Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,574

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

What do people think about the upcoming Civil War 2 comic event?

I'll read it once it's out in trade but it doesn't excite me, seems like a cheap cross over event rather than an epic story.

That is something I am worried about, plus it feels like Iron Man is on the wrong side.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

RR529

Season 2 of Daredevil is now out. Anyone else watching it?

I've watched the first three episodes (of the season) so far. I was suprised at the character they introduced (in a good way). I wonder if they're going to introduce a real villain for the season, or if the conflicting methods of Daredevil & this other character will be the main theme this season?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DefHalan

I finished Season 2 of Daredevil. Probably going to re-watch it at least 5 times before Season 3, like I did with Season 1 before Season 2 lol. Also really looking forward to Luke Cage in September and whenever Iron Fist happens. I love how connected the world feels in the Netflix series, more so than anywhere else in the MCU.

LadyCharlie

DefHalan wrote:

It looks bad. Like, really bad.
One thing I've noticed about Brian Michael Bendis, is he has a tendency to write characters out of character, just for the sake of shock value. He seems poised to really ramp this up for "Marvel Corporate Comics Crossover Event™: 2016 Edition."
Having Carol Danvers, Steven Rogers, and Peter Parker be on the side that says “we must punish people for crimes they may possibly commit in the future” seems really, nonsensically out of turn for them.
I’ll be flipping through the pages on the store shelf, but I wouldn’t buy it to burn it.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

DefHalan

CharlieSmile wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

It looks bad. Like, really bad.
One thing I've noticed about Brian Michael Bendis, is he has a tendency to write characters out of character, just for the sake of shock value. He seems poised to really ramp this up for "Marvel Corporate Comics Crossover Event™: 2016 Edition."
Having Carol Danvers, Steven Rogers, and Peter Parker be on the side that says “we must punish people for crimes they may possibly commit in the future” seems really, nonsensically out of turn for them.
I’ll be flipping through the pages on the store shelf, but I wouldn’t buy it to burn it.

I think I am just going to wait for it to come to Marvel Unlimited. The more I hear about it, the less excited I am for it.

jump

I've finished off Daredevil and it's fantastic, it doesn't feel as good as the first but it was never going to be. Elektra after grating on me the first few episodes eventually got me to warm up to her.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RR529

Finally got around to watching Ant-Man (DVD) tonight!

What an absolutely wonderful time. It's pure fun from beginning to end, and I can't wait to see him back.

EDIT: Also finished up season 2 of Daredevil (Netflix original) tonight!

Not as good as season one (as the poster above noted), but still a good watch. I personally preferred the Punisher focused half of the story, but I eventually warmed up to the Electra half as well.

My biggest issue was how dark it was (in terms of lighting). It's hard to enjoy the fight choreography when it's so dark you can't tell who's who half the time. To be fair, when I saw a commercial for the season on TV, it showed some of the scenes in question and I could perfectly see what was going on then, but actually watching it on Netflix, the picture was just darker, for whatever reason (and no amount of fiddling around with the picture settings on the TV really did anything to resolve it).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

Finally got around to seeing Deadpool, and I loved it. Pretty much they captured what I love about Deadpool perfectly. I can't wait for the sequel.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ElementSponge

@RR529: Yeah, the lighting gets rather annoying. I mean I get it's a show with dark tones, but damn do they have to make it challenge to watch the fight scenes?

ElementSponge

jump

The Spider-Man film name has been leaked, spidermanhomecomingthemovie.com has been registered by Sony. People are looking at the Homecoming storyline as a possible plot for the film which is where he returns back Secret Wars with the symbiote suit.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

Movie News via @NewsfusionApps #Movie News
http://screencrush.com/civil-war-early-reactions/

Seems like Civil War might be great. Can't wait to see it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ElementSponge

Yeah, seems like Black Panther and Spidey are going to steal the show in this one.

ElementSponge

Ryu_Niiyama

...please tell me that is not Tilda Swinson as the ancient one....sigh.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

shingi_70

So I saw Civil War last night.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Spoony_Tech

@shingi_70: Wait, you seen it?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

@Spoony_Tech:

Yep got early screening passes for me and a friend.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Spoony_Tech

@shingi_70: Sweet! Where would you rank it?

MERG said:

shingi_70

@Spoony_Tech:

Well here's the quick review I did on my way home last night.

Captain America: Civil War is the best realization of characters to the screen since the Dark Knight or the Avengers. It's also a contender for best Comic book movie of all time and a shoo in for movie of the year. The film has a ton of spectacle, but still finds time to slow down the pace even amidst action to give small character moments and have the cast play off each other. The thing is through the pessimistic and malevolent tones that comes with a superhero War, the movie is able to find spots of hope and enjoyment throughout, by small and sometime large doses of humor to contrast the seriousness of the situation, with out undermining the ongoing conflict. Newcomers Spider-man and Black Panther are given the respect they serve and have full character arcs that firmly establish them in the MCU while taking a direct inspiration from the pages of the 616. Other characters are given ample time and you see an evolution from where we last saw them in previous movies in the universe. Despite this all star cast this is firmly a Captain America film and Steve Rogers is at the heart and soul of not only the film, but the Superhuman community. If I had to give the movie a rating it's a pure 5/5

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic