Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,574

shingi_70

Tasuki wrote:

Was wondering if anyone has tried the new Marvel MMO Marvel Heroes yet. I have seen some LPS of it on Youtube and the style of it reminds me of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I am thinking of checking it out but I was wondering if anyone plays it.

I want to try it out but that $200 to get everything is turning e off. I got into the Infinte Crisis DC moba beta though.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Platypus

Tasuki wrote:

Dont get me wrong it was a good movie

This is the funny thing about Iron Man 3. It screwed almost every-thing up, but to me, it's still a great film. After they revealed the Mandrin, I wanted to hate the movie, but I just couldn't.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Tasuki

Platypus wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Dont get me wrong it was a good movie

This is the funny thing about Iron Man 3. It screwed almost every-thing up, but to me, it's still a great film. After they revealed the Mandrin, I wanted to hate the movie, but I just couldn't.

Lol your avatar is what I felt like when they revealed the Mandarin lol. I will admit it was a good action move, and if you dont know the comic book backgrounds like a few of my family members it wont bug you. Honestly I can watch it again it wasnt that bad it just left me shaking my head. I was upset about the Mandarin and still am but thats to be granted. It would be like taking The Joker and making him a stooge for Professor Pyg. If they weren't going to use The Mandarin in the right way than why have him? It was almost like they did it just to please the fanboys like what happened with Venom in Spiderman 3.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Captain_Balko wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Finally got around to watching The Amazing Spider-Man.

I don't think I liked it as well as the original Spidey films, but it was still a fun watch.

My biggest issue with it (and a lot of modern movies) is that it's so darned dark. Not in content, but the picture itself. For example, an early scene where he gets into a fight with a bunch of punks in an alley, it was so dark you could only see a bunch of shadows moving around, barely able to discern what was going on. I mean, don't directors these days want people to actually see their movies?

This. It pisses me off when games are really dark as well as movies, since I cannot understand what is happening or what anything is which leads to me dying a lot (looking at you, Twilight Princess).

Yay! Finally someone agrees with me! (although I've never noticed it in games. Closest maybe InFamous, but still not nearly as opaque as any night/dark scene that you'll usually find in movies nowadays)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

Just to let you Marvel Fans know Avengers is now available on Netflix instant stream.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

^If Marvel somehow wanted to bring in the Wrecking Crew, Vin would be PERFECT for Wrecker.
Untitled

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

I know he is the wrong race but I could see him playing Luke Cage. Then again Marvel did change Nick Fury's race.

My Backlog

Midnight3DS

@the_shpydar

It's funny that Wrecking Crew came to my mind as well. Strange. I remember hating them for isolating, and beating the tar out of She-Hulk in Secret Wars.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

RR529

Since it's on Netflix Instant Streaming, I rewatched The Avengers.

Easily my favorite superhero film, and I think I liked it more the second time around (also, there were only two instances of the "too dark to see" syndrome, from what I could tell). I especially liked Captain America & Iron Man in this one, with some of the best lines of the film between them.

Iron Man: "Your move, reindeer games." (directed at Loki)

Captain America: "There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that" (referencing comments made about Loki & Thor)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

the_shpydar

RR529 wrote:

Captain America: "There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that" (referencing comments made about Loki & Thor)

Lol, yeah I loved that line. It was so perfectly in-character for Cap.
I also loved his happy-excited "I got that! I understood that reference." when Tony references "Wizard of Oz" by mentioning flying monkeys.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

My favorite into has to be when Tony takes over the Shield jets radio speakers and come in to fight Loki.

"Your pretty spry for an older fellow".

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

I don't think he's playing someone related to the Guardians. I'm guessing its going to one of the Phase 3 movies. Maybe someone like the punisher.

Anyone plan to read Infinity.

WAT!

RR529

So what are everyone's thoughts on the upcoming The Wolverine film?

I probably won't get to see it in theaters, but I am really interested in it, especially since it takes place in Japan.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

shingi_70

I know its based on a comic by Chris Claremont about Wolverine going to Japan and he's had ties there ever since. I'm looking forward to t as the last X-men movie was pretty good and it will be interesting to see the first film that' post X3.

WAT!

dumedum

RR529 wrote:

Finally got around to watching The Amazing Spider-Man.

I don't think I liked it as well as the original Spidey films, but it was still a fun watch.

My biggest issue with it (and a lot of modern movies) is that it's so darned dark. Not in content, but the picture itself. For example, an early scene where he gets into a fight with a bunch of punks in an alley, it was so dark you could only see a bunch of shadows moving around, barely able to discern what was going on. I mean, don't directors these days want people to actually see their movies?

I watched all 4 Spidey movies in marathon and thought again that the "Amazing" (fourth) was the worst. Simply, a shame.
I don't really understand why people hated Spider Man 3. They had too many characters but in the end they make it work somehow - the stories intertwine with each other quite nicely. The intros are quite bad though. The criticism that Venom was only for a bit is not really true, since Eddie Brock is from the beginning, (and even referenced in the prior movies).

With the Amazing Spider Man, it was just a sorry excuse. They couldn't be bothered with waiting for Sam Raimi's script, and needed to cash in seeing as the license is sadly by Sony and not Marvel. Simply ridiculous. They put so much effort in the first 3 films to foreshadow the Lizard - it could have been epic to have had that materialize in Spider Man 4, they even had Gwen Stacy and Man-Wolf , and references of so many other characters... only to have that half assed Lizard and waste the entire film on another origin like they eventually did. Simply ridiculous.

Every choice about the fourth film is unfortunate. Even Aunt May does not look like Aunt May. It really destroyed the franchise for me. Spider Man 4 and even 5 would have been so much fun, now after you are involved with the characters, the actors, their history.. the whole Green Goblin saga. To think they had to go back and do that for nothing.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

RR529

I caught bits & pieces of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance earlier today. Didn't have the time to fully watch it since I was getting ready for a job interview, but they'll be showing it again late tonight.

From what I could get out of it, he was trying to stop a heavily armed cult from awakening some sort of dark power in a kid.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

shingi_70

Watched Avengers on Netflix the other night ad t reminded me so much why I loved it. I really wonder what Wheadon has in store for Phase 2. I'm also hoping we see the side heroes in the movies. It irked the military didn't call in War Machine during the Avengers.

A new preview for Agents of SHIELD

Also the next Marvel One shot short film has been announced to be released with Iron Man 3 DVD.
Untitled

“Not everyone can be frozen in ice from that period, so it was: How do we tell another Hayley Atwell story? It’s a year since Cap plunged into the ocean. And in our mind, we said there’s a few SSR offices. If you want to relate it to now, it’s like the OSS, the precursor to the CIA. The SSR is the precursor to S.H.I.E.L.D. There’s some satellite offices in New York and right now their primary concern is getting Zodiac. Zodiac in the books has been many many different things. We just want you to know it’s deadly, it’s important, bad guys are guarding it, and it’s imperative she gets it.”

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic