General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Showing 201 to 220 of 687

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

201. Posted:

Marvel August Solicitations are out.
http://www.newsarama.com/17830-marvel-comics-august-2013-soli...

Alot of stuff pertaining to Infinity

Infinty #1
Untitled

The oversized kickoff to the year’s most anticipate Blockbuster summer event, chaning the way you view the Marvel Universe!

• The outbreak of war on two fronts: Earth and Space, with our heroes torn between them.
  • The world-shattering return of Thanos!

Avengers #18
Untitled

Deep in space, the Avengers join the Council of Worlds as they declare war on their cosmic invaders.

• The rebirth of the Skrull Empire.
  • The first encounter with the Builders.

Avengers Assemble #18
Untitled

Part 1 of 2! A Spider-Woman’s eye-view as the Avengers engage the seemingly unstoppable Builder fleet!

• You know, the last time Spider-Woman was involved in a big alien invasion thingie, it didn’t go so well for her.
  • I wonder, is Jessica Drew the kind of woman who holds a grudge?

New Avengers #9
Untitled

• The Illuminati on the front line as the Earth is invaded.
  • The House of Black Bolt cracks.
  • Earth falls

Captain Marvel #15
Untitled

• Part 1 of 2, Infinity Event tie-ins, expanding on the capture of Captain Marvel. and Hawkeye!
  • Plus: The return of Binary?!
  • Fisticuffs! In spaaaaaaaaaaaace!

Thunderbolts #14
Untitled

• New Ongoing Creative Team!
  • While the Avengers are away…the THUNDERBOLTS STRIKE!
  • Can they take out all of NYC’s mafia before…anything goes wrong?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

RR529

202. Posted:

I'm late to the party, but I just got back from seeing Iron Man 3! It was a good movie, as expected, but I don't think I liked it as much as the other two.

It had it's fair share of humorous moments, and it did have some awesome action scenes, but while I appreciated the fact that they were trying to show how resourceful Tony could be without the suit, I would have preferred it if he had more time in the suit, and they didn't do a good job explaining what Extrimis is, or how it works.

My dad was particularly dissapointed, not caring for the fact that not much time was spent in the suit (not caring for the "virtual control" he used half the time), the complete lack of AC/DC music (which was prevalent in the previous films), and was particularly confused by the lack of explanation of Extrimis. That, and he was the only member of the group who didn't care much for the 3D.

Just figured you guys might like to hear the input from some people who aren't into the comic scene (and thus don't know about much of the jargon beforehand).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

203. Posted:

The lack of AC/DC or any metal in general was odd. Even The Avengers played some metal during Iron Man's first appearance suited up.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

204. Posted:

Well it looks like Sony is not interested in having the Spiderman movie rights revert back to Disney/Marvel. According to this article

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/sony-announces-dates-fo...

two more sequels are in the works for The Amazing Spiderman. The third movie will be out in 2016 while the fourth will be out 2018. Interesting enough if those sequels do come out it will make TAS the longest running Spiderman movie series.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

205. Posted:

Fikachu wrote:

My favorite Marvel Comics superhero has been Spider-Man since childhood

agree and the movies were definitely worth the comic title

I think it's too bad they never used the vulture as a villain

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

206. Posted:

@Miss_Dark: Sam Raimi was going too if he was able to do the fourth one. In fact John Malkovich was casted as Vulture.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

RR529

207. Posted:

When does LEGO Marvel Superheroes release, and how quickly do LEGO games drop in price?

I've never played any of the LEGO games before (except for a few demos, which were fun enough), but I'm interested in this one, although I'm not sure I'd want to pay a full $40 for it (talking 3DS here).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

208. Posted:

@RR529: Not sure when it comes out but Lego games drop pretty quickly. Within a year after release it should be $20.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

RR529

209. Posted:

@Tasuki, thanks for the info! I may pick it up one day, then.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

210. Posted:

Stay away from Age of Ultron. It sucks big time.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Platypus

211. Posted:

Does anyone own one of those DVD's that Marvel sold which contains entire collections for their comics? I found one for Fantastic Four and Amazing Spider-man for cheap, but I'm wondering if they are easy to read.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

212. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I wouldn't say it sucks, but it seems to me more like a story that could/should have been told as just a regular series arc, rather than a big "event". It's also a little unfocused — it started seemingly going in one direction that was looking good, but once it got bogged down in the Wolverine time-travel arc, it lost something. The series so far does get some points though for putting some focus back on Hank Pym, who (with the exception of Secret Invasion and then the Avengers Academy afterwards) has been rather underused lately.

The tie-in issues have actually been better I think — the Avengers Assemble AU issues focusing on Black Widow were particularly good, especially since they included a lot of references to The Champions team/series from the late 70s, which I always liked for its strange/unique take on a team-book.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

213. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

I wouldn't say it sucks, but it seems to me more like a story that could/should have been told as just a regular series arc, rather than a big "event". It's also a little unfocused — it started seemingly going in one direction that was looking good, but once it got bogged down in the Wolverine time-travel arc, it lost something. The series so far does get some points though for putting some focus back on Hank Pym, who (with the exception of Secret Invasion and then the Avengers Academy afterwards) has been rather underused lately.

The tie-in issues have actually been better I think — the Avengers Assemble AU issues focusing on Black Widow were particularly good, especially since they included a lot of references to The Champions team/series from the late 70s, which I always liked for its strange/unique take on a team-book.

The tie-in's were great and the main series had a good premise. But I'd like to see Ultron is "Age of Ultron", plus the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. This being a following up AvX, and Fear itself has deflated the hype I had for Infinity. I did like in the one universe the avengers disbanded after Pym's death and the defender became the premier super team. Pym is also getting his own team following this book.

WHat do you think about the ultimate universe being shuttered and Miles being potentially moved to the main universe. I've been really liking the Ultimate Universe and while I like Miles the main universe has so many people spider people slinging around, its almost near Bat family levels.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

214. Posted:

I have pretty much no interest in Infinity, though with the tie-ins, i'm sure i'll get drawn in to some degree — i mean, i know they want a "cosmic" event series what with the upcoming Guardians movie and the likely cosmic tie-ins in the next wave of Marvel flicks leading up to Avengers 2. But I've never really been much of a fan of the cosmic elements of the Marvel U (which is basically why i dropped Avengers — the only main Avengers book i get now is Avengers Assemble, which feels more like a "real" or "classic" Avengers book to me).

I've been out of the Ultimate Universe ever since Peter was killed off (well, except for the Spider-Men crossover miniseries) — not because i was pissed or anything that they killed him, it just made a good ending point for my Ultimate collecting, as i had dropped any other titles as well after Ultimatum (which was also a good ending point). Given Miles' huge popularity, i wouldn't be surprised to see him transitioned into the 616, but i agree he could get lost in the shuffle of the Spider-family, what with Otto, Kane and Flash (and a new Carnage is coming too, right? never cared for the character so i don't care) all running around. I'm still wondering how long it's going to be before Peter's brought back, but with the way Superior has been going, it looks like it's going to be quite a while yet.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

215. Posted:

Right now the current spider people are

Spider-ock
Kaine
Venom
Mania (Venom's new sidekick)
Toxin
Ben Reilly (he's back in scarlet spider)
Madame Webb
Spider-girl
Spider-man 2099

I like Cosmic Marvel and its Hickman so 'm somewhat excited for Infinity, but I do understand where your coming from. The story that he wanted to tell isn't really something you'd expect in Avengers and it would be better off in Ultimate's. My only problem is New Avengers is a stupid Illumanti book now, which is all kinds of bleh.

Oddly enough I just realized professor X is dead.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

216. Posted:

For anyone who was concerned about RDJr possibly not returning as Iron Man:
http://www.blastr.com/2013-6-20/iron-man-returns-downey-signs...
(I personally always thought it was an unfounded concern; the "talk" of him not returning to the role was quite obviously a usual Hollywood actor/agent power-play to negotiate for more money before he re-upped)

The Shpydarloggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

217. Posted:

Interesting enough though it just mentions 2 Avengers movies. No mention of an Iron Man 4.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

218. Posted:

Well I finally got to see Iron Man 3 and I have to say what a disappointment it was. I have to say that this Super Hero Movie has suffered the fate that most third movie of a Super Hero series suffers. I would place this one in the same place I put Superman III, Batman Forever, Spiderman 3 and Xmen: Last Stand.

Dont get me wrong it was a good movie and it wrapped up the series nicely but it just seemed different than the other two movies. I mean it was Iron Man but oh I dont know how to explain it. My main gripe is probably like most people The Mandarin. Now I understand that it would be hard to pull off The Mandarin's magic and that but honestly after the events of Avengers and Loki and aliens I would think that it would be reasonable to portray his magic. Even though I was thinking that they would make him like some crazed dictator type something like Gaddafi. But how they did them was totally stupid. To me it felt like they just put him in for the fanboys kinda like what they did with Venom in Spiderman III. Also what I am wondering is where the heck was Shield? In IM2 they were all over Tony and in this one they are just no where to be seen (or even mentioned)?

It was enjoyable and I might watch it again but honestly this is not what I expected from Marvel this time around. I hope this was just a fluke and Thor 2, Captain America 2 and Avengers 2 are better than this one other wise I am going to be very disappointed. Yeah I have to say this one is my least favorite of the Avengers Movie series.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

219. Posted:

Was wondering if anyone has tried the new Marvel MMO Marvel Heroes yet. I have seen some LPS of it on Youtube and the style of it reminds me of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I am thinking of checking it out but I was wondering if anyone plays it.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

RR529

220. Posted:

Finally got around to watching The Amazing Spider-Man.

I don't think I liked it as well as the original Spidey films, but it was still a fun watch.

My biggest issue with it (and a lot of modern movies) is that it's so darned dark. Not in content, but the picture itself. For example, an early scene where he gets into a fight with a bunch of punks in an alley, it was so dark you could only see a bunch of shadows moving around, barely able to discern what was going on. I mean, don't directors these days want people to actually see their movies?

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)