General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Showing 181 to 200 of 687

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

181. Posted:

Don't forget that there's another Marvel Heroes open beta this weekend before the full release on June 4th. It's a great game so far :)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

182. Posted:

Just came from seeing Iron Man 3. Will probably watch it again in the next screening.

Will post up my full thoughts when I get too a real computer.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

183. Posted:

Untitled

Untitled

Coulson shutting it down with impeccable swagger.

http://tvline.com/2013/05/10/abc-new-series-fall-2013-tv-show...

Also calling it now Gunn from Angel is Luke Cage.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

184. Posted:

Yay! It looks like we might be able to see Iron Man 3 in 3D next week!

Well, it's either that or the new Star Trek, but I'll be pushing for IM3.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

185. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Also calling it now Gunn from Angel is Luke Cage.

Could be; I was thinking that's a possibility as well. However, I'm thinking Gunn is actually going to be Marcus Johnson, aka Nick Fury Jr.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Johnson_(comics)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

186. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.L.I.D. has been picked up fir a full.... There's a teaser clip out there of the Hulk in a saquastch like pose with the Hulk which is probably going to be the Team profiling various super humans. I guess this also means the Hulk TV show is canned.

I hope they decide to use guys like Blade and Daredevil in the show instead of making movies out of them.

I might be wrong here but I think different studios still have the media rights to Daredevil and Blade.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

187. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

^Wait, isn't Arrow a spin-off of Smallville?

No it isnt. That was originally the idea but due to it taking longer than planned plus not being able to get the actor who played Oliver in Smallville they decided to have it separate from the Smallville universe. Now there is a rumor that Arrow might serve as the Green Arrows background story for a Justice League movie which if thats the case it will be in the same universe as Man of Steel, but DC has not said anything official.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

188. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.L.I.D. has been picked up fir a full.... There's a teaser clip out there of the Hulk in a saquastch like pose with the Hulk which is probably going to be the Team profiling various super humans. I guess this also means the Hulk TV show is canned.

I hope they decide to use guys like Blade and Daredevil in the show instead of making movies out of them.

I might be wrong here but I think different studios still have the media rights to Daredevil and Blade.

Nope Marvel got both of them back as well as Ghost Rider and Punisher this year.

So like I saw in an earlier post got to see Iron Man today. As a hardcore comic book geek I really enjoyed the movie and didn't find Anything wrong with the movie. Even the whole Mandarin twist makes perfect sense in the context of the film and Universe. While seeing the Ten Rings and actual magic would have been amazing, it wouldn't make sense when you see the film as being a more personal story of self-realization. Its interesting that Tony talked about Iron Man as a whole separate persona and every suit having a different personality for each suit. The actual twist of the the Mandarin being a coked up actor is pretty interesting compared going the eastern mystical route. Killan's insistence of wanting to be the the man behind the curtain and having the Mandarin be the onscreen face.

Favorite part of the moie hs to be the ending 70s style montage.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

189. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.L.I.D. has been picked up fir a full.... There's a teaser clip out there of the Hulk in a saquastch like pose with the Hulk which is probably going to be the Team profiling various super humans. I guess this also means the Hulk TV show is canned.

I hope they decide to use guys like Blade and Daredevil in the show instead of making movies out of them.

I might be wrong here but I think different studios still have the media rights to Daredevil and Blade.

Nope Marvel got both of them back as well as Ghost Rider and Punisher this year.

Oh wow didnt know that. Well hopefully now we will get a good Ghost Rider, Punisher and Daredevil movie.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

190. Posted:

Punisher and Daredevil are in all honestly TV level characters at best. I'm guessing their going to go up in shield. I mean Daredevil seems kind of cool but Punisher loses his big Gimmick when most of the Avengers have no problems with killing.

A Punisher show or movie could work however starting already in his career being the Punisher. Just reference him saying shit got crazy after New York and someone has to stop the normal scum while the Capes protect the world.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

191. Posted:

So apparently Iron Man 3 is a year after A a year Avengers and thor will be a year after the events of Iron Man 3, while Cap is running concurrent to IM3. Kevein Feige also confrimed were going to see Extremis again so i'm guessing its going to show up in the SHIELD how.Its cool how IM3 set up for Mutants or just folks born with powers.

The guy who played Howard Stark in Cap America is coming back for the new film. Probably will be a flashback scene connected to the next one shot about how SHEILD was formed.

Really wish they would get more one shots done to have one release with every film and another one for the Blu-ray release. I think a one shot based on the War Machine to Iron Patriot could have been good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

192. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Punisher and Daredevil are in all honestly TV level characters at best. I'm guessing their going to go up in shield. I mean Daredevil seems kind of cool but Punisher loses his big Gimmick when most of the Avengers have no problems with killing.

A Punisher show or movie could work however starting already in his career being the Punisher. Just reference him saying shit got crazy after New York and someone has to stop the normal scum while the Capes protect the world.

The Punisher from 2004 is one of my favorite Marvel movies. I think they should definitely do another and make it more like the 2004 one instead of whatever that 2009 crap movie was.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

193. Posted:

I'm worried that the TV show might damage the story (don't get me wrong, I want it to work, and will be excited if it does).

How will they make it appeal to the average TV watching populace, without the help of the big heroes? Do you tie it in closely to the movie storyline, and risk it bombing, or do you play it safe & distance it, which might make it not interesting enough?

Keeping a cross film continuity across multiple flicks seemed tough enough on it's own, & I'm just worried about how a TV show will meld with it.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

194. Posted:

Punisher '04 was alright, but I think they could maybe do something better. Never saw the '09 one, but that I thought it looked okay from the trailers.

Oh, and I see the Deadpool movie is kinda up in the air right now, or at least it was in March, which is the most recent news I could find. I hope it gets made, it sounds like the creators are very passionate about it, and I'm sure its fans would love to see it, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

195. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I'm worried that the TV show might damage the story (don't get me wrong, I want it to work, and will be excited if it does).

How will they make it appeal to the average TV watching populace, without the help of the big heroes? Do you tie it in closely to the movie storyline, and risk it bombing, or do you play it safe & distance it, which might make it not interesting enough?

Keeping a cross film continuity across multiple flicks seemed tough enough on it's own, & I'm just worried about how a TV show will meld with it.

Easy it has a few things going for it.

Marvel in the name
Joss Wheadon is the showrunner
Agent Coulson is pretty damn popular which is why his death was retconed.
X-files went 10 seasons
Fringe went five seasons
Torchwood went for four seaons

Its only going to be a problem for the fans. The image I posted earlier shows that they plan each of these things out before hand. From what we can tell Iron Man 3 is Christmas 2013 with Captain America either being concurrent or slightly before,

Also its been bugging me. How powerful was extremis and why were all of Tony's Armors being ripped apart like paper. The Mark 7 was able to withstand a fight with aliens s and going through an interdimensial portal twice,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

196. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I'm worried that the TV show might damage the story (don't get me wrong, I want it to work, and will be excited if it does).

How will they make it appeal to the average TV watching populace, without the help of the big heroes? Do you tie it in closely to the movie storyline, and risk it bombing, or do you play it safe & distance it, which might make it not interesting enough?

Keeping a cross film continuity across multiple flicks seemed tough enough on it's own, & I'm just worried about how a TV show will meld with it.

Easy it has a few things going for it.

Marvel in the name
Joss Wheadon is the showrunner
Agent Coulson is pretty damn popular which is why his death was retconed.
X-files went 10 seasons
Fringe went five seasons
Torchwood went for four seaons

Its only going to be a problem for the fans. The image I posted earlier shows that they plan each of these things out before hand. From what we can tell Iron Man 3 is Christmas 2013 with Captain America either being concurrent or slightly before,

Also its been bugging me. How powerful was extremis and why were all of Tony's Armors being ripped apart like paper. The Mark 7 was able to withstand a fight with aliens s and going through an interdimensial portal twice,

Okay, well I hope it goes well, then :)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

197. Posted:

trailer for Agents of shield

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

198. Posted:

Was going to rewatch the first Iron Man (to build hype to see Iron Man 3 this weekend), but the Iron Man films aren't on Netflix instant streaming anymore, so I opted for rewatching Captain America: The First Avenger.

I didn't realize the first time, how much I really enjoy this one! I'll probably rewatch Thor tomorrow night.

Also checked out the trailer for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., when I hit up YouTube. Hope it's on at a time when I can catch it.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

199. Posted:

Its going to be on Tuesdays at 8pm.

also a new extended trailer

Looks good. I'm guessing Hydra, A.I.M., and extrmis are going to play a role in the series.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

200. Posted:

Just finished up rewatching Thor. Like all of the other Marvel flicks, it's an enjoyable, fun ride.

Probably my least favorite of the bunch, but still very enjoyable.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!