Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,574

bezerker99

@the_shpydar - Thanks for mentioning inflation. I meant too say that. Until ticket prices go down and stop going UP, box office records are going to continue to be broken almost yearly.....especially if they keep making Marvel movies.

Marvel movies always do great at the box-office because they are fun and are well made.

Also, cuz Marvel rocks so damn much.

Edited on by bezerker99

HawkeyeWii

Sony_70 wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Wow, Iron Man 3 grossed somewhere north of $170 mil in it's opening weekend in the U.S. alone! (only surpassed by The Avengers, which opened to $204 mil in the U.S.)

Combined with overseas numbers, it made $680.1 mil this weekend, and factoring in the money it made the week prior (since it opened up earlier overseas), it's already surpassed $1 billion (yeah, that's billion with a "b").

I know it's awesome! I just really hope this means Robert Downey Jr. will return to play Tony Stark! I am doubtful for Iron Man 4, but I think he might come back for Avengers 2.

His contract was for six movies iirc so far he's been in

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Avengers
Iron Man 3 l
He has to appear in Avengers 2 which is probably why the film ended the way it did.

I thought the same thing until every single news story and interview with RDJ in the past week said that his contract was up after Iron Man 3.
Trust me I have been reading every single article and interview that comes up online. It sounds like Iron Man 4 is a no go, but he may be back for Avengers 2. Lets hope!
And the way I see it. I bet they kill Tony off in Avengers 2 and they do make an Iron Man 4, but it is 10 years in the future and that kid [Spoilers] that he helped in Tennessee will be the new Iron Man. Not the new Tony Stark, but the new Iron Man.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

shingi_70

I think he'll be back for Avengers 2 and than they're going to recast.

The Cover and Blurb too Avengers #18
Untitled

The last time the Avengers faced an widescale extraterrestrial threat against Earth came when the shape-shifting Skrulls launched a Secret Invasion that nearly succeeded. Now, as Earth's Mightiest Heroes journey out into the universe in hopes of thwarting another cosmic catastrophe, they must rely on their new allies...the Skrulls?

What brings these two hated opponents together? How have the Skrulls marshalled their forces since the repulsion of their invasion? Who can you trust? These questions will be answered during INFINITY, but get your first exclusive sneak peek at what's to come in AVENGERS #18--due out this August from Jonathan Hickman and Leinil Yu--with Yu's cover.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SkywardLink98

(spoilers ahead) Iron Man 3 was amazing! But the ending was disappointing . Since Robert Downey Jr quit (he has said he won't do anything past Iron Man 3) so they had to adjust the ending SERIOUS SPOILERS DO NOT READ so as well as saving the world, he blew up all 42 Iron Man suits and I'M SERIOUS SPOILERS AHEAD DON'T KEEP READING decided not to make anymore. Well, I'd preferred it if Thanos or whoever killed him and he was Avenged in the second avengers movie.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

shingi_70

After the end credits it say tony stark will return

By avengers 2 they're going to reveal that Tony had been tinkering with extremis and Iron Patriot and is going to use the Extremis Armor in the film.

Thanks isn't until Avengers 3 and they wouldn't kill they're third or fourth most popular character.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

HawkeyeWii

Sony_70 wrote:

By avengers 2 they're going to reveal that Tony had been tinkering with extremis and Iron Patriot and is going to use the Extremis Armor in the film.

Thanks isn't until Avengers 3 and they wouldn't kill they're third or fourth most popular character.

Of course it says Tony Stark will return. He will definitely return, just maybe or maybe not with RDJ.
I have to say, without RDJ playing Tony Stark I will not want to watch a movie with Tony Stark in it. It will be completely awkward!!!
And then everyone brings up the James Bond deal. I see that completely differently. Others may not, but I certainly do.

Twitter:

Captain_Balko

Just because his contract is up doesn't mean that they can't renegotiate. I mean, they make an absurd amount of money from every Iron Man movie, and I'm guessing the profits would be cut in three if they released an Iron Many without RDJ. They'll offer him a simply ridiculous amount of cash for, say, four more films, and he'll take it, and more Iron Man. That's all there is to it.

Captain_Balko

shingi_70

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Of course it says Tony Stark will return. He will definitely return, just maybe or maybe not with RDJ.
I have to say, without RDJ playing Tony Stark I will not want to watch a movie with Tony Stark in it. It will be completely awkward!!!
And then everyone brings up the James Bond deal. I see that completely differently. Others may not, but I certainly do.

Why not its not like Marvel movies haven't changed actors before. I mean what did you expect them to do. With everything being so connected the just can't reboot it anymore.so they're forced too change actors.

WAT!

shingi_70

I'm watching Thor on Netflix and i've forgotten how good it was. The Thor/Loki parts are especially well.

WAT!

Captain_Balko

I was wondering - do you think that Rhodes will still be Iron Patriot in Avengers 2 (if he is in it) or will they change it back to War Machine. Personally, I prefer War Machine since Cap has already got the "American patriotism" thing covered (also, I'm Canadian, so it doesn't really affect me either way).

Captain_Balko

shingi_70

I'm hoping he goes back to War Machine. I love the idea of Iron Patriot in the comics (it makes sense that the Government would want more heavy hitting heroes they can control).

My problem is the Iron Patriot color scheme doesn't look that cool using War Machine's modeling. It looks best as a re-colored version of one of the Mark series armors.
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

It isn't the same though.
You can replace Bruce Banner who cares! We only want to see his alter ego any way.
RDJ as Tony Stark is in my opinion one of the greatest characters to ever grace the big screen.
Replacing him in the middle of these Avenger movies would really suck and take away from the movies.
RDJ is by far the biggest attention grabber out of the whole cast in Marvel movies now. It is too bat that he is unsure if he will come back or not.

Twitter:

Captain_Balko

HawkeyeWii wrote:

It isn't the same though.
You can replace Bruce Banner who cares! We only want to see his alter ego any way.
RDJ as Tony Stark is in my opinion one of the greatest characters to ever grace the big screen.
Replacing him in the middle of these Avenger movies would really suck and take away from the movies.
RDJ is by far the biggest attention grabber out of the whole cast in Marvel movies now. It is too bat that he is unsure if he will come back or not.

The reason he's saying he might not come back is not because he doesn't want to come back - it's so Marvel will stop being so stingy and offer him another absurd amount of money for more Avengers films and another Iron Man (maybe). He is currently negotiating with them for Avengers 2 and 3.

Captain_Balko

shingi_70

If he does stay he's going to probably be only in Avengers movis from now on. The only other way I can see him doing a non avengers film if its a Stark?Banner buddy film called Science Bros.

The best page I've seen in a while.
Untitled

OOnly books I plan to try out tommorow are

Avengers #11
Untitled

I'll probably end up trying to get a copy of secret Avengers for the cover alone.
Untitled

Try not to support Marvel monthly comics and only buy in trade since I don't want to support anti consumer practices. That and they're too many freaking books that are branded Avengers.

WAT!

I-U

SkywardLink98 wrote:

SERIOUS SPOILERS DO NOT READ so as well as saving the world, he blew up all 42 Iron Man suits and I'M SERIOUS SPOILERS AHEAD DON'T KEEP READING

Not all, as Mark II is the Iron Patriot. Marvel could also always have the character of Tony Stark make more suits, as he can do so quickly as seen from Avengers to Iron Man 3. RDJ also seems like he wants to be Tony Stark and keep doing more films for Marvel. I mean last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live, he was absolutely all into the success of the series and the two (RDJ and the character, Tony Stark) are practically one.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Peach64

The thing is, they're going to probably run into this issue a lot. They want to keep pumping out these movies every single year, and the stars of them aren't going to want to be stuck being the same character over, and over again. It will reach a point where even money won't help. I doubt RDJ is sitting about thinking how he doesn't have enough money already. They should slow down the pace a lot, and maybe they could keep the stars on for longer.

Peach64

Spoony_Tech

Peach64 wrote:

The thing is, they're going to probably run into this issue a lot. They want to keep pumping out these movies every single year, and the stars of them aren't going to want to be stuck being the same character over, and over again. It will reach a point where even money won't help. I doubt RDJ is sitting about thinking how he doesn't have enough money already. They should slow down the pace a lot, and maybe they could keep the stars on for longer.

I agree to a extent. These actors are not getting any younger and age will play a factor after a long wait. After all it takes a good 2-3 years to make these movies anyways. I do agree though that eventually money won't matter!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.L.I.D. has been picked up fir a full.... There's a teaser clip out there of the Hulk in a saquastch like pose with the Hulk which is probably going to be the Team profiling various super humans. I guess this also means the Hulk TV show is canned.

I hope they decide to use guys like Blade and Daredevil in the show instead of making movies out of them. I'm also suspecting DC too do something similar and announce at Comic Con that Green Lantern/Arrow/Man of Steel all take place in the same universe just at different points.

Arrow season 1 -> Man of Steel -> Green Lantern

WAT!

RR529

^Wait, isn't Arrow a spin-off of Smallville?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shingi_70

RR529 wrote:

^Wait, isn't Arrow a spin-off of Smallville?

No. Arrow is a complety new show hence it being called Arrow and not Green Arrow. Smallville has a comicbook spin off.

The first season of Arrow has been a Flashback/Origin story on how Playboy oliver queen becomes a murderous vigilante. Geoff Johns has been teasing some news from DC entertainment .... I'm guessing it has too do with upcoming DC film and TV projects (Man of steel 2, Justice League, Dark Universe, Arrow season 2, Booster Gold,Wonder Woman)

[url=http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45394]Marvels Big Hero 6 is going to be the first disney animated film based upon DC properties.[/url}

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic