and enjoy the stupid fun" kind of movies. They are just bad. Bad.

Ironically, the presence of Nic Cage is the only thing that actually makes them watchable.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Varia01

245. Posted:

@Sony_70: Angents of Shield? My kindle fire hd cannot play YouTube videos, so what does Agents of Shield look like and what channel could it come on?

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

246. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

@Sony_70: Angents of Shield? My kindle fire hd cannot play YouTube videos, so what does Agents of Shield look like and what channel could it come on?

Quick answers: It looks awesome, and it will be airing on ABC coming this fall.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

247. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

Its going to on tuesdays on ABC. Its a TV show taking place in the Marvel movieverse taking place post avengers.

Untitled
Untitled
Its about sheild as an organization and the world changing from Spy VS SPy to all the super powered craziness of heroes and villains.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

248. Posted:

The new piece of promo art for Marvel comics debuted on Monday.
Untitled
-Falocn, Winter Solider are on the cover due the movie so we'll be seeing them in the comics soon.
-Black Window is also in the new Cap film but im guessing she's getting a solo title.
-Black Bolt and his wife (red hiar and purple) are in it due to the inhumans book
-Angela the wonder woman looking chick is a big deal and in guardains,
-I think the blue despro looking dude is also in Guardians.
-Nightcrawler is back to life.
-Something surfer related post Infinity
-Thor and Ironman cause Avengers
-Regular spider-man suit means superior is ending soon.
-Armored wolverine due to him losing his healing factor.

We also have Matt fraction working on Inhumanity a book that will probably allow Marvel studios to see mutants without using them.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

249. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I honestly don't know why people dislike these movies.

They're obviously not in the same league as any of the Avengers' saga, Spider-Man, or X-Men movies, but I think they're kinda fun in a campy B-movie sort of way.

Certainly not the best superhero flicks, but if you shut off your mind for a bit, not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

Maybe it's all just a part of the greater "it's cool to hate on Nicolas Cage for some reason" phenomenon that I've noticed. I'm not going to vouch for how good of an actor he is, since I honestly haven't watched much with him in it, but from what I have saw (the GR movies, as I just mentioned, and the National Treasure movies, which I actually liked), I don't get it.

Honestly for me it has nothing to do with Nick Cage and actually hes one of my favorite actors. I actually liked the first GR but the second one was just bad. To me it felt more like a reboot than a sequel. The even changed the back story in the flashback from the first GR. And they couldn't bring back Peter Fonda? WTF? Yeah that was a horrible horrible movie. Hopefully now that Marvel has the GR movie rights back we will get a good GR movie.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

250. Posted:

Maria Hill is back for the pilot. I'm guessing she's going to be bumped to a regular after HIMYM ends this year.
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

251. Posted:

More agents of shield info.

-Maria Hill is in the piolt
-Who ever J. August Richards is playing gets his powers from extremis like I thought.
-There may be cameos from other Marvel Universe characters.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Platypus

252. Posted:

Next Avengers movie is titled Age of Ultron. I don't see how it could work, seeing that Ant Man comes out after Avengers.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

253. Posted:

Platypus wrote:

Next Avengers movie is titled Age of Ultron. I don't see how it could work, seeing that Ant Man comes out after Avengers.

They could use it to introduce Pym, and then build a movie off his appearance, That's assuming that they're going with Hank Pym-Ant Man and not Scott Lang-Ant-Man or Eric O'Grady-Ant Man. I seem to remember reading a while back that they were going with a lighter/more humorous tone with the Ant Man movie, which I would think would be O'Grady-Ant Man.

Of course, they may just make Ultron a creation of Banner or Stark, and skip Pym altogether (though I certainly would hope not).

The Shpydarloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

254. Posted:

I would wonder how they'll sell "Ant Man" to the average movie going populace, lol.

This isn't a knock on the character or anything, but as someone who's not into comics, the name "Ant Man" comes off as a corny attempt to cash in on the superhero phenomenon, rather than an actual part of their lineup (I wouldn't have believed he was a real character, until I saw you guys talking about him here).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Platypus

255. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I would wonder how they'll sell "Ant Man" to the average movie going populace, lol.

This isn't a knock on the character or anything, but as someone who's not into comics, the name "Ant Man" comes off as a corny attempt to cash in on the superhero phenomenon, rather than an actual part of their lineup (I wouldn't have believed he was a real character, until I saw you guys talking about him here).

I have to agree with you. At a first glance, Ant-man sounds really dumb, but he's such a big Marvel character they really need to include him. shpyder just gave me an idea of how it might happen. It's practically a given that people will swarm to see Avengers 2, if they reveal him in that movie, people will be sure to go see Ant-Man after seeing him in Avengers.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

Syrup

256. Posted:

Looks like there's going to be ANOTHER X-men series titled Amazing X-Men, which will feature the return of Nightcrawler, and will be by Jason Aaron and artist Ed McGuinness.

Tumblr: http://sailorsyrup.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

257. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

They sell antman the way the did Iron Man. A good director, script, and actor.

Pretty sure the Ant-man film is going through a ton of changes. At first it was supposed to be witch between the 60s and present and feature two ant-men. That could still happen (I hope it does) but its post AAOU.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

258. Posted:

Platypus wrote:

WHile I bummed no Pym making Ultron we already have a few ways to do the character.

The most likely is Stark toying with A.I. Causes Jarvis to go Rampant and try to destroy the earth. Iron Man 3 played up the fact that Jarvis can control the suits, and the suits can subconsciously be effected by tony's action. Agents of shield is using extremis as a story device so its not precedent.

Ultron is based on Stark Tech and the destroyer and is shields new line of defense since Phase III ha failed during the avengers. We see in the trailer for WInter Solider that shield is borderlining on too much weapons and security in a post avengers world. (actually makes shield not being in Iron Man 3 makes sense)

Few years between Avengers 1 and 2 and the world has really changed. We see from Agents of shield that superhumans are becoming more common and its possible that by Avengers 2 we see the Raft, The Vault, or the cube alongside Avengers Tower. Ultron is a peace keeping robot like in the cartoon and goes rouge.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

RR529

259. Posted:

Seen a lot of comic movies in the past couple days.

Last night I caught Kick A-- on one of the movie networks. My first time watching it, and it was incredibly campy. Not sure what exactly to make of it, lol (correct me if it's not Marvel, but for some reason I'm thinking it is).

Tonight on FX, I caught the end of X-Men: the Last Stand, and the entirety of Iron Man (seen both before, but they're good).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Varia01

260. Posted:

Age of Ultron! Woot! Woot! Haven't seen any videos or pictures, though.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.