Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,360

jump

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I figured every person interested in Marvel films knew Spiderman and Black Panther was in them by now. Even by accident.

Even people who aren't comics/Marvel movies fans know Spider-Man is in it (they forget about Black Panther as they don't know he is even though he's on the poster) as I was explaining to my girlfriend's sister why Spider-Man is the film who has no interest in these types of films. I think she only brought it up as she was reaching to make conversation with me as I was talking to someone else in the pub about how big a turd Bats vs Supes was.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Vinny

A guy told me he thought Civil War was great but not as good as Winter Soldier. What means it's better than Age of Ultron. Sounds good to me.

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

Discord: This cord
Tumblr: Where I post... stuff.

Spoony_Tech

I seen one reviewer say it's the second best behind Winter Soilder. Either way I've seen WS like 20 plus times so I'm in for a treat!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DefHalan

I am expecting Captain America 4 to be a romantic comedy lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Vinny

Winter Soldier is my favorite movie on the MCU. Nice story, themes, a interesting villain, and a lot of great fight choreographies with practical effects (unlike Age of Ultron where there's 6 characters on the screen at once with tons of CG).

jump

Vinny wrote:

Winter Soldier is my favorite movie on the MCU. Nice story, themes, a interesting villain, and a lot of great fight choreographies with practical effects (unlike Age of Ultron where there's 6 characters on the screen at once with tons of CG).

Who do you consider the villian Winter Soldier or Robert Redford? I thought Redford was great but I'm still abit disappointed that at the end he didn't rip his face off to reveal he's actually the Red Skull.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

ElementSponge

Yeah, it was very disappointing that they wasted Robert Redford like that. I mean c'mon, you get Robert Redford to play one of your villains and you kill him off in the same movie he's introduced? Darn shame.

ElementSponge

Spoony_Tech

Don't watch SHIELD unless you've seen Civil War. They spoil it in the first words out of the show.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CharlieSmile

so "Captain America: Steve Rogers #1" comes out tomorrow (May 25th) and...

big honking comic spoilers
Steve Rogers is with Hydra.
end spoilers

Edited on by CharlieSmile

Charlie is a girl's name too!

3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

ElementSponge

Name it's been nearly half a year since anyone talked in here!

Anyway, there's a new teaser trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2, and boy does it look good.

Also it looks like people are loving Dr Strange right now.

ElementSponge

Vinny

The Logan trailer looks excellent and they picked a great song for it. The movie looks very different from the other films on the series from what I can tell.
That's the last time we're going to see Hugh Jackman as the Wolverine, after 17 years playing the character.

Edited on by Vinny

Whydoievenbother

@Vinny I honestly couldn't muster up the energy to care for Logan. The X-Men movies are madly overrated, and this one looks overly bleak and dreary even compared to the overly bleak and dreary original X-Men trilogy. Maybe Logan will be good, but until we find out, the only good X-Men movies IMO are Deadpool, X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

"2017 called, something about an asteroid? I don't know, I couldn't hear a thing over all the screaming."
Me
"Let's all laugh at an industry that never learns anything tee hee hee!"
Ben "Yahtzee" Crosshaw, Zero Punctuation

Whydoievenbother

@DefHalan Assuming Chris Evans extends his contract. Before you ask, Chris Evans signed on for 6 movies.
MCU Movies with Captain America:
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War

"2017 called, something about an asteroid? I don't know, I couldn't hear a thing over all the screaming."
Me

RR529

@MrMario02, not sure if it'd count, but he also briefly appeared in Thor: the Dark World, when Loki took his form (more of just a cameo, though).

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Whydoievenbother

@RR529 He also appeared in one of the after credits scenes of Ant-Man. I'm pretty sure that cameos and after credits scenes don't count.

Me

DefHalan

@MrMario02 Do you think he isn't going to be in both Avengers 3 movies? Because the contract (if it is still only the 6 movie deal) wouldn't cover both movies

Whydoievenbother

@DefHalan Who knows? Maybe Chris Evans will extend his contract just like Robert Downey Jr. did. Maybe Disney will use some dumb legal loophole to get Chris to be in both films.

Me

DefHalan

@MrMario02 or maybe Chris Evans doesn't want to leave the roll yet and will sign another contract. I still think Captain America 4 should be a romantic comedy lol

Tasuki

MrMario02 wrote:

@RR529 He also appeared in one of the after credits scenes of Ant-Man. I'm pretty sure that cameos and after credits scenes don't count.

Actually Cameos and end credits do count. Originally Robert Downey signed a 5 picture deal with Marvel which were Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk (where he appeared in the post credit scene) Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 and Avengers. After that they had to renegotiate with him for future films.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

It all depends on how his contract is written. His 6-film contract may not include the cameo-type appearances; they may have been separately negotiated or included in a different clause in the contract (especially if they were filmed while he was already in the process of filming another Marvel film, such as during shoots of Cap 3 or something).

All that being said, i think it's pretty much a lock that he'll sign a new contract or re-negotiate (if the contract has some sort of options included, which is likely) for additional films. It'll surely all depend on what money he'll be looking for and what plans Marvel has for the upcoming Phases of the MCU. It's possible that Marvel is keeping the option open to go with Bucky-Cap or Falcon-Cap in the MCU depending on what Evans decides to do.

Meanwhile, i am cautiously excited for Logan for two main reasons - first, i'm really curious to see what they do with the Old Man Logan storyline (probably my favorite Wolverine story of all time), and second, X-23 (a character i absolutely love)!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.
Current E.T. count: 33 Copies. 3 Sealed, 14 CIB, 16 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic