Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,360

DefHalan

@Spoony_Tech: lol. I have fallen kinda behind. last I saw Daisy fell under Hive's control and broke out of Shield.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

Well I'm watching the next episode after that now which is the next episode anyways. You're only 2 days behind really. Oh and a rather nice Cap 3 commercial just aired in the first break!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DefHalan

@Spoony_Tech: I don't have cable and a DVR anymore so i have to wait for it to come to Hulu, and Wednesdays have been pretty busy for me. So I try to catch it later. Looks like I won't see this week's episode until next week But I have to catch up before next Thursday. Already have my Cap Tickets for Thursday May 5th, I want to be prepared for it lol.

Spoony_Tech

I'll see it most likely that Sunday. Can't wait!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm surprised no ones even mentioned AoS since its been back on. Big things happening on that show these days!

Everytime someone say it gotten good I catch up and it's still rubbish.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

jump wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm surprised no ones even mentioned AoS since its been back on. Big things happening on that show these days!

Everytime someone say it gotten good I catch up and it's still rubbish.

It has gotten good, if you still care. If you don't care then I don't think they will win you back.

the_shpydar

I have definitely been enjoying this season, though it's a shame that Bobbi and Hunter have gone to spin-off land (but i'll definitely check out that show if/when it finally pops up). Joey and Yo-Yo are both cool new characters (Lincoln is still meh, though he's getting a bit better), and hope they're around more in the future.

Hive-Ward has been awesome. It's almost hard to believe its the same actor that was so horribly bland and boring in the first season, but with each new incarnation of his character (original, Hydra-Ward and now Hive-Ward) he keeps getting better and better.

And this past episode's best moment was Coulson, the ultimate Cap fanboy, having an energy shield!

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.
CACODEMON.
Current E.T. count: 34 Copies. 4 Sealed, 14 CIB, 16 Cart-Only.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Spoony_Tech

@the_shpydar: You may want to put some of that in spoilers and yes I agree with the last part and most of what you said.

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

the_shpydar

@Spoony_Tech: Yeah, i was going to do that as i was originally posting, but since it wasn't super-spoilery i didn't. Edited it now though.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.
CACODEMON.
Current E.T. count: 34 Copies. 4 Sealed, 14 CIB, 16 Cart-Only.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

DefHalan

Well, the Wife and I decided to skip going to the movies last night and instead caught up on Shield. It was awesome

jump

Civil War is pretty good, it delivers on the promised Cap vs Shellhead fight and even the minor Avengers have a moment. Spidey and Black Panther are great although Zemo whilst effective in the film feels like a waste.

Oh and stay til after the long credits as there's 2 lots of extra scenes.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

CharlieSmile

@jump:
I just have one question.
Carol "Captain Marvel" Danvers - any mention of her at all, yes or no?

Charlie is a girl's name too!

3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

jump

CharlieSmile wrote:

@jump:
I just have one question.
Carol "Captain Marvel" Danvers - any mention of her at all, yes or no?

Sorry Ms Marvel isn't in it or mentioned.

Nicolai wrote:

CharlieSmile

@jump:
I asked about Carol, not Kamala

Charlie is a girl's name too!

3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

jump

^She will always be Ms Marvel to me

Nicolai wrote:

Peek-a-boo

@jump: I don't mean to pry, and am somewhat thankful I didn't read your post before watching the film myself, but isn't saying that Black Panther (and Spider-Man to a lesser extent) are in the film a spoiler?

I didn't watch any of the trailers so, I went into the film blind. I would have been a bit annoyed if I read your post first, is all.

As for the film itself, it is my least favourite Captain America film (of the three) purely because it is no longer about him and his stories. You may as well call it The Avengers: Civil War in all honesty.

The main clash between the two sides was some parts good, some parts forgettable; it was too busy and I didn't know what was going on most of the time. I mean, why have a battle on what looks like a small abandoned airport?

The best part was the Spider-Man entrance, and Ant Man turning BIG!

Felt like an overly long film too. Why are they all two and a half hours long nowadays? The first Thor, Iron Man and Captain America were tied up in two well paced hours, or so they feel like it compared to this.

I am beginning to prefer the little stories like Ant Man and Deadpool than these big scale super heroes movies.

It's a 6/10 from me.

Oh, and the 3D was terrible! If you can avoid paying extra to see a surprisingly blurry implementation of 3D effects, please do. I wish we could choose to watch films on the IMAX screen in 2D, as every single 3D film after Avatar is not worth anybody's time.

Peek-a-boo

jump

^They are in the trailers and people have already talked about those two in this thread...

SPOILERS!!!! Iron Man is this film!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

ElementSponge

It was a slow burn at first, but damn was the pay off worth it in the end! So glad that I don't have to avoid spoilers anymore. It's been a long time coming and Civil War is finally here!

ElementSponge

Spoony_Tech

I figured every person interested in Marvel films knew Spiderman and Black Panther was in them by now. Even by accident.

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic